AMD Catalyst 11.2 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HaZe303, Feb 15, 2011.

1. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    :( I lost CCC

I tried wiped out all drivers, safe mode, etc. and now I can't get CCC to work :(

I even tried to install older drivers.

Driver installer seems running fine. No errors but it will just not install CCC. Won't even ask for reboot.

XP-32bit HD3450 Mobil

2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Something went -whoosh- up there but I can't exactly point what that is... =b

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Thats not narrow minded. Thats a fact.

What do you bealive ? That most people have problems with this new drivers ?
    Because you are reading thread about the problem - thats narrow minded.

If you look at whole spectrum , most people doesnt have any problem with the driver.

That doesnt change the fact that problem exists - actually it tells us that AMD is not putting enough man power to do proper driver testing ,- thus releasing driver that doesnt work on small percentage of machines NOT majority of machines.

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And if you also look at the whole spectrum, people with problems don't just post on this forum.
    Also, people with problems might've never known these kind of forums existed, and just went bothering the nearest computer repair shop instead.

Exactly, and also doesn't mean when a bug's showing up then it's always the user's fault.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011

5. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    No problems here with 11.1a hotfix and now 11.2,running nice and peachy.. especially since i reinstalled Win 7 on my new SSD :D

Also CCC2 isnt the last thing to load up anymore,MSI Afterburner wants to be last now :p

6. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6700XT
    untill they fix it, you can do this: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=145836&enterthread=y
    turn off mouse pointer shadow.

I have never used shadow under mouse, looks stupid imo :p. When i enabled it for myself, i got the same lag as u do on top right corner. So people who say that they HAVE and people who say DONT have the lag, just have that option enabled or disabled.

7. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Thank you! :)

8. lito88

lito88 Member

Same issue as well with occt.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i believe that anyone can have problems with any driver they install. it doesnt have to be user error all the time. thats all. its not a case all or nothing.

just because you dont have problems with your card, doesnt mean that people with other hardware shouldnt have problems at all.

if someone says its a user error, im sure they know how to correct it , or else how woudl they know its a user error to start with ?

there are people here moaning about user errors, noob etc, without giving any help at all. thats all im saying. it doesnt hurt to help people out.

but are you saying if you dont have a problem with your card, people with 5xxx and 4xxx for instance shouldnt have them either , and its a user error ?

10. phobus666

phobus666 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ SM P2450h
    When I play BC2 my GPU is used from 85 - 99 % never 100%.

Is it issue ? Should that be on 100% all they time with right drivers ?

I use 10.10e.

11. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    No anti-aliasing with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 :bang:
    Why AMD revert/remove fix for games on drivers!?
    I've read that on 10.10e AA can works on NFS.
    Very annoying.

12. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    No problem here.
    1680x1050, Catalyst 11.02, Windows 7 x64, mouse software Intellipoint + Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

No issues here.

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What he meant was the bug that gets your GPU being used 100% when not or after playing any games.

15. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    A few questions: :)

1) Has this problem been fixed with 11.2?

2) Is this a Crossfire issue only?

3) Does this affect the 6870?

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Before I answer those, I just want to let you know that I've never had the 100% GPU idle bug; what I know is only from what I've read on this forum and elsewhere.
    Other users with personal experiences on this bug might be able to answer your questions better.

Some users posted that 11.2 fixed theirs; you might want to read the posts before yours.

Nope; some single-card users have reported of having it also.

It might be, it might be not.
    The only thing to know for sure is to use a monitoring program for your GPU when you're not gaming.

17. raz0r-s3k

raz0r-s3k Member

GPU:
    5870 Vapor-X
    nah doesnt really fix anything (guess some just get lucky), had it off already and re-enabling/disabling it doesnt help, its something else

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I bet the issue is some sort of program hooking into AMD's powerplay causing the 100% GPU load. One example already discovered is FF new beta in which has the GPU acceleration option enabled. Some of you that don't have the issue would be surprised how many programs people have running on their PC. But it's not the quantity of start programs that is causing the problem. It's simply that much more cumbersome to diagnose if one of them is the problem. In any case I've read that AMD is looking into it.

19. McBacker

McBacker Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 SLI
    Want to keep updated! :)

20. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    On my 5970 both gpus only go to about 85% max on BC2, so i guess its driver or game related.