Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    whoever knowns.......

2. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    i assume your asking about overiding flags in dx10 or dx11? as said earlier, unless the few flags you can see in inspector work for you, that actually exist for dx10, your out of luck. the majority of AA flag overides exist for dx9.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey how many of you guys disable in game AA with override??

I never do...haven't had a problem tho...

4. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I always do it. in some games you can get an additional performance hit, or one or the other just gets cancelle out. it might not be 100% necessary, but its a nice way to confirm that your overide actually works + its a precaution. easier to troubleshoot stuff when you can be 100% certain that sometihng is not affecting the results. when you have both AA on, you can't be sure that theyre not overlapping in some way.

5. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yes, that has the strange effect of both bogging the game down, and reducing the AA effectiveness (jaggies come back even with in-game set to 6x). Some sort of interference between the game and the drivers going on.

Override has no effect at all to either changing the in-game AA or slowing the system down. That's why I was hoping for a DX9 compatibility code for Wings of Prey.

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Since i don't have the game, i can't do the testing for you.

i would start with trying out the newest flags discovered, like the one for dead space, time shift, bad company 2 dx 9, need for speed, saboteur, ghost recon.

if all else fails, try out a supersampling flag like stalker, maybe the staarcraft 2 flag.

i could help more if i knew what graphics engine the game uses,b ut im not getting any info from a small google search.

If you manage to find one that works, you will be a contributor to the guide :)

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The "enhance" option works for me as soon as I use a profile assigned to the "acess.exe" or whoever it's called. I don't know what the original profile is connected too but it never seemed to work for me.
    WoP looks absolutely stunning with 2x2 SSAA, forcing AF also was a bit too much though (textures looked a little oversharpened and almost started to flicker).

8. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    forcing vsinc doesent work in Dead Space properly. after some time the fps start to jump up and down. does anyone know how to properly force vsinc?

9. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    I use D3D overrider, but it doesnt work with 266.58 drivers ....

It worked with the 266.35 set ... ;0)

I also get these wierd FPS drops in Dead Space when the aa profile is added ...

10. Viscerous

Viscerous Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 2080 SUPER
    I haven't encountered any issues using D3DOverrider in conjunction with 266.58.

11. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Its only for Dead Space i have these problems ... ;0)

12. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    have you disabled in game sync and nvidia control panel v-sync? might be some kind of conflict.

i find it strange that drivers could change something with the way d3d overide works because it deals directly with directx code itself.

in any case a weird issue.

13. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    I have disabled Vsync in game and in NV control panel .... :)

Well i really dont know what the problem is (just hope its not the same when Dead Space 2 comes out) ;0)

14. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yes, the profile is for access.exe, but I don't see it adding anything in to the base game in Enhance Application mode. Maybe it's because I'm running it in XP?

I just had another thought. Perhaps it's my TH2Go (3840 x 1024) preventing anything involving SSAA from working. That hasn't been the case with other games, but who knows?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  15. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    updated the OP :)

17. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Hello everybody, hope all is well. QQ? I installed grid and I wanted to force 32xaa in nvcp but it has no affect in game. But max in game aa is 16xQaa. Do I need to use the inspector tool to force 32aa? Or am I not forcing it correctly with nvcp? The method I used was turning off aa in game and force 32aa with nvcp but it's a no go. Please advise. Thank you

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    there is no AA compatibilty flag for dirt in the nvidia drivers by default.

I would try using the enhance AA option and apply it onto the in game AA.

if not, then you will have to test out different AA flags and hope one works for dirt.

19. Tyrael-D3

Tyrael-D3 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 XT
    hmm, anything to make Rift look sweet, maybe a few different settings i could try out :) thank you

20. pincopallino

pincopallino Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670 DC II
    For me the flag F0C1 doesn't work in Wolfenstein ...
    GTX 460 with 260.99/266.58 in Win7 x64

any suggestions? how have i to configure AA - Behavior Flags, AA - mode and other settings?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011