possible microstudder fix

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by padishah, Mar 10, 2011.

1. padishah

padishah Active Member

GPU:
    2X Pny 470gtx's
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    not really.. i tried it sometime ago and i didn't notice a thing, same crap in games were it stutters.. (Its all in nvidia crappy drivers)

[​IMG]

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1861804

But it suppose to be good for ASIO and audio production software where latency is crucial and prevents any unwanted micro lags (audio skips, crackle)..

3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i just did it, seems to be nice tweak for anything not jus games

4. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    there should be a sub topic for this sort of stuff. tweaks and stuff. specified by OS

5. padishah

padishah Active Member

GPU:
    2X Pny 470gtx's
    It worked great for me im very impressed with this tweak

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    could be because you use SLi :)

7. padishah

padishah Active Member

GPU:
    2X Pny 470gtx's
    Hey hunter i noticed that you only display a minimum core parking are you sure your max isnt set to 100 also?

8. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    I tried to find this key but everytime I try it just says fininshed searching registry but nothing else happens. I believe this may be my issue. I noticed Hunter had the option in power settings but I don't. Any help changing my parking settings, THANKS! I can't do anything in redegit permissions are grayed out and when I search for something I know is there it just says finished searching registry no keys come up and how can I open as administrator? I guess my user accounts are screwed up cause it lists me twice once as regular user and once as administrator WTF?

9. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    How did you get that option in power settings ?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By following these instructions:

1) Go to RegEdit (RegEdt32.exe, even in Win7 x64):

2) Find the key 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583, there are several ones with the Attribute, ValueMin, ValueMax (and other entries) which are the ones we're interested in. Skip those having AC/DCSettingIndex (which holds the power plans configurations that we will change later from the UI).

3) Delete the Attribute entry.

4) Repeat the step 2 as many times as needed to delete those Attribute entries.

DO NOT DELETE Attribute ENTRIES FROM OTHER KEYS!

5) Choose a Power Management Plan, or create a new one.

6) Go to the Advanced settings, you will see the "processor performance core parking min cores" parameter. You'll see the default values of 10%. Change them to 0% for either AC, DC or both.

7) Change the Power Management Plan and see the effect on the fly.

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    this, so you can have it in powerplan

http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2191835

Well one said 0 is maximum then the other its 100%. Im not sure, but i think its like so, 100% is no parking..

otherwise its like so by default
    [​IMG]

12. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Ah ok, I did it the OP way and just set the Max Value to 0 on each key

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i think you will need to set to 100% not 0%. Check my post above.

Or you can look at it this way, when you use balanced power plan check minimum cpu state, you will see its at 5% that means it will lower cpu power compared to 100%, and by high performance power plan they're both at 100% >> no throttling..

14. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Hmm I`ll check, but if this were true, wouldnt I be noticing my system being very slow ?

EDIT - I dont mean 0% - If you check the OP link it is a value in the registry key which is default @ 64, changed to 0

-------------------
    If you are interested in changing core parking you can do so by finding the following key in the registry:
    -0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583

-Find ValueMax. This value represents the % number of cores the system will park. Default is 100% IE: all Cores are potentially park-able

-Change the value from 64 to 0. Both ValueMin and ValueMax are both zero

-Continue to search for the 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 key as it will be found more then once in the registry.

-Do a full shutdown then a cold-re-start

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1390446

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i didn't fiddle in registry much all i did was erase those attributes that hide this core parking and that's it.

If you change all those values then it disables core parking for all power plan profiles and this is not a perfect thing to do imo, why not make a separate power plan and disable it only there? Well that's what i did, its in those steeps Darren posted, plus fixed steep no6 its actually 100% not 0.

16. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    I just changed Attributes value from 1 to 0. I didn't make sense to me to delete the entry. It worked, I see the cores parked in power settings now.

17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Interesting. But what does it mean in step 6 "...for either AC, DC or both." , I only see one option and it is not labeled as either, what am I not understanding?

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    idk anymore, but if i remember correctly i had to disable this attribute only 2 times.. Read through the whole thread over at cakewalk and you will know for sure:nerd:

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Well I mean it says you should see it in the power options after deleting the "Attribute" entries from the keys. I see the "processor performance core parking min cores", which I set to 100, but it says to change them for either AC, DC or both, which I don't see outside the registry in the same power options menu... maybe just another mistake, got the 0vs100 thing wrong after all.

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So valueMax 0 or 100?

I am confused