Crysis 2 Beta Working Sli Profile

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RiC@RdOC, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    No, because publishers like EA already hate us now they all the ammo they need to....:biggun:.

And compare console piracy to PC , its like 5(PC)-1(Console)

2. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    ...and other numbers pulled out someone's ass.

3. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Are you trying to say Console piracry is the same or higher then PC?
    Get a clue jackass

oh and http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1142183p1.html compairing game for game over 4-1 :stewpid:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It doesn't matter if console piracy is higher, or PC piracy is higher, its an irrelevant argument.

Console piracy is tolerated by publishers more because console sales are much higher, even though Crysis was a PC exclusive, its still likely to sell more on the PS3/360 individually.

Its a sad fact these days, but unless the game has a huge MP following, then many PC gamers just won't bother, and this will probably sell no better than the first game.

EDIT: Console piracy is less of an issue for publishers in the same way that Black Ops piracy is an issue for Activision, im sure they would of loved to avoided it but Black Ops just on Steam brought in $100million in revenue just in 2010, and the next COD will probably do even more.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

5. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Crysis 1 sold close to 3 Million units(dont know if that includes Digital Downloads) Very good for a game that could not run on most Gaming PC's at the time.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It took it until 2010 to sell 3million though, think the first year was only about 1million copies.

Most of the recent copies sold have been through the game being offered cheap, and people now having hardware to get decent performance from it.

Crysis 2 has to sell well from the start to play down the piracy talk.

7. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It's possible that I am a jackass, but at least I have basic reading/writing skills and do not need to resort to a lame emoticon to prove a point that is misguided at best.

I didn't say anything about whether pc games were pirated more than consoles. I know they are, but many of the numbers thrown around about piracy and how they affect sales wildly vary and in the case of the bigger companies, seem to have a negligible affect on their profits, which are soaring.

Same goes for movies and music. A business is obviously not going to stand by and say nothing about having their property stolen, but I feel little sympathy for them when they are raking in millions of dollars and selling millions of copies.

I do, however, feel badly for the people who worked hard on the game (who likely see next to none of the profits) and the indie developers selling games for $10 or so, yet still have their game pirated.

8. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I thinks only fair that pc gamers get to have a wee taste of crysis 2 after EA shafted them by only Releasing the demo on xbox360. The beta only has dx9 too. Whether the finished version will have dx10 or dX11 is left to be shown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.