AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Computers can be fixed and tweaked infinitely while life doesnt and sometimes it takes some drastic choiches to be made.

Take your time, even if it will be ages, and give your best always.

My best wishes and good luck, god bless.

2. DannyG

DannyG Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD6970
    So true

3. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    GL TwL! :)

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, I think I just got the I7 box to go. So, only matter of time I get back it seems now. Hopefully back at next week. Although, it's gonna be ****ty
    weekend. It's just sad to sell stuff on these prices currently heck you get like half of actual value because of new crap which is just made to look good which
    in matter of fact 1366 is 10 times the system intel is currently offering.

as the saying... Sometimes you Win some, Lose some.

5. Anthrax27

Anthrax27 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Hope everything goes well and gets sorted out twL
    good luck :)
    God bless

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @commonly

and back to topic...

I'm fixing here the genetix cleaner missed entry and the adding new edition probably this weekend. Gonna check it up in full before add.

@offtopic
    heh, since I had to remove my second computer sell it in pieces. I had to build some server rig to myself. So, took an HP 230W power, P4 1,8Ghz +
    1GB of DDR 133Mhz, NVIDIA FX5500 on it and as soon I got it together wanted to check does the 'Prey' work. After bashing it quite damn many
    times I got Prey working just for fun of it. GTA:Vice City is spinning in full which was pretty amazing.

atm, dilemma on what to take next test box as there is no system I would like to buy. New Sandy Bridge has some crap on SATA and X58 has no real
    CPUs or at least not at any decent price tag and no way in hell I'm gonna wait yet another 3 months for Intel Corp. to get their crap together,
    actually, rather funny they aren't lowering prices as of yet perhaps they think they can take 3 months of 'we sell nothing', lol. Wonder what would be
    right thing to do here buy a cheapest possible board + CPU and then drop some new monster GPU on it would most likely be ideal thing to do.

7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    you could have my i5 and mobo for £150 if that helps, pretty cheap.

8. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, you are correct on one thing that only thing worth buying is the cheapest used hardware/general crap there is to just wait these larger companies to get
    their quality assurance together.

but no thanks I think I'll find some used LGA775 + drop some basic quad core to it dirty cheap.

9. accela

accela Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5870M
    Just registered to let you know that i've been having issues getting any other control panel other than the original "red devil" on my laptop (running ATI 5870M).
    Do i need to download something extra in order to get the other ones to work?
    It doesn't install Radeonpro or ccc panel 2.0 (tried both) automatically, so when it runs the finalize optimization after reboot it just sits there waiting for the ccc panel to start.
    Could i install RadeonPro/CCC Panel 2.0 manually and just skip the finalize optimization after reboot?

10. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Sounds like it's doing as it's scripted by me.

As for CCC 2.0 well, unless the new 11.1 CCC panels works there's really nothing I can do about it. These systems are extremely picky. RadeonPro has
    never been part of my mods there is no 3rd party or unofficial files in final installation of modified build and hopefully there never will be.

@commonly

Lately been occupied on something else so there's a small hardware change cut on my topic currently going on. Currently been waiting like 4-5
    days for confirmation of one transaction. So, there haven't been update to 11.1 even while there should of already been update by me to cleanup and the driver.

-edit - 09.02.2011-

Seems situation is worst than I though and there might be new bad news on my side. So, as of the moment notice v5.10 might be the last build I will be
    building and I might have to sell as stated few pages back everything I own including move to 'homeless' section of sociaty. Funny how life goes trying to
    keep some healthy 'humor' up, but damn I feel like failing even on that. :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

11. Tyrael-D3

Tyrael-D3 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT
    damn dude that sucks, are you working right now ?

12. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    come to wales, il get you a job :)

13. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    @ TwL

¿Can u please give me a link where to download the patch to bfbc2 to stabilize process to apply on your buld 3.95?
    Because i re download this build but the patch is not incorporated
    Sory for my bad english

Bye and thanks

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @Tyrael-D3, @davetheshrew

Currently, not for the moment.

@marcosamerio

Should be found at mediafire I upload every single last piece there.

-edit-

Checked it out seems it's not there gonna upload the patches section also on some point.

@commonly

As for this situation. Currently I see no way out. So, just have to wait and see what's next. In good luck I might be able to pull down LGA1156 or LGA1155 and hopefully on
    some thing like 25.3.2011 I am hoping to get HD6990 before that, but cost and current stuff makes difficult to think straight. Currently even getting back to HD5850+9800GTX compo which I kept even seems really far reach. Maybe on 25.02.2011 as in ~1-2 weeks from now I might have a chance to get stuff straight.

15. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    @marcosamerio

Should be found at mediafire I upload every single last piece there.

-edit-

Checked it out seems it's not there gonna upload the patches section also on some point.

Thanks

16. mitchellboy

mitchellboy Member

GPU:
    ATI/FireproM7820/1 GDDR5
    Hi TWL, Is it possible to mod workstation driver for mobility firepro users? I just checked their release notes of workstation drivers
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firepro/workstation8.773.1.1.pdf
    AMD had already supported their mobility firepro product, but in INF files there is no any of mobility firepro cards on the list which means mobility users need to mod by themselves.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  17. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    Ohai, I've been using the patch ever since, so I thought I'd share it =)
    there you go!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3adkli4mt3hspi3

18. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060

Oh man thanks u very much!!, really

Bye and thanks again

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I'll try to get them it seems on Tuesday.

@commonly

Seems, I got pretty ideal small test box now with used CPU + motherboard to replace the earlier setup. Comes in Tuesday and just maybe I get back on
    testing, if everything works alright. Although, there's a lot of 'background noise' at life, atm, so still not on 'spot for freetime' any day soon. Although, this
    makes very very good chance of me building new drivers more actively since I got an environment to test against.

20. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    TwL - just wanted to say hang in there and we appreciate what you, Von Mod and Japamd has done for the community.

World economy is tough right now so stay lean and tight to survive. Its tough on my side of the world too but at least the old games still works so we can smile while we are waiting for things to get better.