Problems with XFX GTX 260 (216SP) Black Edition *VIDEO*

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ..VeNoM.., Jan 22, 2011.

1. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Hey all, posted here not so long ago regarding issue with my 2 260's in SLI. To better explain the issue I have made a simple video just showing the problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOS35dnyJCs

If you have any ideas then please suggest them to me so I can try and sort this out once and for all.

Thanks,

Todd

2. OneEyedBob

OneEyedBob Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680
    Think you have two different issues there, the whole black screen flicker in BC2 and MoH looks like the bloom issue which is in both BC2 and MoH, set bloom = false in your config files for both games and see if it still happens.

The other issue seems where you just have particular textures flickering, seen something similar with a dodgy sli bridge but could also be a driver issue. I would try reseating both your cards and the sli bridge, preferably try a different bridge as well. Presume you have already tried different drivers, clean installs etc

3. Chris18

Chris18 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260
    My computer is nowhere as good as yours but i think our gtx 260's are set to burn out by this year :( as i am experiencing the same issues. Nvidia and every hardware manufacturer are sly F***ers, just when the warrantys expire your card will self destruct, my brothers phone went dodgy also close to my screen flickers and graphic errors. All in 2011 hmmm. Its all about money and getting new cards im afraid. :(

4. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    I had this exact problem i had to set dx version to look for auto and bam the flickering went away

also you can try deleting everything inside the %temp% folder

it can also be a bloom issue in which case turn it off

dont worry theres nothing wrong with ur card

5. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  6. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970

My first XFX GTX260 Black only lasted 8 about months. The one I got back from their RMA department I traded for my Inwin Maelstrom case but it is still working fine for the guy I traded it to. It cost me $12 to ship them my card and they did offer me a 4890 as a replacement but I declined it.

[RYAN 4/17/2010 1:04:08 AM] We are currently out of stock on your model card. We would like to replace your card with an ATI HD 4890. We are also offering a paid upgrade to an ATI HD 5850 for $100 for customers who would prefer that option. Please let us know if there is any reason that this model card would not work for you.

If I didn't want a 260 back those were my options.

7. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Thanks for your feedback guys. I have tried using different DX modes and the problem still persists. I have tried 2 SLI bridges with the same results. Tried using the older drivers to no avail, even with clean installs. I'll try the bloom setting when I next get on my pc as I hear a lot of people complain about bloom. My support ticket has been open for some time with XFX so if I can't fix it with settings then I'll try rma it if they will still cover me. I can't afford new cards right now as my system cost me a bomb to get it where it is now so new GPUs will have to wait till Christmas at the earliest.

Keep the comments coming guys as I'll try anything.

Thanks and kind regards,

Todd Smith

8. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    XFX uses Crysis as their first test to check for bad cards. If you have it (or can get it) install it and see if you have problems in it. Also try one card at a time and check as well. If one or both turn to have issues in Crysis then you'll probably end up with one or two new cards from XFX.

9. OneEyedBob

OneEyedBob Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680
    Just read your original post, I have seen that exact same MWLL issue before and am certain it is bad/dirty connection, you need to reseat both cards and the sli bridge, while you are at it, clean all the gold connectors with an eraser and blow out the pcie slots. Also make sure you get the sli bridge the right way up, with the tabs pointing down, or try it both ways to be sure, seen this make a difference before.

Still think that bloom setting is your answer on the other flicker as well.

10. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    none of my solutions worked?

weird cause i had the same problem and then a few tweaks after the issue went away

11. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    damn, i have the same issue with MoH. and Bc2 as well, but it happens lot worse in MoH like every few seconds. it all started after i installed the latest driver.
    however i'll try the bloom=false setting.
    will post feedback later. in few days i will have MoH war so i need to get everything prefect.

12. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    My BC2 did the same thing last night, randomly the screen went black for a second.

13. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    What windows you guys using? I have windows 7 64bit.. It might be an o/s issue?.

I have tried 2 SLI bridges and even upside to no avail.. I'm in work now so will try cleaning it tomorrow.

14. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Did you try this?

15. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Yeah tried that and to be honest for some reason the flickers got worse :bang:

Possible hardware fault I'm thinking... tried putting bloom to false and although I think the game looked better I still had the flickers :biggun:

16. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Also just watched my temps whilst playing MOH and it hit 84c max... is that anything to worry about?. The more I look at this the more it looks like my cards are unstable. I have downclocked them to nvidia default settings but it's exactly the same as my XFX factory overclock problems. Getting frustrated about this :'(