AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    ^ Don't you think you'd get better support if you posted this in the OC or intel CPU section?
    Good luck

2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, but this is what happens when you start something.. :)

Well, your memory type is quite damn sad that's your machine agiles for tweaking it to lower latencies. this C9 1600 mem will not work that well as
    chip is bad. Note on even while I will below drop these to 1.7v and at CL7 you could do very well on same at 2:6 1146Mhz same latencies which it
    pretty near likely to be best out of these blocks, but the main thing is that the speed can go balance with the write speed being at those settings
    around 16900MB/s not to do forcefully low latency 20000MB/s read speed which is nonesense.

but try this one out (with your own risk):
    4ghz on a 191 block multi at 20x + Turbo Enabled (x1) (HT down you will need 1.216v'actual at load' that's something near 1.28v at BIOS for HT, but you need to check this with CPU-Z to stabilize 4Ghz with HT)
    vcore cpu 1.248750 (should be 1.200v'actual' when you are at Windows check with CPU-Z) -> make sure you use intel standard vDroop so it goes down to 1.168v
    CPU VTT? Assuming this is 'QPI'/'DRAM/QPI'/'QPI/VTT' increase that 1.33v to 1.45v (or lower the BLK from 191 to 186-187 = 3720-3740Mhz UnCore at 1.35v)
    DRAM 1,70v-DRAM/VTT at Half(0,850v)(this is not the ref nor data keep them at 0.750v norm) 1528 @ 7-7-7-20-27-7-14-70-7-7-1 (cl-rcd-rp-ras-rc-rrd-wr-rfc-rtp-wtr-cr) (Voltages will have no affect, but since I am pushing low latency)
    QPI PLL @ 1.26v
    IOH @ 1.26v
    CPU PLL 1.80v

Sorry, I didn't know what voltages or memory settings you had on your board would of been easier to write this, but this should be pretty ok.

NOTE: if you do have some motherboard manufacturer tools for tweaking you should check these up can they show actual voltages instead of these
    damn BIOS nonesense values. Also if not and you just got some tool which can set voltages get that tool hit all settings at stock and drop the BLK at
    191 and go to windows and to the tool and check what it sets (will be huge unneeded values), but this will give you an idea how large is the drop at
    voltages as maximum drop up shouldn't be more than +0.28v(like your QPI/PLL/ETC values are as I can see) or down (check everest/AIDA64 for
    DRAM voltage at 1.66v it should print 1.648v (with 3 digits selected), if not then my values are incorrect from begin with, but you would know from
    DRAM voltage also what kind of drops the board makes for voltages which would make it possible to predict the voltages for QPI/QPI PLL/IOH and so
    on.. accurately. If you cannot find any other tools check MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS websites and try their tools what every goes on wild west. Although,
    I'd relay better to AIDA64 before these and 'tweakers.fr' website has 'CPU-Tweaker' with advanced information on memory. :)

@commonly

If anyone here has some more questions or board based information is needed message me directly or use my MSN, but please not on this forum
    section and I will not follow an another forum section.

----

Well, well my Catalyst Modded topic just turned for 2 days Intel board tweaking section and board stability troubleshoot 1o1, but no worries, heh, been building some 11.1 blood and troubleshooting it a bit.

There is an issue on new 11.1 all versions on display data I am solving it but I need exact information from windows what is causing it. So, been taking
    forever (as any bug easy to develop in harder to get out, heh). There is also full load which is still caused by AVIVO / WMVDecoder applications I am
    solving. This bug does not seem to at these specific tools, but it is at application used and CCC detection for them. Seems issue root is at Internet
    tools or more specifically 'Internet Explorer' with latest 'Flash' runnign at background. This is what happens:
    1. you start the machine perhaps the WWW-Browser (Clocks stay down)
    2. You start gaming (Clocks go up)
    3. You stop gaming (clocks remains up as CCC/AMD Driver thinks Clocks were used by Internet application as game protections today use Internet Explorer, lol.)
    4. Result is 100% GPU usage at IDLE.

So, this is a bit problematic for me to solve and I am not yet 100% sure about Internet Explorer, but pretty near.

As for new package been building something new and improved. Although todays is friday weekend ahead party time....... So, no drivers at least
    before Monday-Thuesday unless I figure something out at Sunday as usual.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    (I apologize for offline topics)

Using Catalyst 10.12 and onwards, or any of Twl's drivers I had no issue with my CPU/RAM speed being limited [I am sure its not in anyways related to the later, with respect to drivers vs CPU/RAM].

Currently with single cards (previously with 5850 and now currently with 6950) I have had no issues with my setup.

My RAM: 4GB 800Mhz with 4-4-4-12 timings
    My CPU: I use P2 state at 2200Mhz with 0.85 CPU(V), 0.9250 NB(V)..never had any issue even in running Dragon age + mods at 4xSSAA all high as much as I can, or with ME2 with 4xSSAA, or with Oblivion with 24xEDAA with OOO, or even crysis at 4xSSAA (dx9) with CCC level 5 mod. (Those were in 5850 card itself..lol)

My gaming res is 1680x1050.

Only two games, ever in my life I had to use p1 state at 2700 MHz with 0.9875 CPU(V), 1.0 NB(V). Metro and GTA 4.

A.K.A never used full speed of my quad..ever..

I have tested OCing, but I never had the satisfaction when I overclocked everything..but had superb satisfaction of under-clocking my CPU with lowest CPU(V) my setup can use.

