The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by isidore, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    The texture artists really went to work on this one.

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i hope people will support this game, at least as much as the last one..i don't want this developer to be financially obligated to make consoles the primary platform..that's why i pre-ordered the CE..

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Need alot more support than the first game, this one obviously cost alot more to make.

Hoping it will shift 2-3 million at least.

4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yeah you are right, the first one manage over 1 million as far as i remember..i think this will go to 2-3 million..

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Where you hear that, i heard/read it was only 1million.

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    well it was 1 million 1 year or so ago..my guess it's that it has over 1 million by now, i didn't express myself right..:D

7. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Last I read it sold 1.5 million copies.

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    They did well enough to be able to re-release a fully patched up, uncut version of the game for free, with bugs fixed, new content, better graphics, better optimized, and bring it up to the EU release.

For free. I'd say they did well enough.

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    or, they're not greedy bastards like other developers that we know.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well so far this is also looking to be a DX9 only game, with controls designed around the 360 pad, which already has people on forums screaming of cancelled pre-orders.

11. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Why do people keep getting so fussed over what DirectX version a game uses? I find it so unbelievably ignorant.

Just look at the screenshots they have released. How can anyone honestly complain about the graphics? DA2 looks quite dated when compared to Witcher 2 IMO, and it has DX11, so what exactly does that mean to any of these pre order canceling douche hats? People are such pathetic technology sheep.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I agree, people are more concerned with judging things based on numbers, rather than with their eyes.

I'm not saying i wouldn't like DX11 features in every game, i would, even if i would end up having to disable some of them on my system to maintain a decent framerate, but no DX11 game so far has show us anything that great visually anyway.

People will nit-pick till they find something they can use an excuse, and its happening more and more, and its doing alot more harm than good.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    no dx11 card so i could not care less about dx11 unless games are made wholly for dx11 i fail to see how they will look OMFG better than the dx9 version tho tessalation and etc can give games more punch the dif is not night and day. i just luv my paperweight of a dx10 card.

14. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    it looks great, even in dx9 and i love the 360 pad..so no problems here..my pre-order stays.

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Those excuses sound more like pirates reasons. They never said they were bringing any DX11 or w/e .Gamepad support or design is fine because it is like the first one but they dont remember that. They did it right.

so blah blah blah pirates are gonna pirate.

Witcher 2 is going to be RPG of the year for me. I ll buy 2 copies !!

16. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I still can't believe this game is just around the corner. Just a little over 2 months away. And it could end up being one of the best RPG's ever. Although, for me, Planescape Torment and Baldurs Gate are still the best RPG's ever. Not sure anything will ever top those two.

The bar is set just so damn high. We'll have to wait and see...

17. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    This is PC only ...

They started saying they will go Multiplatform, but dropped it again because they wanted to make a high quality game for PC ... :0)

Maybe it will go multiplatform later, but as of now its PC only ...

DX 9 or DX 11 doesnt matter as long as the game is good AND it looks stunning in DX 9 ... :0)

People need to stop the constant complaining ...

18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Only reason I complain bout Crysis 2 is it was a promised feature.

The Witcher 2 & CD Projeckt never promised DX10, or DX11, so I don't care. The problem is broken promises have become "the norm" among developers these days.

They used to care so much.

19. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    New video shows again minigames at Vergen's tawern. Btw you can hear some new voices.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Never said i was complaining about it.
    I've still got this pre-ordered even though im not sure how much i will actually play it, was talking about others who were picking reasons like no DX11, having controller support, the ponytail moves too much, the combat looks too hack n slash as reasons to cancel or pirate the game.

Just sick of seeing it for every game, im sure people just look for reasons to complain.

As for the Crysis2 thing, tbh i don't think Crytek are to blame as such, im thinking its more Nvidia who are probably trying to make sure the GTX590 easily beats the 6990, i'm still getting the game, but i have no intention of playing it till its patched, as i never have, or ever will play through a game twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.