NVIDIA 266.66 Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Adeks, Jan 25, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    its not about insulting, but about who knows what and he clearly doesn't know sheit..

lol he didn't even try this God damn driver and now he acts all smart and calling other stupid that they're 100% the same, please GhostXL have some common sense before you speak up.

---
    And yea they could be good for 460gtx as its basically the same architecture with more SP, but its clear that they're not for other gpus.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Proves my point!

I was putting across IN GENERAL not just you but it's too much of a common place, i don't care if you started it or just defending yourself it's going on too much on this forum with too many members.

**** it, the admin said to me if you don't like this place just leave. You know what, i will. I'll come back when this place is more peaceful and fun to be on

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've always thought this place was fun and peaceful to be on, unless you take it too serious.

If everyone got along, it would be damn dull.

4. samurize

samurize New Member

GPU:
    need to check

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I'm about to do the same, If people can't admit a wrong when there is one. If this is how people are going to be here just because they have a high post count, im about to break from this forum as well. You can't even tell people the truth or correct them without a smart remark or flame. Everyone's ego is so fragile here. So I'm with you on this. I can't even post a correction about something without someone trying to one up, on a topic that isn't even capable of it.

@ HUNTER
    266.66 is what it is, and that is NOTHING NEW for non GTX 560 owners, get over it HUNTER. :puke2: The one lacking common sense is you, spouting about this driver and modding it for other cards that aren't meant to use it to begin with. If Nvidia intended it to be such, there would be a WHQL for the other cards.

This driver will NOT improve anything on other cards. Fact, not fiction.

People not owning a GTX 560 Ti, should use the 266.58 WHQL. It WILL have the fixes/improvements designated for your cards.

With this I'm taking a leave from this forum for a while. I expect another ego hurt response from HUNTER anytime now.

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    +1. Just added card support. Why people think this is a new driver set is beyond me lol

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    good bye, you wont be missed.

And one more thing TEST THE DRIVER BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO SPEAK.

I stand by what i said before, FYI everyone can say that they're the same... even my 6 year old niece who doesn't have a clue what gpu is can say that, you want to know why? I'll enlighten you try something before you speak. Now if that hurts your ego boo hoo..

And again tough luck, its your problem when you said they're same in the first place, if they were then there would be no difference what so ever dont you think? Now i suggest you to stop spreading such bs.

Same goes for you maleficarus™.

8. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Seems it's a limit. I tried and got that speed-limit too.

Btw I don't see any point to use a new driver especially being optimized for a not even released card.

Every card when release the first drivers aren't the best.

9. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Wow! That's way too hot... Mine being normal pre-overclocked, running at 725 Mhz but in idle has 30°.

10. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    The funny thing is this guy doesnt realize how stupid he makes himself look lol but atleast hes entertaining :banana:

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Agree 100%

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    What would you rather it be like?Ocuk were everybody licks the cling-ons from the admins arse no matter what the admin says,if your not in the "click" over there your suspended for saying something like "your stupid" not to mention the bitching that goes on over there is 10 times worse than here.

Maybe you should go back over there and get yourself in with the Hitler youth!

13. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Man some of you people are to much!, sometimes you no that. I read these fourms ever day and sometimes i help people, sometimes i just laugh man some of you are so :funny:. Just get along why don't you. Oh and by the way i am useing driver 258.96

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Give Hunter a break, because what he said about BigRob is true.

The only time this forum sees any trouble is when the trolls start appearing, and they have.

Just so you guys are aware, BIGROB/SLINROB/ROBSGTS is well known for trolling, and was banned from Guru3D over a year ago for exactly that reason.
    XS have also banned him, as well as 1 or 2 other forums, again for trolling, he's fanning the flames in here and most of you can't even see it.

Oh, and fwiw - the higher powers are aware of what's going on......

15. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    This is off topic. Sorry but:
    You know it is a wonder that Hilbert even bothers to keep driver forums. It has all turned into a whos is bigger contest. I mean mouth. Not all of you, but those of you know who you are. This forum is to find issues with drivers and not with each other. If you want that, please, do it in PM where we dont have to read thru it. Thank You. I am getting pictures of who is on the other end of some of your keyboards and it's killing my imagination for anything. This area is to "HELP" others. Not for this above 2+ pages of utter nonsense. So lets get back on topic. Thanks!

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    If you're trying to push this on me, no its not my fault, ty.

And besides all i said was they are not the same and are allot worse compared to 266.58, i tested them to know this fact. The rest is history.

And if someone calls me stupid for that fact, why should i keep my mouth shout and take it to pm? im gonna clear things out so anybody can see the real story, not some half biased and pointless claims.

Good day.

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I just have a lowly 8800GTX in my other rig but I have to say TheHunter said nothing wrong, he took time to test them and gave his view. He even gave examples of this driver compared to the other.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  18. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    If anything, TheHunter should be thanked for taking the time to test this set. Regardless if it’s the same base driver or not, he reported that it preformed noticeably worse when ran on the same hardware as other drivers.

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well if you hate satan as much as me try the drivers on the disk 266.44 worked for my 560 ti

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    you got it already? overnighted it?