Dragon Age 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Dilopho

Dilopho Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 640MB
    Do you still have the code? I would like to have it.

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Dragon Age 2 will support DX11 and PC exclusive features
    http://translate.google.de/translat...euchtung-und-mehr/Rollenspiel-Adventure/News/

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    It's about freaking time that Bioware started using the latest 3D tech rather than choosing the path of laziness and sticking to DX9.

I wonder if the Witcher 2 prompted them to support DX11? CDProjekt Red places a much greater emphasis on eye candy, and as a result the Witcher 2 looks phenomenal!

Dragon Age Origins on the other hand was widely criticized for looking like utter crap; especially on the consoles..

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i dunno i feel this isint going to be a patch on DA1 which is my fav RPG of the past 5 years. Also i hate DRM and that just sounds like junk

6. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  7. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Agree 100%, I was so glad dragon age wasn't gonna have some morality stat bar thing, there would just consequences to your actions, I thought that was exactly what a choice-based system should be. I will say the good/bad system actually worked alright in mass effect anyway, but like you say they should remain different in that respect.

And yea no ff toggle is just annoying, I'll probably play it on the highest difficulty anyway but it's lame you have to.

And not to beat a dead horse but this drm is indeed stupid, I genuinely don't understand why it's still being used like this. I have to this day never found a singleplayer game that didn't have a cracked version easily available, and they usually download and set up faster and easier than legit versions.

The day drm prevents someone from pirating a game, I'll understand using it, but as it is it really just pisses customers off.

8. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    when i come to think of it, if DA2 was released as the the first game i really wouldnt mind it. but when i see features lost in a SEQUEL i just see myself playing as a human warrior, decimating npcs with two skills and no controllable party members in DA3, you know cuz its less complicated :D

9. Woodles

Woodles Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX OC GTX 970 4GB
    Giant Bomb Quick Look

A nice short 10 min video of some game play, tech trees, and the new dialog system. This is the first time I saw how really different the game will be, and I'm not sure what I think of the "streamlining". Currently playing through awakenings so when the new one comes out it might be quite jarring.

10. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    That video is from the 360 version of the game. It's looking like the PC version will be far better looking. (Finally, some serious tessellation!)

11. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    it would be nice if they provided screens showing off the DX11 features

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    They probably aren't going to do that until the game actually ships. No sense in fanning the flames of the system wars. Even the demo won't have DX 11 enabled.

13. kid-goku

kid-goku Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 980 Ti
    I hope the DX11 features in DA II finally make me buy a new card :D

BTW, are we getting a demo anytime soon?

14. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Hmmmm didn't know DA2 was going to support DX11 and tessellation. I was considering not to buy the game as I thought they totally consolize the game but they seem to put a lot off effort in PC version.

15. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    would like to see their new engine too.
    should not be a simple console port.
    it will have deferred rendering, and as they say about DX11 support we will have prober AA with that deferred lightning + tessellation. I hope there won't be low rez textures :)

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    PC Gamer gave it 94% and said it has the best combat in any rpg ever.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This isnt a surprise, didnt you play the first DA?
    Same situation, it supports latest DX (while being developed) and the PC version looks good.

18. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    New PCgamer UK arrived today and they scored DAII 94% saying it's better than DAO in every aspect with it having the best combat of any RPG.

19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Glad to hear the combat system is better, and so happy they are using dx11..can't wait.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Dragon Age: Origins was DX9 only so it's a pleasant surprise to hear that the sequel will support DX11 and tessellation. That's not something I was expecting from an RPG to be honest. I'd have still enjoyed the game regardless but it is nice to know that the PC version isn't an afterthought as so many multiformat games seem to be these days. Thankfully BioWare are one of the more committed developers.