Battlefield 3 Teaser- 64 Player, Jets and prone

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rifle_Grunt, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    make the jets have to land to reload.

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    It was never fixed. And the knife is set up to be a back stab weapon. If you try to hit on left or right it isn't a 1 hit kill. In the back it is, because frankly, I agree it is a weapon for people that do not like confortation! It is a weapon for people that are cowards. Everytime I see a dude post his 1000 knife kills I think he is a coward 1000 times more them me!!!

3. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    they already had to.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    +1

really, wdf trailer:bang:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Just got home to watch this trailer and what a let down, lol are they serious ? FFs show us atleast 1 frame of game footage.

6. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i got excited n then the teaser pissed me off

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The Original dolphin diving exploit was when you jump in the air while still being able to fire while in mid-air,then as soon as you hit the ground,you go prone and fire,what dice did was release a patch long ago that stopped you from firing your gun while in mid-air so it was fixed,as there was no point to jumping as you couldnt fire...a decent player would kill you while you was in mid-air and not being able to shoot.

As for the knife it could also be looked at the other way as in "not protecting your back",Remember the claymores for the sniper class?
    Specifically for protecting you back.

Many times i would be wondering across the map and i would come face to face with an enemy,sometimes one of us would pull the knife out as if to say "lets have it with the knife"then the other player would pull out his knife and a knife battle would take place,or you could just pull you gun out and blow the other player away,but was kinda dishonourable,this could also happen to yourself.

The knife was better in Bf2 than that stupid aimbotted rubbish we get in Bc2,if BF3 is coming then it needs to have "true" BF features like a select and usable knife with no aimbot,just like 64 player maps,jets,bigger maps,commander,commo rose,more balanced classes(no noob assault GL resupply or massive splash damage from gustav)etc.

Even though Bc2 is a pretty ok game it was just a stepping stone and a tester to see how the Frostbite engine would be on the pc...ready for BF3.

The true successor to BF2 has arrived,"The Daddy" is back i hope it delivers and retires the COD franchise for good(I know that it wont as the nOObs will still buy it lol):)

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I just want offline bot matches, is it that much to ask :S

9. ross

ross Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond R9 290X 4GB
    blue balls,

ah hum

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I am so depressed that we find ourselves amazed in 2011 at 64 player, prone and jets. For the love of god we had all three in 2001.

11. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Yeah its kinda sad we're getting back things we had 10 years ago I blame the rise of console fps but at least we're getting them back after all this time

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    hmmm "Takes full advantage of the DirectX11 API"????

Well at least we know what frame rates to expect on anything other than SLI/Crossfire configs...

13. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well if BC2 is anything to go by, performance should increase once drivers and patches optimise the game. With all the destruction though (hopefully they've figured out how to place more buildings and different variations without hurting frame rates, which was BC2's flaw, they limited the destructable buildings due to frostbite hurting frame rates) i'm guessing a good high end GPU will be needed to run max settings at good framerates. BC2 was rather good with mid range cards even at 19x10

14. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    It's a teaser guys! Stop complaining! The game will be shown in GDC!

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i hope this game maxed runs like crap on SLI 580's, it will make the game last longer while tech catches up. Took me a good 2 years to get BF2 running maxed.

16. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung

lets face it... i had to do the same things :) and when i look at battlefield 2 i still think its one of the more realistic games. but everything has to be taken into perspective... the game is simply old.

but then again its just a game :) and you will never have realism if you still want to maintain the amount of fun you get with bf2/bc2. what allways bothered me with bad company 2 were the retarded weapons. no balance.... developers didnt even take caliber into account when designing the classes.

and its overall just a sucky game with 32ppl only. 64-128 is realy what i want for a new battlefield :D

btw back to the into prone and back thing. if you do these things you will still need more to realy shoot your weapon accuratly. as you know your not usualy running around aiming :) and when you fall into prone you usualy dont do it with the guns safety off :p

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

True, unless you want to shoot your buddy in the ass or end up with a ricochet in your eye.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    they took some animation work from ea sports division so we should be getting rather nice animations now. and they did increase amount of destructive stuff, supposedly frostbite is now 3.0 as it was 2.5 in BC2

19. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    dont think there will be ricochet when you shoot your buddies bottom

20. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    No. BC 2 used Frostbite 1.5, BF 3 uses Frostbite 2.