Crysis 2 in PC GAMER

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is this true ?

from steam forums.

sounds interesting.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I think those are dog tags, you get a special one for pre-ordering so it makes sense that's what you "drop" when dying and what's used for collecting these streaks. :)

3. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Oooh, a demo for PC too? Awesome.

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Why only MP demos? Makes me sad.
    BulletStorm's demo is their Echo mode, a coop version of Gears of War's Horde mode... no single player campaign demo.

Crysis 2... MP. I want a single player demo, could care less about MP (which I've heard feels like CoD4/MW2 in Crysis).

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Blade: I have to disagree. Yes, people do camp in Black Ops... as they do in every single multiplayer FPS. The difference is that campers are easier to deal with in Black Ops for two reasons.

1) Killcam. know exactly where someone is if you get repeatedly killed by them, and can either inform other teammates, or just make a mad dash for the idiot yourself.

2) the maps aren't really MADE for anything that would involve long-range sniper fire. They're relatively small, and don't have long stretches of nothing except for the one map.... and even that is only one straight shot, and plenty of opportunity for a camper to get killed from another direction.

In Bad Company 2... there are maps where if you're on the attacking team, you can't freakin MOVE, let alone accomplish anything other than a death count. The main map i'm talking about is the one where the attacking team has to come down that one hill where the military base is, and at the bottom of the hill is that small town with the two buildings under construction at the opposite end. The first two weeks or so, that map was GREAT to play on. people actually played strategically. After that... if you were on the attacking team, you were better off leaving the game and joining another one. You couldn't come off the hill without being spotted by SOMEONE, and 9 times out of 10 that person had a sniper rifle waiting to pick you off from a few hundred yards away either in one of the buildings under construction, or at the base of the hill near the ocean.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    About f*in time tbh. But I agree, f* multiplayer, single-player is where it's at.

7. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    3. That was me :p

8. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Agree on the Bad Company 2 maps. They're so horribly designed it hurts.
    Dice's way of thinking regarding attack/defend scenarios is:
    -Defenders spawn 20 meters away from the objectives
    -Attackers spawn 500 meters away from the objectives (yes I'm exaggerating)

How is that balanced? It would probably work if the re-spawn time for defenders would be longer (like twice as long) as the time for attackers. But no.

9. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    solution: get in tank, use tank to blow out their cover, storm the base. Simples XD...

I don't often see that map won on that first point- the attackers usually get it in about 5-10 mins

10. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I didn't only mean that map. All of the rush maps are like that. Some are worse and some aren't. The first objectives on Oasis are the worst imo.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i don't mind campers, mostly for the simple reason that in real warfare, some do camp..i certainly would if possible, where ever is safest thats for sure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  12. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    it's not camping, it's called defending

13. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    So I played the demo on the Xbox 360 and am utterly disappointed. It's CoD. I don't want CoD in my Crysis. At all. I abhor CoD with a passion.

I'm hoping that somehow the SP gameplay is different. And maybe it was just the Xbox 360 which made is so ****ty that it felt like CoD.

WTF Crytek. Crysis Wars was brilliant. Like really, really good. It was somewhat original, and I would have played it obsessively if there was a little more keeping me coming back (like career-long weapon/vehicle/upgrade unlocks, rather than round-long ones).

This CoD-styled and console-supporting stuff (obvious money-grabbing) is really upsetting.

- PR-0927

14. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    all pc games are the same now they nearly always cater for consoles, do they really need to spread a game across all platforms ? if the answer is yes then let some work on a console version and some on a dedicated pc version and not just smear one game over every platform.

i know im older now but im disgusted by the quality of pc games this past few years, they are tedious and dont hold my attention anymore.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That would cost more money though.

Don't know how some people would feel about PC games getting more time spent on them, but the games costing alot more, somehow i doubt many would be up for that idea.

