Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Demo Announcement trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    It's not a console trailer. No way they can get it to look that good at a constant 60 fps on a console.

Not sure how it works in Crysis 2, but I agree with the statement. Any game that requires me to invest time in order to be on a level playing field with my opponents receives no attention from me.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. Espair

Espair Active Member

GPU:
    HD4870 1gb@2048x1152
    Looks better than the other gameplay trailers out there. I'll probably pick it up, it'll be a nice change from BC2, for a while at least :p

3. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    You gotta respect his opinion

I found it very fun but will get old really fast

Consoles have a 30 fps cap

4. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    well,hopefully it won't be a hackers paradise like modern warfare 2 god that used to be a halfway decent game

5. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    looking nice- like the slide move and suit powers...

the only problem: does every game trailer now have to use The Prodigy- Invaders Must Die
    it was in the duke nukem forever trailer too

6. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    No it was made to be scalable on all platforms, which means it would probably have no problem bringing our PC's to it's knees.

That's down to the game dev, not the console. Consoles don't have the cap, the game itself does if it's applied

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  7. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Nothing spectacular.

If anything it looks visually like a step back from Crysis.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    for sure have to remember ;D

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You're talking about Crysis 2 having the 30 fps cap right?

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    You cant scale level design which designed with console limitations in mind. And I bet they don't include super high res textures either.

The only thing better on PC will be some effects including shadows, slightly better textures and higher draw distance at best.

I very much doubt the game will be graphically superior to Crysis 1 for those reasons and I bet there will be loads of posts when it comes out proving just that.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Crysis 2 was never going to have super high res textures or huge open levels anyway, look how much abuse they took for the original Crysis.

It will be hard to compare Crysis2 to the first one, the first one will no doubt be prettier, because its not set in an ugly urban landscape, and i remember how meh the interior stuff in the original Crysis looked anyway.

It obvious they have went for something more scalable and hardware friendly, that would also look visually impressive, and wouldn't have screams of unoptimised crap from every second person.

It's not just console gamers who will benefit from this, but those using more moderate hardware will also find Crysis 2 a better experience.

12. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    Game looks sick.
    I wasn't excited before but now I cant wait!!!!!!!!
    YEAH

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    gameplay looks cool, the different nano suits may actually give MP some variety.... graphics look kinda avg though - I think I will stick with Crysis 1 for my single player eye candy.

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I do agree with you here, but it will still be a little disheartening if I boot this up and the original Crysis remains as one of (if not the) most impressive looking game I have experienced. I thought Crysis 2 would steal the spot straight away, until it was announced on consoles.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well there is no reason why it still won't look better.

As i said the Urban setting might not make it look as "pretty" as the original, but most of us have already saw the CryEngine 3 video's, which themselves are pretty stunning looking and surpass the first game.

16. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    You have a good point. I don't know which graphics engine currently out is the objective "best" from a technical standpoint, but even if Crysis 2 is technically superiour (which I doubt), it will still suffer from not having such an impressive setting. It will be interesting to see what people say about this in reviews.

As for doubting it will be technically better, at the end of the day, Crytek bitch about piracy, and have just moved to consoles with CE3. There is a very good reason it won't look better, and that is money.

I obviously won't bore you with the "consolification" argument of modern gaming, since I think we are probably both above posting arguements each of us has seen a million times on forums like these, and understand the points on both sides. But you can't deny that it is a valid concern, and until we sit down and play the game (or, arguably, start seeing some confirmed PC, highest settings videos or read reviews) we just won't know how much TLC Crytek have given the PC version. I don't think they would let us PC gamers down, but I have been burned before by many a PC dev I held in high regard.

It's going to be interesting, for sure. I will definitely be downloading the demo for my 360 though, since the game does look quite fun to be fair, and I am actually a little hyped, despite how doom and gloom I might sound.

17. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    There was stuff I like and stuff I didn't like.

Sure, it probably won't be the "playable benchmark" that Crysis 1 was, but it looks like Crytek is actually looking at improving the gameplay and scripting.

The music sucks and the auto-knife animation is gay. Dammit, I hate auto-knife bull.

I wonder how accessible this game will be to current-gen hardware? ;)

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Probably moreso, while im sure some will scoff at it because is multi-plat, how many people here really wan to wait until the HD8970 and GTX780 is out before you can play this at 60fps.

Crytek wan't to be able to sell the engine, not just to console developers, but also to PC developers, and i personally think the below looks quite impressive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D-pZzuVWZA

19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I'm watching House at the moment, so haven't bothered with the link. If it is to a CE3 demo video, then yeah, I have seen them all and I am impressed, but I am still impressed with stuff that is done with the Source engine. Thing is, we rarely see such awesomeness in a game, where everything they show off has to be done at the same time, rather than one by one to show off how good they are.

Multi-platform is not neccessarily a bad thing, it just tends to be because of the lack of effort put on the PC, rather than the fact that it is on something other than PC at all.

I definitely didn't want something so hard to play, in terms of hardware needed. But I also don't want something dumbed down simply to get it on consoles, when it is capable of much more on PC. So long as the effort is put in to all versions, there isn't a problem.

It doesn't have to be twice as good looking as the best current game, it just has to look better than it at all. I'm sure that's capable with modern hardware, especially given what Crytek have undoubtably learned from CE2.

I just noticed on some Crysis 2 gameplay vids on GT that grenades are a seperate weapon, needs to be selected and then thrown. I don't know about any of you, but that is seriously worrying. I don't see why they would do that other than because they simply don't have enough buttons on the 360 controller. Let's hope it doesn't make it in to the PC version, or it will just be evidence proving my fears.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Downloading the demo now.