AMD Catalyst 11.4 Early Preview Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    These are great for my HD5870! Crysis 2 performance is up, Bulletstorm has not run this good before. And with mouse shadow disabled, I dont have mouse cursor bug? I had it before with 11.2 and others if shadow was enabled, but not with this one?

2. denkov

denkov Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560ti SLI
    Has anyone had a Grey Screen of Death since installing? Supposedly these were going to fix that issue. I'm tired of using ATI Tray Tools and would rather be using CCC again but I hate GSOD and ATI Tools seems to prevent a lot of that from happening.

Any input is helpful. Thanks all!
    :pc1: :biggun:

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Ha, you funny! Make you think some of the complaints aren't real or just pebcak.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm gonna try something else to figure this damn 99% Issue out since it happend this morning and i installed 10.10e again. I been digging true the windows log files but can't rly find anything because i dunno at what time it happend. All i know is i was watching youtube videos.

So what i'm going to do is reinstall 11.4 again and do the same again and keep an eye on MSI Afterburner and Overdrive Panel to see when it happens and check log files during that time.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm seeing a noticeable improvement in frame rates in the games I play with these drivers. IMO, these drivers are a lot better then 11.2 and I like some of the subtle changes made for CCC.

6. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    well i managed to get it installed finally..having a BSOD on install was a first for me...bc2, which is the only game i seem to play lately..runs better than any other driver now...*awesome* :) quite happy about that...but i tried an older game...openGl...and wow...it takes almost :30 to load up the game...like the driver is just stalled hardcore..anyone else play any openGL games experience anything like this?

7. redfalcon_

redfalcon_ Guest

GPU:
    HD4850 512 MiB
    It seems that AMD has integrated some kind of downsampling into this driver. But it only seems to work if you have both an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU which should result in the CCC saying "AMD Vision Engine Control Center" at its top. I was able to use 1920x1200 on my 1680x1050 screen, by just selecting and applying it in the CCC. Works in DX9 and DX10 games too. I posted this over at 3DCenter, but nobody can get it to work besides me. Can somebody here try to verify it?

Here's the thread at 3DCenter: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=504317
    In english via Google Translator: http://translate.google.de/translat...wthread.php?t=504317&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

8. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    +1 also slightly faster than any other driver for my 6 series so happy days:)

9. boyriot

boyriot Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5770 IceQ5
    gonna try it now, thanks

10. raz0r-s3k

raz0r-s3k Member

GPU:
    5870 Vapor-X
    for the ones with the mouse cursor lag, you might wanna check your pointer-scheme under control panel-> mouse -> pointers -> scheme: use Windows Aero(system scheme) + disable mouse shadow this worked for me (i had "none" under scheme before). you could also try with the other schemes, might work.
    if its any further help i have only these 3 options enabled under visual effects (dont need all the eye-candy^^):
    show thumbnails instead of icons
    smooth edges of screen fonts
    use visual styles on windows and buttons

haha, well if u really want it, you could try enabling mouse shadow+mouse pointer scheme=none ;)

note: havent tried 11.4 yet (about to in a few mins) but i guess the problem is the same

11. chevy350`

chevy350` Member

GPU:
    5600XT Red Devil
    They seem to play well with 6950's....3D Mark11 score went from 5858 to 5959 after installing these :thumbup:

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    BSOD while installing driver , this is the fourth driver that wont work with my set up , and everything is related to my connections via HDMI from my HD6950s to my HD LCD TV via HDMI , i tried my old 24" LCD Monitor via DVI and it works perfectly , but wont work on my 52" HDTV LCD using HDMI to HDMI :mad: , i have reported this problem 4 times already to the Driver Team of AMD/ATI and they have not done Sh*t about it and im not the only one with HDMI to HDMI connections problems its been widely reported. Ill give it one more month if by the next driver update WHQL the monkeys that are writing drivers at AMD/ATI have not fix it im obligated to sell my cards and go Green again :/ as i will not keep on using the same drivers for ever , Damn it so many bugs :(.

Buggy driver :biggun:

13. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    Bsod

@ASLayerAODsk

Hey dude I had the exact poblem you described, then rebooted removed everything Ati and re-installed again and everything worked great

Superb Driver after intial install failure

14. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    WTF is this about? Just installed the driver and the GPU is in x8 mode now?!

[​IMG]

It's working in 2.0 x16 on 11.2 just fine, why the f... would it switch to x8...
    Check your specs people, someone might be surprised too.

15. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    No problems here.

[​IMG]

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Emmm, don't you think that it could be a hardware problem rather and a software one?

17. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
  18. boyriot

boyriot Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5770 IceQ5
    works fine here :D
    [​IMG]

19. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru