AMD Catalyst 11.2 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HaZe303, Feb 15, 2011.

1. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
  2. MJay27

MJay27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5
    This is not the problem. Windows stops to respond on both Monitors. I must reset the pc and uninstall the drivers in safe mode. The Screen is black but the Monitor LED stays green.

It is this problem:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=147040&enterthread=y

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  3. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    lol @people being agp-rolled by Rich_Guy... =b

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    99% GPU Hotfix pls, begging for it for like 5 months now.

5. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    new drivers seem to lock up and stop working forcing the card to restart, anyone else having this issue? I literally get a alert from windows saying the drivers stopped working.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Happend to me aswell with this driver at some point. I went back to 10.10e VonModded.

7. dirtman

dirtman Master Guru

GPU:
    99% GPU Hotfix pls, begging for it for like 5 months now.

Yes i just got hit by this yesterday when shutting down BC 2,was doing great till then, also i noticed i also getting stuck in a loop while trying to shut down the pc, not sure if it something related with the drivers or something else

8. Dusty_M

Dusty_M Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 7950 IceQ X²
    I have it for the first time now. Though when I open my CCC the tacts jump to 300/1100. Dunno why my memory keeps being fully clocked. Since I have a reinstall of Win7 planned for next week, I can't be bothered to reinstall drivers though.

9. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    disabling pointer shadows does the trick...no more mouse pointer lag...

10. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Only on Desktop.
    When in-game the mouse lag persists, especially with in-game cursors.

11. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    For the 99% activity: the problem have appear for some after updated the flash player with the last version released some days before driver 10.2.

At same time there's 3 updated versions of different software who have been released: VLC, MPC, Adobe reader ( + other ) who are using hardware acceleration.

It's fixed for me now, and im not sure if it's or not cause adobe have release a update after this .. cause no i can't reproduce the problem anymore.

- Try disable hardware accelaration in your Internet Browser ( IE9 for example, chrome etc )
    - Try disable DXVA for Flash Player ( video )
    - Try disable hardware acceleration for Adobe PDF reader and other PDF creator
    - Try disable hardware acceleration on VLC, MPC etc...

In reality disable all hardware acceleration who are used on other software of games etc ( or 3Dmode or standard video acceleration ).

Then if the problem is fixed, try reenable the acceleration and watch what software give you this trouble. Check if you use too the last version of thoses softwares cause it's possible they have fix it on last version

12. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    seems ATI/AMD are adding things to CCC that don't work like the ability to disable CrosfireX power saving feature see pics bellow

[​IMG]

but it still turns the GPU off :bang:

[​IMG]

which is sh!t because it causes problems having the second gpu turning off like that:biggun:

13. intes77

intes77 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor HD6950 PCS+
    im currently using HD6950 right now.

will this driver fix my "in game upper right corner mouse scroll lag problem"?

way back when im using NVIDIA 9800GT i never experience this, a big big failure :bang:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  14. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    I found another temporary fix for the 99% GPU usage. I now didn't overclock both cards for 4 days and I haven't had an issue with 99% GPU what so ever.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Been running stock all the time and got the issue since 10.11 so i don't think OCing causes it.

I asked around on the Bit-Tech forums about this issue seeing people flash VBios and say their issue is fixed. On Bit-Tech they can confirm it has NOTHING to do with VBios and it's a plain Driver issue.

So there is two solutions here, go back to a driver that doesn't have the problem or crush ur AMD Card in a dumpster truck and buy nVidia.

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    just out of curiosity, are you guys (that have the 99% gpu usage) by any chance using as a web browser Firefox 4 beta? (that's gpu accelerated?)..i had the same issue as you guys when i was using that browser, after i was exiting the browser my gpu would remain at 99% usage until i restarted the pc..

i stopped using that browser and the problem disappeared.

17. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    It's completely linked with the hardware (GPU) acceleration used on different software.. i can't anymore reproduce it, so i can't say from what software exactly this is coming.

But for most part when i had experience it, it was Only after browse internet.
    I see only Internet browser acceleration, DIVX accelerated or Flash or DXVA for movies ( VLC etc ) who can be the cause. as i use offtly thoses.

Ofc the driver is in cause too. But not only ( im nearly 99% sure it's due of the last Adobe flash player update in my case )

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  18. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
  19. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    Lets prove it, I'm now going to go back to my overclock that I always have and will report back later. Or maybe for me it's a unique print if it's related to oc

20. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    I never encountered this issue with 5870, 6950 and 6970, all of them overclocked past 1Ghz core 24/7, so I don't think it's related to overclock at all.