The MP is kinda COD to me, not that i care as i will never play the MP.
    But think thats more to do with COD being the most popular FPS these days, so obviously that is what the majority want, COD is very popular on the PC too, even if it is alot of people's dirty little secret.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    There's a bit of a difference between defending an objective within the actual area that you can defend the objective should the need arise.... and "defending" the objective by killing anyone who comes down that tiny little path coming down the hill. Half the time i played that map, even if someone was capturing a point, the campers didn't move cause they knew the people actually playing the game would stop them. They weren't playing the game for the game..... they were just increasing their KDR.... and that's all that most people seem to think matters.... but it doesn't. If you get a high KDR by being a moron... you're still a moron. kinda like how hacking doesn't make anybody a better player either. just makes the person look even worse.

And yea, in that map the first two points usually ARE quite easy to take when the spawn point has all the tanks and the humvee's.... but as soon as you take those two, you're pretty much boned. Even with tanks, you basically only have the option of coming down the road, and that's either plastered with anti-tank mines, or being bombarded by rocket fodder or artillery barrage.

Oh... and firefly... yes.... people do "camp" in real life. A) because that's real life and there are no respawns. B) because there's no KILLCAM! It cracks me up how many times i'll die... watch the killcam to see who killed me and roughly from where.... die again from the same guy, and then know EXACTLY where he is.... and then respawn again and flat out murder him. And then the moron goes right back to the same exact spot. That's not a legitimate strategy... that's illigitimate idiocy.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  17. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    The KillCam is worthless in the hands of a wise camper, he will will always move to a different spot to camp after racking up the kills.

I only play hardcore on BC2, and when I tried hardcore in CODBO , it is soo arcadish its unreal.. The campers have a multimillion more chances because of this in tht game, and can rack up unheard of amount of kills in a very short space of time, you can literally pick off 8 people without finishing the mag.

In BC2 you ALWAYS have a chance if players work as a team, I play with my squaddies and we all know who goes what class on each map and when to switch if we have to. We have overtaken momentum from under the noses from the most camped up servers out there where without our squad that team had no chance, since people are too focused on revenge and not getting killed (STAYING IN THE FUKIN SPAWN) and trying to snipe back (BAD IDEA)

The maps are well designed, certainly a lot better than CODBO (nuketown anyone?) and are a lot less confusing and more enjoyable. The campers in the windows can also always be wiped from teh buildings with the trusty CG, which by the way is another BIG anti-camper feature of that game.

Sorry to go OFT, but I just had to point this out.

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... again.... Bad Company 2's maps are designed for vehicular combat as well as infantry. They're GOING to be larger than normal. Nuketown is not a bad map as long as you know how to play it. And since when were campers "wise"? I don't think i've EVER seen a camper move to a different spot. At least not without being an idiot and still staying there after being killed again. Hell.... how moronic do people have to get in order to put a tactical insertion directly at their feet where they're camping, or on the opposite side of a doorway. There's a quick and easy 2 kills for whoever knows how to go up against campers.

The other good thing about the smaller maps? Even in hardcore with no killcam... you can quite easily learn the maps and know where people will generally camp. Unless it's one of those morons that prone-camps at the end of a small path, or just out in the middle of nowhere. Never understood those people, either. I mean what the hell... are they 5 years old? Almost expect them to be screaming at their screen saying "YOU CAN'T SEE ME!!!!"

And i'm pretty sure we've already come to the conclusion that the maps are NOT that well designed in BC2. Yes... they're big..... but some of them seem just like SVER's Demolition map in MAG used to be before the devs apparently gave up on trying to fix the unbeatable advantage and gave up on the game type altogether.

Anyway.... i'm still looking forward to Crysis 2 either way.... and hoping i'm not correct with the "PC Demo a week before release" bit...

19. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Min Sys Req:

System requirements for PC version
    • Internet connection to play for the installation of the game and get online
    • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2Ghz or better
    • 2 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive: 9 GB
    • DVD ROM: 8x
    • GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD 512Mb RAM or better
    • Audio: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
    • Keyboard, Mouse or the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.
    Source

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    hate to say i told ya so, couple pages or so back...so i wont.:nerd: