580 sli not enough need tri!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Krogtheclown, Jan 31, 2011.

1. theillusiveman

theillusiveman Member Guru

GPU:
    2x-N570GTX-(840/2000Mhz)
    $500 for 1 game? No.

2. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    This pretty much sums it up

3. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    I got the money so I dont really care, but heck BFBC2 keeps crashing to DT also and the GPU's show 100% usage in that game too.

4. rooisone

rooisone Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570
    Cool i would like to see some pic ok.

5. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Im guessin its because your CPU and the fact your 1.5 mem on the 580's arent enough running your massive multi setup... You should sell them and wait for the 580 3gb card.. That thing will run your setup with eaze!

6. zmanster

zmanster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 470 SLI (water)
    Agreed. I too would like to see your setup. Not many systems that have three 580s.

I see your cpu is under water. Do you have full blocks for your 580s too? If you don't and if money isn't an issue, I would put those cards under water and OC the hell out of them!!

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    /QFT

VRAM is likely the problem (at that res) and a 3rd 1.5GB card wont solve it.

8. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    Dude guessing what my problem is wont help either dont you think I checked the MEM usage? Im running the game with no AA the mem is fine.
    Sorry to get annoyed I know your just trying to help but if you dont have 3 screens and your thinking of going to that Im trying let people know what they might need.

"I see your cpu is under water. Do you have full blocks for your 580s too? If you don't and if money isn't an issue, I would put those cards under water and OC the hell out of them!!"

I had 3 280's all with WC its a hassle to deal with.

Well there are a few problems with going to WC
    1 it voids your warrenty
    2 they dont sell as well on ebay
    3 they can be a pain to trouble shoot if your having issues

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  9. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:

10. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    Pretty cocky, hmm?

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm assuming you have a fantastic internet connection that couldn't possibly have anything to do with these slowdowns right?

Have you tried running at a lower resolution (maybe 1920x1080) to see if the slowdowns are still there?

But hey, its your money. But I'd hate to hear you come in here and say tri-sli didn't solve it either.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    wow...nice choice. Those graphs show a CPU bottleneck for the P55 with NF200 chip with a Core i7 870 at resolutions below 1920x1080. Of course...it would cheaper/more cost effective to play at a lower resolution...also, it should be pointed out AGAIN, that you're going to be bottlenecked by the 1.5GB of memory on those GTX580s at higher resolutions more than anything. It doesn't matter how many cards you add...you're still going to be limited to 1.5GB of graphics memory. We can load up some CPU specific benchmarks....but it's unlikely that your CPU is going to win against an i7 900 series processor without being overclocked or having HT disabled. Allowing all involved processors to run at full potential....your processor will lose in fully multi-core aware benchmarks. In regards to the Core 2 Quad series...your processor maintains very little performance advantage in real world usage.

Oh, I should also point out that the benchmark on THG is of CRYSIS....not Crysis: Warhead.....it's the ORIGINAL Crysis and holds no relevence in this case.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  13. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Yes yes your e-peen is AWESOME!!!!!

14. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I believe him, if he's an aggressive player and is able to hold his own against 2-3 guys with explosions going off around him. That's when playable min FPS counts the most.

Hell, even for me a single GTX 580 sometimes doesn't feel like its enough for BC2 at 1920x1080 + 32XAA. C4'ing multiple tanks while enemies are shooting all around me. For the moment I'll settle with 4XAA.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The problem with high resolutions like he's claiming to use, is that SLI copies the same graphics data to the entire memory pool, so adding more graphics cards doesn't increase the available graphics memory. The higher the resolution, the more graphics data has to be stored which can turn the graphics memory into a massive bottleneck at insanely high resolutions. What he appears to be describing is a case in which the graphics cards simply run out of memory to store graphics data.

16. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    lol I don't get the fuss with AA, I mostly put it on like 2xAA in really demanding games, I do have it on about 4x with BC2 as well tho

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    8xaa with any game at a high resolution is overkill,you dont need anymore than that unless its a really old game your running with more jaggies.

19. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    warranty isnt voided if you buy evga cards and no matter how many cards you put in you will bottlenecked at that rez.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  20. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    @OP If you have the pennies and other peoples opinion do not matter to you that much, don't talk the talk, walk the walk. Get spending my man! Do it now.