Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    And?

My hate is justified, calling themselves that. Not when they were that studio, or the one they are now, have they been known for Multiplayer excellence.

2. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    really ass? from saying this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davetheshrew
    nobody is pirating this, a crytek or EA employee 'gifted' it to the world.

I didnt leak it, a crytek or EA employee did, and I stand by what I said, it was gifted, given, handed over, not officialy but still. Nobody has had to jump through hoops to get this and I dont see anyone trying to stop it, hell cevat knows this wont damage a thing, he's allready said hes still supporting pc, I pre ordered this for £24.99, I used a happy birthday £10 code on EADM because of this, thousands more will as well so yeah a 'gift' is what this is. Nothing dodgy or deranged about it.

3. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Why do you care what they say about their multiplayer excellence?

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Because I hate false advertisement, as alot of people fall for it. It takes away from the real multiplayer excellence developers.

5. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
  6. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    because of the false advertisement he probably wont buy the game.

7. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Looking forward to that average 60fps goodness

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Weird how Low looks the best in that .gif

=/

9. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Exacly.

Thats because glow is removed - there is some command for that tho

10. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    There's two I know of

r_hdrbrightoffset 15

r_glow 0 (this one will make certain lamps disappear)

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Glad to see the game still looks great even on low, where as Crysis on low made FarCry on medium look great. ;)
    Metro 2033 looked fantastic on low, and it's nice to see that Crysis 2 is in a similar boat. So, no matter what settings you still get a fantastic looking game.

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i wasnt paying the rip off 50euro steam price for this in ireland, so had a mate in the uk gift it to me and i paypal'd him, worked out a lot cheaper, sweet.

13. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Wow, looks best in low again, that is so weird...must be because of the leak.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The water is about the only thing that ruins Low in that last image. Other then the water, even on Low it still looks great. Not Crysis level of graphical splendor, but still... very nice.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Wouldn't say Low looks the best on any of the pics, looks too dark in every example, and the water is poor looking.

Still..not a huge difference between them, though we need higher res images.

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    the water looks crap on medium and high, medium looks angular and high is all angular.

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I tested it out myself on Advanced setting and I was shocked at how good the game still looked. Shadows were still present and textures were still sharp. If someone didn't tell me, I would have been fine with that setting.
    On high, I'm floating around the high 40-50's, but on Medium it is stuck at 60. I will probably end up using that setting for multiplayer.

19. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Alot of the scenery gets bigger on the higher settings, like the rocks in the one a few up, and the bin bags.

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    What are you on about? The low quality water looks photo-realistic. That's what I mean by "best".

Anyways, the more I read about CryTek, the less I like them. They claim their game offers what none other can...while already plenty of games have their game style. They pick on Epic(Unreal Tournament guys) and tell them that their Engine sucks(UT3), and that CryEngine 3 is the most advanced Engine ever made.

Then they say it will be the most complete game ever made, lol, riight. I dunno, I like humble developers alot. Like Valve, or Indie devs like Frictional Games, you know, they say that they hope people will enjoy their game, that they enjoy it, and it's their vision ect.

These days a game seems to be 50% making it, 50% marketing & hyping it up. It used to be 80% making it, and 20% marketing + hype. Sad to see it going the other way.

Also, I can't believe they claim "no other multiplayer game allows you to climb, jump, slide in it's Multiplayer portion"

Lol, there's SO MANY. F.E.A.R is one obvious example, there's also AA3, S4 League, ect, to many to name.

Not justifying it as a reason for pirating, just saying I absolutely despise the way the game industry has turned into hype and slamming other developers. Like, Duty Calls was fun and all, but I'm getting sick of Developers acting like rival football teams or something.

Seems Indie devs are going to be to replace them as makers of the great games. Way to much politics in these big studios these days.

Ok, it may jus be a leak, but having played about an hour of the Singleplayer or so, I can honestly say they're really not that good. I can unlock in front of their faces and just stand around and they don't fire sometimes. I can shoot another guy in the face, and cloak in front of the other one and he just looks around.

Naming a game with better AI? I'd say the original F.E.A.R, but then again that was in much smaller environments. Far Cry also had better AI, which ironically enough is an earlier game of CryTeks.

I'm weird like that, but I'm the type that hates when I see reviews for movies that are only good and not the bad on TV. I realize that's not ideal in marketing or anything, but I respect honesty from developers alot more.

I hate seeing "The best ever" on anything, really.

Maybe the AI will be better in the full version, who knows. I also don't consider aimbot = Great AI. Great AI to me is one that freaks out maybe when you suddenly uncloak, or goes for cover, throws grenades, fires in short bursts(all enemies so far go fully automatic until they run out or you go out of their view, no matter the distance)

Jus like, they set up all this and then people find out the truth, it's like a kick to the nuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.