266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. Br34ch

Br34ch Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Friendly reminder: As always, I would suggest you contact nVidia's technical support and complain about all the problems you've been having. Even if they're no help (which they typically are), they will escalate your issues to Engineering. This way you can actually get things improved and fixed down the road.

2. funkmunky80

funkmunky80 Member

GPU:
    Palit GF9800GTX+ 512MB
    Windows Experience Index score for my graphics card is up from 6.9 to 7.0 with these... Never seen any drivers make the slightest bit of difference to that :p

Oh well pardon me for still having a 2 year old graphics card and not being able to afford the latest and greatest all the time... I'm currently saving up to buy two 460s (and relegate the 9800 to physx), it will be a while though; I do have more important things to spend money on, like feeding my family, paying the bills etc. But hey, if I ever want to be a trolling little asshat; I'll do my best to be just like you :banana:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    My windows experience index went from 7.7 to 7.9 with these drivers. All in all great drivers for my setup, though I never really had any big problems with previous drivers.

4. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    None here Is a trolling asshat. I used to have a 6200 for more than 5 years with 512MB of RAM. I saved 3 years to buy this system and still I am unsatisfied and everyone knows why. who doesn't like to do troll around telling scores when they spent a fortune on their rig.
    if you really want be to be like me Spend a day in my country where buying a $100 video card is like renting an appartment for a month.

5. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Waiting to Get the Dead space 2 running on these drivers

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    About 85% either think this driver set is better or as good as last driver release which is pretty good in my books! 15% claim it is worse which I find hard to beleive. So this tells me 15% of people here have no clue how to build a gaming PC lol...

7. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Gave me a 7.6 for a single GTX460...

8. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    that would be a overstatement you could say they might have messed up something else as well like the drivers or BIOS settings or even the hardware out of frustation to fix the video card issue since the last 6 months.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

yep 263.09whql2 are stutter free in L4d2, its not the fastest driver but its very smooth, its better than 263.06tesla and allot better than 265.90:nerd:

10. triskele10

triskele10 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE
    After a little gaming or 2 times 3Dmark 06 the driver falls into 2d mode and stays there.A reboot doesn't help. When I go back to 260.99 the problem is fixed.

11. djjtrip

djjtrip Guest

GPU:
    gts250 (oc) 9500gt
    FAIR WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRIVER SET!!! ive been having massive problems since i installed it 2 days ago... first it was nvidia driver failing in kombustor then i, uninstalled, ran driversweeper, and deleted all leftovers my self.. took about 3hrs tracking everything nvidia down on my pc.. they hide the same files in numerous places, and thier remove old drivers and do fresh install is BS.. doesnt remove anything. I read a post that any driver past 256 release has had new stuff added that 3rd party manufacturers like or lovely Guru here, hasnt had the chance to put compatability in thier programs for it yet... but the post was old... and i checked a few of the progs like afterburner, evga precision, and ntune , vtune , rivatuner, almost all i could find, none are seemingly stable enough to oc anything, and half the time you have to reboot and reapply your settings b/c they dont stick

12. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    FAIR WARNING!!!

Stay away from this numpty's post.

Just because your system is borked, don;t go blaming it on the best driver set in a LONG time.

Most of us have 0 problems with this driver set. Good IQ, good solid performance, and stable.

You have older cards, so maybe that's why. You stick to an older set, but don't encourage others who may not know any better to miss this set.

13. djjtrip

djjtrip Guest

GPU:
    gts250 (oc) 9500gt
    ehh true that my stuff is old. cant wait for taxes =)
    but if they push the driver out and include older products it should still be just as stable as it was before imo possibly even more

Edit : any possible reason that since the new install of all nvidia drivers my MSI Kombustor only uses the nvoglv32 driver, even in directx

14. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

maybe you've got seriously fubared AA bits or something.
    no difference between 2xAA and 16xQAA....Geez~~ awesome in a sense :grin2:

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Or 15% of people play games that the 85% don't.

I'm in the 85%, but it looks like your showing your inexperience if you think something will work exactly the same for the near infinite amount of hardware or software combinations.

16. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Older cards hmmm well i have sli 460's and these drivers freaking suck i roll back to the 260.99 and all is well so whats that tell ya einstein.So just to let you 85% know i called nvidia was on the phone with them for a hour and they flat out said there are issues with this driver and different configs and they are working on the fixes .And for the troll that says most of us dont know how to build a gaming rig. LOL buddy ive forgotten more than you will prob ever know.People cant even hardly post on this forum anymore with out some 14 yr old troll telling them their rig sucks or they dont know what the hell they are doing pffftt.

17. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    tried those and im stuck at 3d mode, did clean install with Driver Sweeper - same, tried again same, tried 260.99 same....looks like 258 goin back to my love...or im missing something ? Is there any fix ?

Fixed, refresh rate stuck @ 59Hz where should be 60Hz, changed and workin fine :)

18. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Yea, Steelcowboy and I are having the same issue. It just lags like hell with those drivers. I'm back on 263,14 where everthing seems fine (knocking on wood!).

19. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Question:

This driver really have a problem with HDMI and HDTV users ?

I use my system on my plasma 42, and i have read somewhere that it cause some troubles to HDMI and HDTV users, something about the scaling and/or audio.

True?

I wanna try it, but if this driver really have this issue i will have to pass.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  20. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Yes i have a 3D monitor Setup with Nvidia 3D Vision + 1 extra Glasses.

I think this game game can only run at 60 FPS and not higher.

Strange on my Computer the Game Mass Effect 1 will never go higher then
    60 fps, and also never go lower then 60 fps, so how do i get him higher then
    60 fps, i know 60 fps is more then enough, but if i want to get higher fps
    how can i do that?

Update: what i can read on the Internet is that Mass Effect is locked at
    60 fps, and thats why i cannot go higher then 62 fps.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011