GeForce GTX 560 Ti (SLI) reviews @ [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

We have posted three new article at Guru3D.com all covering the all new GeForce GTX 560 Ti released today.GeForce GTX 560 Ti reviewThe GeForce GTX 560 Ti itself aimed against the Radeon HD 6800...

More...

2. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Ti :) My GeForce 3 :D::D::D

3. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Just read review here and one at Hard[OCP] and both are complaining or rather making comments about pricing. Guys this isn't a price comparison, it is a hardware review. I think too much emphasis is being placed on prices. First, mail in rebates is bull and crap. 50% of the time you don't get anything back in the mail anyways and if and when you do it takes the better part of 4 freaking months. So please for the love of god stop with the MIR nonsense kay? To use MIR while making price points is misleading and should be banned on hardware sites seriously!! Secondly most people don't buy hardware online anyways, so the millions that walk into a store are SOL on MIR anyways so again stop with this crap...

You guys doing hardware reviews or have you all switched to price war reviews? It has really got to the point where online reviews is silly to almost read now sigh...

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Pricing is everything in the cutthroat business in-between AMD and NVIDIA, and we as a consumer benefit from that greatly.

Also one paragraph on pricing in the conclusion in the over 21 pages of content for the reference article, it's not that bad I'd say.

Then don't read the reviews ... btw we don't even mention rebates .. ?

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    great little cards,too bad nvidia had to brutally rise the core frequency to keep up with the 6870, it reminds me of the 6970..

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I was refering more on other sites but it was worth mentioning. But prices unless really different is a none issue. $20 or 30 bucks is moot and should not even be adressed imo... If I am at a PC store and I want a GTX560TI and I see something from ATi $30 bucks cheaper around the same performance I don't even care whatsoever...

7. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Let’s discuss this some more. I think this is not the right mentality of thinking for PC hardware. People buy PC hardware not because it is cheaper, but because it is faster. That is all, period...Look at everyone’s PC sigs, its all current top end stuff for the most part. Why would a $25 savings matter at the end of the day? If they wanted to save, really save they would be playing on there Xbox and CRT TV right? When you review hardware it should be about the hardware. Prices should be the small print in any review. If you go read the Hard[OCP] GTX560Ti review it is all about what card is cheaper, and that is there determining factor in the tone of there comments. Then they go on about MIR rebates for ATi and make a big stink about it. I read it and said to myself, is this a Wal-mart price review war or a hardware review?

Like I said, unless there is some gross differences like $100+ dollars it is moot!!

8. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Have you noticed the current climate the world is in, rich boy?

75% of hardware purchasing is down for owning better hardware and getting value for money compared too simiar products.

25% are rich ****s.

9. Crisis66

Crisis66 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970
    The beauty of it though is that the GTX 560 still overclocks nicely. Look at the clocks Hilbert managed to pull off and even the guys over at Bit-tech managed to push out 955mhz on the core. That's still a great overclock over the stock if you ask me. Imagine when people actually start to volt tweak these things.

10. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Exactly, and factor in that the 6870 doesnt overclock worth anything and you have a clear winner. The GTX 560 spanks the daylights out of a 6870.

11. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ pricing here is too close to a 6950, they seem slightly better value given their performance lead (even if it is small). Add that to the fact that most are unlocking to a 6970 at the mo and that solidifies the case

12. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    why in the world this card is sometimes faster than my card ??

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I'm not even close to rich. But when I buy hardware I don't nit-pick about $20 bucks on a video card...I decide what I want and get it. When I bought my GTX460 there was a cheaper ATi card right beside it. The guy at the store tried to convince me to buy the ATi card because he said it is just as fast but $30 bucks cheaper. I said ya, but it isn't a GTX460 is it? He walked away with a puzzled look on his face. My point: a few bucks here and there really dosen't matter to PC gamers. If it really did, we would all be playing on low resolution CRT monitors with low end hardware right? Your a good example, if savings was really important to you, why on earth would you spend cash on a 6 core CPU when there isn't a damn thing that makes use of 6 cores? You want to toss out money I can give you my home address and you can give it to me if you want?

Your the poster child for spending money in a silly way imo LOL

14. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    my faster card is going to be the same price as this in a couple of days.

15. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    SLI results look too good to be true :eek: Will need to see some 695/70 CFX results in there as well

16. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    there's a few 6950 cfx results in the review

17. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    Well, if you save 20 bucks here, 10 bucks there, save 10 bucks on shipping, etc etc, it all adds up, you might buy a 200 USD SSD with the money you saved, you know what I mean?

Recently I built a PC for a friend, and just by picking better priced items wich wont make any diference in performance he managed to buy a 120gb SSD

18. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    what are you talking about? except for anno 1404 in sli i don't see it outperform the gtx 570

19. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Your card isnt faster when overclocking comes into play, and when I say overclocking I mean it for both cards overclocked vs one another.

One thing about the fermi architecture is that it benefits greatly from an overclock while ATI's past 5000 and 6000 series only make small gains from overclocking in comparison to nvidias 400 and 500 series of cards, plenty of articles have also been written about this difference.

You take a 560 and clock it 50mhz and then grab a 6870 or 6950 and clock it 50mhz and see for yourself which one makes the biggest frame rate improvement, it will be the 560 by a long shot and its quite clear as the reviews even show this.

Now, lets also consider that Hilbert and some other reviewers have hit 980mhz with this thing without voltage being increased and with the fan running at stock! I dont know if any of you noticed in the reviews that the Gigabyte 560 SOC running at near the same overclocked frequency as the reference 560's but with only (20 more mhz) pretty much consistently beat out the 6950 and sometimes toasted it by a long shot depending upon the game being played. You can overclock the 6950 too but it will never be enough to recoup the ground that an overclocked 560 has made on it and this again falls back to design difference of the cards architectures.

Once voltage tweaks and especially some aftermarket coolers come into play you can forget about it because a 560 running at 1100mhz core will be untouchable even to an HD 6970. The only time the 6950 or 6970 would be in the lead is when the ram became the limiting factor.

20. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ if we start bringing high overclocks into the equation we also have to bring in the fact that most 6950s can be unlocked to 6970s