so how does crysis 2 demo run on ati drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by robotman, Mar 1, 2011.

1. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-XuVqWWOuI&feature=player_embedded well at least BF3 seems a PC game, you can see when the player is dragging the team m8 that got shot the WASD keys to move... and not the pad thingy xD

2. rone

rone Member Guru

I hate this bloom effect too. It looks like a dense fog. Can't see any details on hardcore. FPS are high though, even on 1920x1200. Is there any reason for such intense blurring? 11.01a driver is OK, don't know about 11.02.

3. mao5

mao5 Guest

Here is a Crysis 2 Demo config app...

http://rush-zone.com/media/downloads.html?task=view.download&catid=8&cid=9

You can configure the following:

Crouch Toggle
    Zoom / Iron sights toggle
    Mouse Acceleration
    Skip Intro
    Motion Blur
    FOV
    Mouse Sensitivity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to add +r_hdrlevel 3 +r_hdroffset 5.0 with Radeon Pro to get rid off the over HDR with force AFR, but failed

someone could tried the Demo config app, edit the rush-zone.com-runCrysis2Demo.bat.

4. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    I did that 2 and now my game shows some wierd horizontal lines like it did on the leaked, i tried using the AFR profile but even with that its broken... GG it was fine before minus the HDR, now i have HDR and those freakin horizontal scan lines

5. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    I think the crysis 2 demo runs awesome and is damn nice!! THIS is how PC games should perform... you hear that Black OPS and Bulletstorm????:bang::bang::bang:

6. Greleroux

Greleroux Guest

GPU:
    6950CFX@stock+Setsugen2
    I've got no problem with Blackops what so ever !
    Bulletstorm it's a new game give it time until the next update .

7. pistolols

pistolols Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7970 Black Edition
    all the ps3 gamers i know aren't exactly looking for some CoD clone of a game which is what this is, so to be honest i really feel crytek has made a huge mistake with this game. They have alienated their PC base to try to chase a CoD market but the CoD market isn't going to be interested. And honestly, this MP is just straight up boring too.

This game is not going to do well.

8. rone

rone Member Guru

Yep, I think that it looks like CoD too. Crysis 2 ain't gonna win any visual awards on PC like it's predecessor did. Personally I will spend my money on Battlefield 3, because Crysis 2 is just another console port.

9. DEATHxxHIPPIE

DEATHxxHIPPIE Guest

GPU:
    2 5850's
    Been playing the demo, and it has been pretty fun. Wasn't really sure how much I'd like the smaller gameplay since i still enjoy powerstruggle on crysis wars. But looks like i'm going to be hooked on it, but I am a bit disappointed from the dx9 rumors i've been reading in the various forums I frequent.

10. Tzeapa

Tzeapa Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 5750

11. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Strange, I'm getting 40-50 fps with hardcore settings at 1920x1200 in the MP demo, seems about the same as similar nvidia cards to me.

13. mao5

mao5 Guest

still no hotfix for Crysis2 crossfire configuration? WTF!

14. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    This game runs pretty good on my pc. Gamer settings @ 1920x1080 gives solid 60+ fps.
    With a phenomx4 and 6870 even hardcore feels smooth.
    So that's good for overall pc gamers, with newer or older pc's to play this game.
    However, the game itself gets rather boring, sooner then later. Perhaps the maps are too wide giving cloaked players the opportunity to sneak behind you, too many times.
    Looks good though, even at gamer setting.
    Oh, my driver is 10.10 for my system, the other is one from sapphire for the 6870, because at the time of purchase only those would work completely. I believe it was 10.11, can't check now since that pc is in use for online gaming atm.

I do find it loads faster on my win7 x64 machine, the phenom runs XP and is a bit slower in loading times.

15. forlanshair

forlanshair Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5970
    I couldn't even get the game to run. This appears on start up:

[​IMG]

Anyone else having problems getting a 5970 to run the game?

I've googled and it looks like I'm the only 5970 owner having this problem on the entire Internet, so who knows what's going on. I was looking forward to the game, too.

16. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Maybe a driver issue?
    As for this game being a cod clone, that would count for many other games, homefront for instance. Still, I've pre-ordered that game and I'm looking forward to it.
    I also found the spawning system for crysis2 is a bit flawed, many times an opponent spawns behind you.
    However, crysis 2 does give the opportunity to enhance your nano suit, and weapons.
    Particulary the suit is something you wont find in any cod game ;)

17. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Nope, I'm even using Sapphire BIOS.

18. wazups2x

wazups2x Active Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    A bad console port. :bang:

• Crysis 1 used volumetric shaders to create realtime clouds in the atmosphere instead of a skybox. this game appears to replace skyboxes and volumes altogether in lieu for a giant bloom hdr spotlight that fills the entire atmosphere
    • Graphics settings: gamer, advanced, HARD-CORE
      these are the only graphics settings. maybe this is a demo thing but you can’t adjust individual settings at all. I've seen crappy pc ports of japanese games that let you do at least that
    • The game is blurry as hell, felt like i was running on non-native res
    • FOV feels hella low. And guns take up the entire bottom right 1/4 of the screen it seems
    • Aim-Assist automatically on for controllers.
    • Terrible mouse smoothing or something that is causing mouse lag.
    • Only one key to change your weapon. Not possible to bind one for Rifle and one for pistol.
    • Server browser is terrible and filters don't save
    • 32 players for Crysis 1 down to 16 players for Crysis 2
    • Insane bloom to hide the low textures
    • The Graphics are actually worse than Crysis 1
    • No DX11 or even DX10. Crysis 1 even had DX10!
    • "Press Start"...
    • Not possible to change to toggle ADS or hold to crouch.
    • Can't access developer console
    • Downgrade in physics. You can no longer shoot down trees.

RIP Crytek

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  19. elmonen

elmonen Member

GPU:
    Asus RX6600 Dual
    I'm getting about average of 40-50fps with hardcore settings

20. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    i cant play this game... slowdowns everywhere...

@wazups2x u can shoot the trees...