AMD Catalyst 11.4 Early Preview Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Thanks! :cheers:

I've also seen a nice 20fps increase in Bad Company 2 in average frame rate as well as better minimum framerate.

It no longer goes below 100fps (1920x1080, AAx8, AFx16, High, HBAO).

So yeah, I'm in love with this drivers.

2. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    any ideas why my screen flashes black when ccc loads ?
    it never did this before but on 11.2 and now it still does it on 11.4

my card is a saphire 5850 and ive tried stock clocks and below with no joy. done a fresh install of win 7 twice and changed lots of things, its really annoying :(

i like the bfbc2 perf increase but im tempted to go back into the 10`s for a more compatible driver and perhaps it will still give me some left over files if i dont uninstall 11.4 that will keep the bfbc2 speed

3. xira

xira Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 770 SC ACX 2gb
    this is the memory changing clock speeds. it's normal. when you open certain settings in the ccc it loads 3d clocks

4. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    thank you for mobility asder

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Tested Dirt II with this driver, My Fps Increased a little bit, Catalyst Center is Loading Fast, and stable...... Waiting for Crysis 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood, anybody knw when is Brotherhood release date....

6. hemphill

hemphill New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC
    Old overdrive after 11.4

In my Event Viewer this kind of error found after installing 11.4 preview:

The AODDriver4.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified.

Seems like old Overdrive try to start, any ideas how to get rid of it?

7. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    17th - 22th on europe

8. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Any 68xx owners please can give some bench on 11.2 and 11.4 catalyst drivers specially on metro2033, dragonage 2, unigine heaven2.

9. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    L0, L1 or L0&L1

They are power saving modes ASPM

I set mine to disabled

10. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Seems like i got the 100% gpu issue again. I get it when the pc takes some time to shut down. I sweared i checked the gpu usage on afterburner but it didn't show 100% at all.

11. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    anyone know if there is a new CAP out for 11.4 or are we still using CAP 11.2 CAP3?

cheers

12. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    CAPs are included in 11.4

13. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    cool thx.

must have missed that

:eek:c:

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Wonder how they worked the increases out, as the drivers they are basing them on, were before the 6 series were launched, so didn't work on the 6 series, so how could they know that those old drivers, were 70% slower in x game, 50% slower in x game etc.... on newer cards they didn't work on, did they add the 6 series into the .inf's of those old drivers, so they could be installed on them, and then they benched them against the 11.4's, which were for them to find out, just LOL.

15. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Thats what I was reading too, so they are basically saying that newer cards with newer drivers are faster than older cards with older drivers lol

Well I never !

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Wonder if they also factored in, that even with the exact same drivers with no modifcations, being ran on the newer faster cards, games would be running faster anyway.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Few days ago it happend at 19:18 so i went to check log files and there was NOTHING to find during that time.

They changed something ever since 10.12, and whatever they changed is really screwing over 5xxx users.

I think they know damn well what the changed, they just want us to upgrade our videocards. Wich i will at some point, but not AMD ;)

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Marketing people don't do maths, can't prove sh!t, and like to put asterisks at the end of a sentence.

19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Nah, like I said earlier, I bet they're adding AVX (for Intel Sandy Bridge and AMD Bulldozer), and possibly what useful from FMA4, XOP, CVT16.

Even though thats CPU related, it would make a difference. Improving multithreading for the drivers may help too, especially since the performance Desktop Bulldozers and Sandy Bridges can run 8 simultaneous threads.

Since the GPU is in a way a superthreaded processor, no doubt they'll try and improve the way data is handled on board to make processing more efficient.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  20. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    just got my i7 2600k system, still having the same issues as before with drivers newer then 8.812.000
    it might be related to the connector to my screen the dvi to vga adapter or my packerdbell 22 inch 1680x1050 screen or the gpu itself which is an sapphire 6950.

even tried with gpu bios switch on 1 to have stock bios and did a clean windows 7 sp1 install still the same issue...

oh well at least I copied my 11.1 catylst for backup before I installed my new system so I can use that.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011