RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    are you adding dirt2_game.exe to RP?¿

not dirt2.exe, dirt2.exe is a launcher, real one its dirt2_game

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    For Dirt2, add dirt2_game.exe as profile's executable and set dirt2.exe as launcher with GFWL/Starcraft II as launcher type.

3. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Ok trying now.

4. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    That fixed it, thanks alot.

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I've tried with vsync+TB, i cant stand it >_<, at least of BFBC2 its slow and i think i lose many FPS's, too much input lag imo.

6. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Hey Mr. John is there any chance to have similar bit editing for aa profiles like in nvidia inspector? We can now force aa for games which don't have support for it but only with predefined ATI aa profiles.

7. Knutselmaaster

Knutselmaaster Active Member

GPU:
    AMD6870 xfire
    Forgive me if i post a dumb question.
    I dropped out of this topic because RP was not compatible with XP anymore, but maybe it would be in the future.
    Is xp compatibility back yet?

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're welcome :)

It's not possible, those settings are not exposed as they are on NVIDIA.

Please try it and let me know if it is :)

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Hi Jap!
    Just got a bug.
    I've added the first custom compatibility profile.
    Tried it with a game. And didn't worked. So, now, I'm trying to add another one, but it doesn't add (AA One). All It does is play the "exclamation" sound of Win7 and that's it.
    It doesn't add to the list.
    Any work around?

Thanks a lot!

Edit:

**** it.
    I added .exe at the end of the file name and worked. Weird thing is that before, with the previous one, i didn't do that, because it says "File Name only" Any idea on what just happened? Lol.

10. DEATHxxHIPPIE

DEATHxxHIPPIE Guest

GPU:
    2 5850's
    Hi, i've been using radeonpro since before the latest version, and i find it to be a pretty helpful tool. But recently i've run into a little bit of a problem with it, on a couple of the games that i use it for america's army 3 and the crysis 2 demo, both dx9, i've developed some weird scan lines, sort of like if you were to view a recording of a monitor on a television. It doesn't effect any of the other games i've played. I've tried to uninstall radeonpro and change my drivers. But still in these two games i get weird flickering.Vsync minimizes it, but it is still noticeable. Anything i can do short of not playing with crossfire to get rid of this problem?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

11. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Same issue on several game. But I do not think that radeonpro is the only responsible of this.
    On my side, everything was good, until I broke my eyefinity to go to single monitor. the problem appeared when I reactivated the eyefinity.
    On another hand, with also this problem, I meet an another one : in all game, when I scroll or if something move in the game, I have like lag in graphics, like a big ghost, on everything, around 0.5s (as it is like 3d stereo..)

It is a pain, but to isolated I deactivated radeonpro and the problem is still here (I mean graphic ghost), but the tv like problem disappeared.

Another thing that I noticed, and maybe could answer me : what does it mean when radeonpro top right icon goes from its black icon to a forbidden one ? (when I launch a game or application which use 3D)

Best regards

12. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

no more release?

any possibility to have desktop resolution/refresh control and fan control?

13. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    But... BFBC2 doesn't need VSYNC+TB to be forced via D3D Tweaks. If you enable it ingame it works perfectly (constant 60fps here).

The problem appear with games which don't support Vsync option ingame, like Crysis DX10 or STALKER Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat. I don't know any more games with this issue, but I bet there are many more. Anyway, the sympthoms you describe are the same I feel when enabling it in RP but not in D3DOverrider.

I don't know how to proof it, since if video is recorded with fraps, framerate is fixed :s

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The extension must be part of the file name. It says file name only because the full path isn't necessary, but I agree it's a bit confusing. I'll add some code to check for an extension, if it's not inputed then RP will add .exe as default.

I think it's the drivers, it's mainly due to missing CFX profiles or when AFR is being forced.

I don't know about the image ghost, maybe it's some flat panel setting you did changed or must change?

If you're using a TV check if refresh rate hasn't been dropped to 24Hz, in that case you can force 60Hz in game profile.

The icon changes when a profile is loaded, returning to its normal appearance when the profile is unloaded. Sometimes the icon quickly changes when an application is started, it's normal behavior.

Updates are coming, I just need to get more spare time to get them done.

German translation is going to be updated and skins are going to make a come back. About skins, the code is being changed to allow web based skins, making easier to create skins for RP as anyone with web design knowledgement will be able to create new skins.

Why do you need desktop resolution/refresh control from RP? That should not be hard to implement, but honestly I can't see usefulness for that feature in RP.

I'm planning to implement Overdrive support (clocks/fan control), but I need to check compatibility or other potential issues before.

15. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

to use only radeonpro and uninstall / don't start CCC2 :)

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Can you force a game/program to use crossfire?

Well I'm asking the question for any game really but specifically Dolphin the Nintendo Gamecube/wii emulator. It only uses one card.

How would I get any game/program to be forced to use Crossfire?

Thanks,

Sy.

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    sorry for late answer, but BFBC2 has no TB option i think? only vsync

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you can try to force other CFX profiles with radeon pro , BUT this doesnt work for dolphin somehow. you might have even notice the 3d clocks arent even active. i use radeon pro to use a OC profile of CCC, forcing it to 3d clocks.
    CFX isnt working though, same goes for the pcsx2 emulator.

19. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Oh. Thats a shame. Big shame.

20. DEATHxxHIPPIE

DEATHxxHIPPIE Guest

GPU:
    2 5850's
    Okay, so what's the best fix then, maybe an uninstall thru control panel and then sweep in safe mode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.