NIIIICE ... Lg W2363D

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by The Sleeper, Feb 2, 2011.

1. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    So after a little setup problems i got it to work PERFECTLY ...

Im am really surprised with this LCD ...

DAMN the 120 Hz LOOOKS amazing ...

the 3D gaming is what suprised me the most. ITS really absolutely FREAKING awesome. Never imagined it would be this good ...

Im really hoping for some 3D ready Games in 2011 ...

HAPPY HAPPY ;0)

PS. And i was one of the skeptic one ha ha ha WHAT a laugh IT ROOCKZ :banana:

2. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    Yes 3D rocks, i got 23.3 acer GD245HQ and its sweet 2ms 120 hz. Dragon age is dam good in 3D.

3. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Just tried Dead Space 2 WOOOOOOOOOW ;0)

It does not have a profile BUT it looks awesome at lowest depht deception SWEET JESUS ....

4. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    :<

I have a 120hz display but I don't have the the NVIDIA kit, nor do I have enough power to run most new games in 3d... Dead Space 2 I probably could easily run though, 200fps would be like half in 3d...

5. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Only games i have experinced problems in 3D is Metro 2003 and Just Cause 2 ...

That will be solved when i get a GTX 580 more for SLI ... ;0)

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I chose a different route sinc e I did not want to spend too much on SLi/CF system, I wanted S3D on a single card so I went the Zalman route and bought myself the ZM-M240W, it does 60Hz only but my goodness, the 3D effects in DS2 is pretty amazing.

7. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Never heard of that Monitor ...

Gets ok reviews tho ... ;0)

8. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    What's the best 2ms 3D Gaming monitor money can buy today??

The Lg W2363D looks good but It's a bit slow 5ms which might cause ghosting effect...

Any Ideas ??

9. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Well i have the LGW2363D and it has this option called THRU mode ...

When this is enabled there are NO input lag what so ever ;0) Its amazing ...

All 120 Hz LCD´s and Nvidia 3D vision has Ghosting ( Some games worse than others )

They say it will be fixed with the 2nd generation Nvidia 3D classes ;0)

If i where you, i would go for the LGW2363D the picture on this screen is amazing .. ;0)

10. jimmy200340

jimmy200340 New Member

GPU:
    MSI N460GTX TFII SOC 768M
    ASUS VG236H not a bad one, 2ms 120Hz with trace free. Dame good

sold with NV 3D glass

11. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    Check the new Acer out. Very impressive! It looks like the monitor companies are getting a handle on the ghosting issue.

12. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
  13. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Yep too bad ... :0(

Im selling as soon as the ACER 27" is in stock ;0)

14. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Yep ... awesome screen ! got one ..:banana:

15. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Hey Guru's,

just to calm my mind about 3D, do you really need nvidia to do 3D or is enough any GPU but a 3D monitor as the big LCD-TV's are (you know glases and stuff)?:3eyes:

I know that if you do nvidia way you will have a sort of a "hardware" 3D as every frame is rendered 2 times, but is there a "software" mode available??

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011

16. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    I'm still waiting for 3D LED displays
    there was some announcements at CES, hope new monitors soon will go on sale

17. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    When you say 120hz looks nice, do you mean just by itself or coupled with the nvidia 3d lens? And which should I get, the acer GD245HQ or the LG 2363D?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  18. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    the polarized version with passive glasses only seems to take about 15% from the GPU, it can run on 60hz and doesnt ghost.

the shutter glasses (powered, expensive) are the ones that nvidia and tv companies are pushing ghost and require all the HDMi 1.4 Kit, player, tv @ 120hz and an audio amp that can pass 3d too if you want the hd audio also in 7.1

so it looks like polarized is far cheaper and better... but, it gives you 1920 x 540p line resolution where are shutter is still full 1080p

i actually have seen a few more vids of TV`s that have newer more sophisticated parallax barrier technology and you don't require Glasses, that is the real future imho.

personally id like to see a similar level of performance to polarized but with no glasses and same brightness, further more id like to see a higher resolution than 1080p as peoples screens are getting bigger and people want to really look into a 3D world (glasses or not) and for this 540p with polarized is not enough, yet a 50% + performance hit with shutter glasses means all the next gen games on consoles will still only look like medium current gen pc games in 3D due to it being the equivalent of rendering 2160p.. bye bye Anti aliasing

however @ 2160p @ 60hz with polarized would only be a 30% hit and you would get the benefit of cheaper technology and no ghosting + super crisp 2D menus and 2D gaming/films :)

19. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    got my lg for £159 delivered, that you cannot beat man ! got two pairs of glasses aswell and works really sweet in mafia 2 and batman, so fecking gorgeous its almost unbelivable!

I have a nasty problem tho, its when I tr.... actually I will start a new thread, great monitor tho well worth the dosh :)