NVIDIA 266.66 Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Adeks, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ty Hilbert, I think an indirect cause of this is not seeing any moderators on here. Boss you are the first I have seen on here in weeks

2. HAZ-MAN

HAZ-MAN Active Member

GPU:
    evga sc GTX 780 ti sli
    Ty mods for starting to enforce conduct rules. i am a reg visitor though do not post. i am about to do big new build as ive won my settle ment and am watching all forumns here to decide on what gear from mb to mem and vid cards you name it ground up build., but latly this forumn is just out of hand. ive have read hunters post for a while and respect his opionin as well others here when I decide to install drivers. if we could all allow others to imprint facst as found on thier rigs and thier impression on the effect of software for the components and post the results as most do then others who may be interested will find info not beligerent post and spamn attact that get old and degrade this site. :biggun:

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Not monitoring the forums all the time I can understand, but more action on pm's would be awesome...:p

4. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    nothing new, everything runs with the same performance like 266.58

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    265.90 is still the best for me,outperforms this driver and has better clarity.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Thank you i will try that in the 3xx drivers :)

7. Codeus

Codeus New Member

Hiya,

I just got a shiny GTX 560TI so I installed these drivers, problem is, I also run a GT240 for Physx + 2nd monitor connection. (2 monitor on my main card was preventing it from down-clocking in 2D).

The 266.66 *only* supports the 560 so I get a dead screen on the GT240.

What should I do to get both cards working?

Cheers!

8. Codeus

Codeus New Member

Ahh, nm.. bit of cut and paste from one .INF to another did the trick. :)

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I can confirm this as I originally thought the same as others; that this driver was just a rebadged WHQLed v266.58 driver with support only for the new 560 Ti added.

However, following an issue with ambient occlusion in World in Conflict with the 266.58 drivers and a post on the GeForce.com forum from ManuelG, one of the NVIDIA support staff, it turns out that the 266.66 contains a fix for this bug. I installed them this morning using the INF file from 266.58 and the ambient occlusion bug is no longer there. So these *DO* contain fixes that the 266.58 drivers don't have. :D

10. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Just posted in the 266.58 thread in reply to your post.

You don't have BC2 by any chance? If you do, do you get weird artifacts with HSAO and AA on?

I'm not sure if its a driver problem, or a game engine problem, because I seem to remember getting the arti's on my HD4870.

Gonna d/l these tonight and see if it makes a difference.

11. nEoSmAtRiX

nEoSmAtRiX New Member

From 266.66 Readme:

What’s New in Version 266.66
    - Added support for the GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
    - This driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v9.10.0514.
    NVIDIA PhysX acceleration is available on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs with a
    minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory and a minimum of 32 processor
    cores.
    - This driver package installs the HD audio driver, version 1.1.13.0.

Regards,
    neosmatrix