Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    I see ...I forced vsinc with inspector and I think with 60 fps it is a lil bit smoother. still AA doesent work for me :(((

2. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Ok that sounds wierd ....

Well it will be better to play with dynamic shadows than AA then ...

You loose alot of athmosphere with no shadows ?

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    there are dynamic shadows with normal, you just lose the shadow softness and maybe higher shadow resolution.

4. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Ok just tested an you are right about the shadows ...

Hoping for a fix in the next set of drivers :banana:

PS. Shadows on Normal looks really bad ?

Im playing without AA for now ...

And i will suggest to other people to wait with the AA, because the normal shadows ruin the game ( Blocky as s... )

There will surely be a fix .. ;0)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    nvidia doesn't even acknowledge the AA compatibilty setting for dead space, so I doubt it. but you can always hope twice as much to compensate for me not hoping :)

6. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Im really getting tired of PC games without any AA ...

Its just a HUGE step backwards ...

Alot of games in 2010 you spend alot more time trying to get AA to work that you where playing the game ... :)

PS. I would not have bought this game if i knew AA wouldnt work with shadows DAMMIT ....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  7. eiren

eiren Active Member

GPU:
    GTX480 @ 890
    Dead Space 2 has its own AA setting of either on or off, so as far as the developers are concerned you can play with AA on and also full shadows.

The issue is when people want to override the developers own AA with a different method.

Trouble is that the developers own shader based AA is not as good as other methods.

8. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Yes the games options for AA sucks ...

Doesn´t do much ;0)

9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    your being generous. it doenst do anything :D

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    original post updated with Aliens vs. Predator dx9 AA ovveride.

11. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    I came here to make a thread asking why any game that supports Ambient Occlusion in the nvidia driver no longer allows you to use the Override AntiAliasing option. Any one know why that is btw?

Any way, I noticed this thread and it looks like I can circumvent Nvidia's annoying habit of restricting control of their driver with this tool. Thanks!

12. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    If the creator of this thread can keep the list updated frequently enough, it should be sticky.

13. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Is there an AA flag for bf2/pr?

Also I got aa working in dead space 1. I have AO set to very high. But when I do everything is way smooth until I come accross a part where light shadows reflect on the wall then it bogs down my fps to where it's totally choppy when looking at them on the wall. But once I look away everything is smooth again. What's that all about?

14. 101459

101459 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX580
    What an amazing thread! I recall reading all the reason AA could not work with deferred render engines and how it had to be applied by the engine to individual render targets; so it's a very pleasant surprise that this works.

There's a new game out called Breach that uses a deferred engine similar to Grin's Diesel engine under Lead & Gold and the GRAW games; I've tried poking around to little avail, and can't seem to get any of the known compatibility flags to work...

Some flags like the one from Unreal 2.5/3 and BC2 will actually get the game working with AA enabled but don't actually apply AA, others, behave like no compatibility flag is applied and nothing is rendered when AA is turned on in the driver but the skybox (similar behavior to the Diesel engine)...

Is there any way to discover what compatibility flags might work with this game by means other then trial and error?

:nerd:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  15. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    i have no idea what game you are talking about :) full title please.

I think trial and error is how everything is discovered, especially when its a game engine no one ever used before.

don't have the game, so your gonna have to be the hard working tester on this one :)

16. 101459

101459 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX580
    Hey GanjaStar, thank you for replying! As for trial and error, all I'm doing is trying the known compatibility flags you've discovered and posted... Is there anything else I can do to explore other possibilities beyond entering random numbers in the flag after I exhaust your list?

:confused:

17. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Sorry my bad. I meant Battlefield 2, are there AA flags for it?

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yes there is, open nvinspector, click the magnifying glass that says scan nvidia predifined profiles, and then open the "bit value editor" thats right next to the magnifying glass. then you can mix and match diferent parts to attemp creating "new" flags. That is how people found some of the new ones, like dead space.

and I have not discovered these flags; its a community effort, i am just putting it in one place :)

battlefield 2 already has an AA flag sepcified by nvidia drivers, so you can just overide AA from control panel.

the flag nvidia uses is 0x40000000. just turn off in game AA and overide from CP. unless theres issues with that, i don't see why you would need to change it.

19. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Thanks for the reply dude. Actually there was a flag for bf2 in nhancer. But since the updated drivers are not compatible with nhancer. I ask for a flag for inspector because I used to set AA to 4x4 SSAA which I think is the highest setting for AA. if I can apply this through inspector then I would like to? If memory serves me I think it used vangard flag? Or no? Have a good day bud.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    like he said its 0x40000000 :nerd:

[​IMG]