AMD Catalyst 11.2 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HaZe303, Feb 15, 2011.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    ...can I troll you for asking that?

Well, joking aside, no, it's not out yet.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Take note, the 100% GPU idle bug is reported with more than 1 GPU installed.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  3. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    hehe i will start to go to nvidia driver section, just to troll too* *-*

PLZ AMD I WANT A DRIVER THAT BLOWWW MY CARD! :banana: :stewpid:

anyway this driver is good for me :D ( the mouse trick worked for me )

4. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Indeed. Happened to me on the 10.12 drivers, but 11.2 it's fixed at least.

5. richymun4

richymun4 New Member

GPU:
    xfx 5970
    Turning acceleration of in firefox dont worki have tried it but still get the 100% idle bug rolled back to 10.10

6. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    or that god awful crapware nvidia pays devs to put in their games (aka physucks) and has to be installed on my 100% nvidia free pc.......

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    While typing this one of my GPU's is stuck at 99% Load after playing WoW for while.

Ive tried pretty much everything but Flashing my Bios wich seems all pretty vague to me, as i have no clue where to start or where to DL the latest ones and even to figure out if i have the latest ones.

So incase anyone knows about the current latest Sapphire HD5970 (Non Toxic or OC) Bios version let me know here.

My current Bios is 012.020.000.028. Date 2010/05/19.

8. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

I have some prblms ATI Tray icon not loading sometimes, if it's not loaded mom.exe service is not started why, Mostly i will logoff and then login to display ATI Tray icon, Does anybody having the same problem.... i'm on Windows 7x64.

9. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    A temp fix is to go back to the last best stable driver for you, for me is the 10.10e. No more 99% gpu usage, and I doubt it has any thing to do with the bios mate.

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I made a ticket at Sapphire for my card, will see what they have to say.

If it can't be solved by anything but going back to a stoneage driver i'm selling my card asap for something green.

11. tamalero

tamalero Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB
    incorrect, I'm on single gpu and I still got the bug.. I've seen people here with single gpus havingt the same issue as well.

and I got the newest sapphire BIOS, so its not the bios.. it the DRIVER..
    whatever they added in the 8.X versions(since 10.12)
    its affecting certain cards.

12. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    Sapphire can't do anything, they don't make the card or drivers, it's AMD. Just wait for 11.3 or 11.2 hotfix that address the issue. Or if you don't want to wait just get a 580 fermi from the Green people.

13. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125

ugh I wouldn't go that far, there's some stupid myth that nvidia makes good drivers....they don't.
    they have to code drivers, cuda, physucks (and make sure it doesn't run too good on our cpu's or their old or low end cards) not to mention it has to play nice with windows, and a few million pc configs.....LOL

they would go broke doing monthly driver updates.

last night I tried updating to 11.2, I've been stuck with 10.10's for too long. (flickering bug)

this time I uninstalled every single ATI app on my pc (normally I just do the remove all ATI software through the drivers)

then installed 11.2's they are working perfect, no bugs of any kind and picked up performance in every game I own.

I now feel like an idiot, because I know better.:bang:

14. TARNY

TARNY Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    I used to have An ati5870 last month and was sick of the crap drivers. I've since gone and bought a GTX 460 Ti and I'm impressed with the drivers. No issues what so ever. Thats very good in my book. I've been looking and waiting for the new ati drivers out to see if any thing had been fixed.still the same old problems. lol glad i moved,now i can get on with some decent gamage /beer and my woman.

15. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125

I had some issues like that with Asus xonar audio center (in vista 32 though)
    eventually I reformatted my pc and it started working again.

that's the only fix I know of sorry..

@RoadKillNL
    here's all of the sapphire bios's for the 5970, I'd seriously go through your pc and clean out all old software (especially apple/quicktime) and any extras like opencl and gigabyte monitoring software.
    at least try that first, in my case it had nothing to do with the actual drivers or card

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...r=Sapphire&model=HD+5970&interface=&memSize=0

16. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2

Too bad you had to down grade hardware so much just to get drunk and get a piece.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Same bios version as me then, dunno what to do then ill just stick with 10.10e and go nVidia on my next upgrade, problem solved aswell then. Don't have any quicktime crap installed and such, infact my PC is very clean.

I knew ATI sucked, i had been warned by friends.

18. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Just opinions man, never had a serious problem with both nvidia or ati.

Though i must say, the new drivers didnt change much, but anyways, its good to be up to date.

19. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    My impressions:

Stability: 10/10 very stable. Never had stability problems with this card or previous ATI card.
    Image Quality: 9.5/10 all games look like they should. Catalyst AI have less aggression optimization.
    Performance: 9/10 performance is improved from 11.1. Old problem with vsync input lag is still here but it might be or might not be driver related.

Other notes: no more AA support in NFS Hot Pursuit. But the game itself runs better and has less stuttering then before.
    Card idles at 300/300 when before it was 100 gpu / 300 mem. Idle watt usage seems to be the same though I am not entirely sure, maybe 1-2 watts more.

Verdict: good drivers that will stay installed.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    For people with the 100% GPU usage. An easy way to stop it when happens is, go to device manager, disable the GPU and renable it. So you don't have to restart.
    I've been using it for 2 days and works great. At least it's a workaround for the moment.