266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    That's right. With the update it runs incredibly smooth here. It used to stutter like hell and now it's butter smooth. Nice game, btw.

2. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i already did patch 1.1 is the last i know and does exactly the same...

3. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
  4. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Seriously, this drivers are so boringly good that have made forget about any future driver release. :rolleyes:

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    idk is that sarcasm or not,.. anyway i think they're not so good, well apart from Dirt2 fix nothing special, and L4d2 still micro stutters time to time, its not here with 263.09 or 263.15.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Drivers are working wonders here too, not a single problem.:)

7. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Had drop in frames and a few lockups on these ones with both 32 and 64 bit (did a re-install). Gone back to 260.99 for now, this is the first set i've had trouble with in ages.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, same here, nothing feels noticeably better, but nothing is worse either, but i always tend to have minimal changes in games going from driver to driver anyway.

Works well on the HTPC side of things too.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'd say these drivers are excellent myself the only issue I've came across with them was the ambient occlusion bug in DX10/11 games and that was fixed in the 266.66 drivers which I'm currently using with a modified INF. I couldn't be happier! :D

10. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    No, it's not sarcasm. Must be that I used the wrong smiley. So that's what *rolleyes* is for? sarcasm? :)

11. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Alright i have been using the 265.90's for a long time now, great drivers. I just tested out 3D06 and scored a 9832 with my Setup / Intel Celeron E3300 2.5, 9800GT , Windows XP SP3. Now with the 266.58 drivers, my score increase to 9848.
    So that is pretty good, i haven't tested any games, but i am about too soon.

12. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    3DMark06 is not a good program to know if this driver let games run faster on
    you GFX Card.

Best is to do a Game benchmark in a game, and or use Fraps with your old
    driver and then with your new driver, then you know for real if this driver works
    better/faster.

13. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    yea i tested out a few games, L4D2 max at 1280x1024, bloodstone max about the same really as the quadros, only a little bit smoother. Bloodstone stays between 50-60 all the time. So these drivers are a bit faster and smoother over the 265.90's.. I haven't played GTA IV, but i will soon.

14. pasanen

pasanen Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 980
    Ok, after having gone back to 260.99, and now reinstalling 266.58, I can definitely say that on my system (Win7 x64), the dwm.exe (both working set and private working set) inflates quickly to reserve more ram than explorer.exe itself. This has never been the case before on any previous driver sets.

I find it interesting, that this family of drivers would effect a system process this drastically, and yet I find it even more interesting that nobody else would have made this remark. If it indeed is my system only, I wonder what causes it...

Any ideas?

15. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    No problem here, dwm.exe only uses 24.352k about 24MB of my memory, so
    thats no problem.

Explorer uses more, 27.158k about 27MB, also no problem.

16. krazyq

krazyq Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Since i installed these drivers
    i can't run any futurmark software
    i get this error
    "System Info Error"

am i the first?

17. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
  18. pasanen

pasanen Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 980
    This is with some 8h of uptime. During which I've played a little BC2 and browsed the web. I cannot recall the last time I've seen dwm.exe taking more ram than explorer.

[​IMG]

And while I'm certainly not running out of ram, this behavior puzzles me.

19. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Wow what are you doing in Opera, 300MB is a lot for a browser, are you using a
    lot of tabblads, and looking at a lot of flash?

20. pasanen

pasanen Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 980
    300mb is nothing. Opera takes 150mb on my system just when I fire it up. I have the memory cache set on auto. 300mb is with no more than couple of tabs. Real browsing sessions with dozens of tabs, lots of flash and JS can easily reach 1gb. But opera's not the issue here. It's the fact, that on my system, these drivers somehow seem to inflate the dwm.exe beyond what I've usually seen.

And while it's not a problem per say; it's not like I'm running out of ram here, I'm curious why this occurs with this particular driver set. Also, I reboot my system maybe once a month, so seeing explorer.exe reach 200mb during that time is not rare at all. But thus far I don't recall dwm.exe ever eating up more than explorer.exe.