RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Hmm, is it possible to add icons to RP?

I'd like to be able to drag a profile out onto the desktop as an icon where it can be started while still using RP.

2. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    MerolaC, do you have Fallout 3 installed? That game should make any differences in AA much more noticeable.

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Unfortunately, i don't.
    I don't even know where the DVD is.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Why on earth do you want that?

5. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Does he mean have a shortcut tied to RP so it'll launch RP if it's not running, and then launch the game with RP's settings?

ATI Tray Tools does this automatically for you, but you can manually do this as well with RP and it's not that hard.

However, he may be saying something completely different.

6. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Its been told everytime someone spoke about EQAA mode.

EQAA does not WORK ON any ATI/AMD cards except AMD 6950 or AMD 6970.

And I can confirm that it works on my 6950 cards, bcs I can see the difference in rendering on certain games..with and without EQAA at 4xAA.

Note: I noticed something, 8xEQAA with Edge Detect causes certain errors in Rendering with few games.

7. LostHH

LostHH Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD6950
    Just some quick and rather simple questions I'm sure you've all heard a hundred times already.

How stable is RadeonPro? And will it work with the latest drivers?
    I'm on 10.12 still but with the 11.2's enabling MLAA for the 5xxx series I'm going to install those tonight.
    Basically I have a vague idea of how this program works but am a bit unsure as to how effective it is and whether it'll corrupt various files/leave me troubleshooting rather than playing games.

Thanks in advance

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    11.1a lets you use EQAA and CFAA also but it blurs the screen. If you turn off CF or ED, and just use EQAA only, it looks so much better. Better than MLAA. I would just turn off ED/CF if you have a 6900 series.

Related, can someone list what the ENHANCE options do and the various levels? Does it allow CFAA or EQAA for games that does not like forcing AA?

9. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    @japamd
    When a profile is loaded i get a sound notification adn if not then an X showing that it does not load?

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    @MerolaC: hmm, maybe a benchmark would tell better if there's something different because EQAA has a performance hit of 10~15%.

@Scyphe: you can use the normal shortcut (in games explorer, for example) to start your games, the profiles will be applied either you start the game from RP or not.

@Valken: the Enhance option will use the in-game AA and apply EQAA to it. For example, if you have AA 4x set in your game and have Enhance option selected on CCC/RP, it will be 4xEQAA effectively.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The X overlay in RP taskbar indicates that a profile is currently loaded and no other profiles will be applied until the game that triggered the current profile is finished.

12. Altra001

Altra001 Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD7990
    Hello JAPAMD

Couple of questions regarding your new version of RadeonPro

Dead Space 2 with Forced vSync causes stutters.
    Previously it did not. Any Ideas?

Not all my steam games are showing up under Add Steam Game. Any Ideas?

Cheers and keep up the good work.
    Regards
    Altra001

13. vtshai

vtshai Guest

GPU:
    hd5570
    hi japamd thank for the great radeonpro
    just wanna let u know the new driver 11.2 on my hd5570 i can set the aa to 24xeq in the ccc but in radeonpro can only st it to 24x.i dun play much game only street fighter n just bought bioshock 2 from 2bay which i use different setting . i use my comp mainly for powerdvd 10. coz for dvd the quality of pic is better in 24xeq than 24 x .so i cant profile it in radeonpro have it use ccc setting . my tv is 1080i lcd. i set it to 1080i 30hz.

14. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    Ok thank you very much!

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    TY! That is what I was looking for!

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Do you have CrossfireX bar enabled? Disable it if you want to use forced vsync. Previous versions did enforced vsync off when the CrossfireX was enabled to avoid stuttering.

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to pull all games from Steam, the way steam's games data is organized is kinda... disorganized :p

AFAIK, EQAA doesn't work with HD 5000 series cards, if you're seeing EQAA then probably it's due to some leftover of other modded drivers or manual registry editing...

You're welcome :)

17. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Hi japamd,

I have request for your ultra super tool!, if not already asked.

Would it be viable to include small picture captions (something like 32x32 pixels) next to the options, to showcase the changes with commonly used visual options :-

1. AA level.
    2. AA filter effect.
    3. MLAA.
    4. AA modes (MSAA, AMSAA & SSAA).
    5. AF stages.
    6. Texture Filtering.
    7. Mip Maping.
    8. Texture LOD (screen shots are few major break points).

If it pictures take more space with the installer, would it be viable to include a few object in D3D/OpenGL mode in a small window which would appear upon pressing a preview button!! to showcase the changes in Radeon Pro itself.

-Edit-

Generally to help people, with a preview..instead of actually starting real
    heavy D3D/OpenGL titles to check the changes.

:supercool

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Actually, I think RadeonPro is what enables the EQAA settings (no matter if they work or not) on 5xxx cards in CCC2. At least that's what did it with 11.1a drivers for me (clean install of the drivers after the OS installation didn't have the options, installing and running RadeonPro for the first time and allowing it to unlock settings after the prompt) enabled the EQAA settings in CCC.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    shouldnt radeonpro ask you to enable it ?

20. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    radeon pro has a serious bug..i once disabled crossfire for one game...and it never came back neither from ccc2 nor radeonpro...it was enabled...but no game utilize 2 cores anymore...fail... i tried rebooting and reinstalling app profiles...nothing...

i forced to clean up registry and install radeon pro and driver from the beginning again...so much trouble for nothing...check it out...something is wrong...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.