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Nobody ever questioned anyones systems to have any relation to this topic. Question was since I decided to study Intel new systems a bit how they really work. Never had anything to do with 'Catalyst [Modified build]'-topic.

Since someone wanted to know I wrote few words of what to tweak for what increase.

@commonly

Hmm, might be that I cannot continue building new modded drivers in the near future, but guess that it's time at somepoint for some more intelligent
    being to take over CCC modding section.

Without explaining too much just got a bit bad real life situation coming ahead, but I will drop all data I got on my HD online before this happens. This
    would happen, if I lose equipment on hand and modding would be impossibility. Currently fighting a bit on keeping the sh1t together as in the
    past had some bad situations, but always some way managed to go over them this time I ain't too sure. :frown:

5. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    very nice research on intel there man :) I was almost waiting for you to say 'TwL's modified ICH10 driver' lmao, have a good weekend.

EDIT, damn whats the problem man, someone giving you grief? is it a cash flow problem? get donating guys! il donate next wednesday dude if it helps at all.

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Actually ICH10R is horrible in it's design just wrong about Intel drivers for ICH10R on Intel CPU / Motherboard topic. There's like 10 times faster drivers
    available for these systems by just looking a little better on driver version installed. Also got tons of questions since used to tweak nforce SATA and RAID
    array drivers on few forums.

as for the problem ahead. I have never seen money as an issue and no donation here could help the idea. I would still be using any donations to
    research of the new driver or donator requested content/hardware or data/games and I would never use anything donated to my own well being
    even, if it would be the last thing I do. I believe in chasing greater good much more than living many of my friends would most likely say the same. I
    see money as an object of 'fun' and exact situation of needing money would not be an issue as it's easy to make money at this world. A 'problem' is how
    you handle an situation is everything, but it's never a money issue even while it would be missing pennies.

Upcoming situation is much deeper as I might lose apartment most likely and everything I own in the transaction to make quick decesion which I will try to
    avoid and, if this comes up to me selling everything I own, so be it.

7. Anthrax27

Anthrax27 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    v5.10 is the best out there :thumbsup:

8. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    selling everything you own, wow man thats really bad news, hope something good happens to sort this out, its terrible man

9. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i hope you get your problems fixed twl. i smell wife issue, i had one of those a year ago and she left my house clean if you know what i mean.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Damn, that is more than suck man.
    :S
    I wish you luck and hope you get everything sorted out.

11. joaao_belo

joaao_belo Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    hi all, when i install these drivers in my laptop (clevo x8100 crossfire) with two 5870 after the install process and reboot catalyst doesn't work and i don't know why. Need Help!!

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    This would be most likely because disabled 'tray'-icon, heh, there's a bit bug at CCC 2.0, but if you got it installed this would be it.

I am unsure setup of this kind how it would work anyway, as you can guess I don't have such monsters as test machines. CFX is not even tested for laptops by me.

13. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 ti 12GB
    TwL,

Question for you. What DLL and/or files are called on for Crossfire functionality? I'm curious as to what the result would be with mixing and matching the newer DLL/files with some of the older packages.

What are your thoughts?

-J

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    You really don't wanna do that straight up. There's unfunctional DDs against the processing to D3D. Basically all new might be a good plan as something
    like 10.12a paritially works really great, but needs an desktop fixes for EyeFinity type of systems. Also, there is an issue with DVA code as it's been
    renew over and over again now since v10.12 and yet again at 11.1 and so on you cannot just drop any D3D driver on there the driver most understand
    the functions at least basic level otherwise the CCC won't work and/or the driver will start crashing either on overlay or while usage.

Your best bet would most likely for CFX be 10.10e and only processing utilizing newer driver with something like complete D3D/OGL + Desktop
    modules from 11.1. However, you will need the DD and DX10-11 to match at minimum and those most be from 10.12 driver branch at least or you'll lose
    the new OCL functionality and as for that you also need GTK files from 11.1 again as only functional setup before 11.1 something like ATI CFX/NVIDIA
    hybrid would be 10.4a.

@commonly

Will be cleaning some crap up in real life for some days. My time currently is really damn limited and it's either I deal with this crap now, if I can and
    update the drivers as when I can think straight for a few hours. Sorry, but I don't think there's gonna be a modified build before I get this situation clear.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  15. h00ahj

h00ahj Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6870 Crossfire
    hey TwL

I installed your drivers "Final Build v5.10" everything went good, but apon launching black ops I was recieving artifacts/shader problems I believe, on main menu and when playing a lot of textures kept flickering.. I'm not sure what it could be? maybe I missed something, but I followed your instructions down to the letter. No overclocks or anything. Everything is fine when reverted back to offical 11.1a or previous drivers. I also ran FurMark for a while to check my cards for artifacts @max settings and high temp and everything was okay. What could it be do you think? I'd love to try out your drivers. I appreciate the work you put in these m8! HOOAH

16. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    take your time, dont bother with this, this is just kid stuff compared to real life situations, take care of yourself.

17. boyriot

boyriot Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5770 IceQ5
    agree

18. Lumaan

Lumaan Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290X 4GB OC
    +1 :)

19. Tifone

Tifone Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP
    Completely agree and I wish you best of luck, TwL

20. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @commonly

Well, working with it, looks like I need to do at least 1 change of system set now and give up the Core I7-950 + 1 of UD7 boards.

Good news is this will most likely solve my problems, but bad news is all the damn testing of drivers are done against identical system set and it'll become an non-comparable with 6-core XEON. :(

Anyway, in a middle of some HD repartitioning and copying. Sad to do so so so so many hours work for to lose something.