Nvidia Geforce Gts450 problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by kk136, Feb 27, 2011.

1. kk136

kk136 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gts 450
    While Playing many games I am getting these type of problems.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It gets worse games such as Bulletstorm.
    Please Help.

System Info.:
    Core 2 Quad Q6600
    2Gb Ram
    Nvidia Gts 450
    Windows 7 X86
    I have latest drivers installed.
    Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster 713N

2. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    If it is a factory overclocked card, try lowering the GPU frequency to reference clocks (783/1566MHz).

If that doesn't work it means that the GPU is faulty.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    What are your temps like?

4. kk136

kk136 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gts 450
    It does not help

5. kk136

kk136 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gts 450
    38 C with no game running while around 48 to 55 with game

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, what exactly is wrong in those images?

7. kk136

kk136 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gts 450
    The long and the bold white lines

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Since you said drivers are up to date, temps are fine and it's happening in a number of games only thing I could think off is an issue with the vram. You should also check if the monitor is pluged in firmly on both ends. Other than that, it might be a faulty card after all.

9. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    It looks like a vram problem but it could be also driver related, does this happen with every driver ? on every game and every load state ? (you mentioned Bulletstorm already still that doesn't mean its a Hardware fault, though obviously it makes it more likely same as for the Pre overclocked factor ;) ) in every directx, opengl version ?
    Like the other guy said underclock/volt the vram first that could make it clearer unless the ram is already damaged permanently then it would be also no real easy way of confirming a vram Hardware fault, except testing in a complete different Machine with a clear OS and WHQL driver, or if you want to be really sure in a bunch of different configured systems ;) .

For example as funny as it sounds (though in IT nothing is impossible) but did you recently updated to SP1 for Win7 and was this already visible before the update ?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  10. ronclon

ronclon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS 450 1GB
    You might check your windows event logs to see if you have had a Display driver stopped working and has recovered message.

I have a gts 450 and when I have had that error I get all kinds of problems in games. The only thing that helps is to turn off the system (not a restart but power off) then turn it back on. This has happened with every driver except the one that came on the driver disk with the card.
    It might not happen for a week and then suddenly it starts again.
    So far since I updated my motherboard bios and installed windows 7 service pack 1 it hasn't happened again. But who knows.
    Like you my temps are fine.

11. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    interesting :)

Though the thread starter only reported about this specific artifact in games but you are saying Quote:"I get all kinds of problems in games"
    which could indicate its either not the same problem or another heavier stage :D
    Quote:"The only thing that helps is to turn off the system (not a restart but power off) then turn it back on."
    Could indicate a Thermal problem (so Hardware related) and in combination with Quote:"This has happened with every driver except the one that came on the driver disk with the card." Could be a indication that the Default Driver isn't stressing some component as hard as the new Driver (also possible over a longer runtime) :)
    Quote:"So far since I updated my motherboard bios and installed windows 7 service pack 1 it hasn't happened again." Makes it a Software Interoperability problem again, or the new Driver stress on the Hardware component got lower (efficiency of the Driver lowered again due to the OS update) :)
    Quote:"Like you my temps are fine." doesn't say much @ all as pre overclocked components could crack out even under a slightly small temperature increase (caused for example due to the new driver stressing that component more then what was tested @ the manufacture, that stability should be tested of course before with maximum load possible @ the manufacture of the Hardware with a calculated safe zone driver improvements can never reach, but how to predict that if the new driver doesn't exist yet ;) ).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  12. ronclon

ronclon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS 450 1GB
    "Could be a indication that the Default Driver isn't stressing some component as hard as the new Driver (also possible over a longer runtime)"

Well there is one thing that suggests this theory may have merit. With the default (259.22) drivers the Windows experience is 7.1 for the graphics card and with any newer driver it is at 7.2.

13. kk136

kk136 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gts 450
    Can it be possible that using a VGA to DVI converter causes this problem.

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    could be..

so did you try with only DVI?

15. kk136

kk136 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gts 450
    Yes it did not help.
    Can it be with monitor i have samsung Syncmaster 713N

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Check if the card is pressed firmly in the pcie slot. My best bet is still on the vram though.