266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Hi Alex! Sorry you had a rough introduction to the forum! Lets start over here. Welcome aboard!

As to the problem your having, when the mouse freezes, is you HHD light on your tower coming on solid while it happens? I've seen a similar scenario to yours after a driver update before that wasn't really the driver itself causing it so much as it's interaction with another problem on the system. MS Security Essentials is one of the offending pieces of software that CAN freak out on this new driver. I've also seen AVG lock the system for a few seconds as it figured out everything was okay.

If you have either of these programs, try disabling them for awhile to see if the problem continues.

2. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    Well after being able to test these finally its just another poor driver release from Nvidia. Massive Micro-stuttering in almost every title on the Nvidia Surround setup. Games like LFD, LFD2, TF2 all have the worst ammount of microstuttering almost making the game unplayable, reverting back to 263.09 and the problem goes away in every title.

On my notebook, still getting the Black Screen crash on the 8800M GTS. Nvidia has now reached the poor state of driver releases that AMD/ATI is in. Need 3DFX back....

3. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Don't make me cry. I miss them too. :bang:

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    yeah the 265.90 quads are better.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i played BFBC2 SP the other day and sometimes it quits to desktop after 5-10 deaths lol-_- usually in dx11 mode.. its not so frequent on auto mode.

@Hapatingjaky

yea i also saw some occasional stutter in L4d2 and i dont use surround,

idk it was random but it looked like a small hard cut for a micro second and then ok again, repeated around 15-30min (valve console looked fine, no red text in that time).. i almost thought its my cpu or north bridge voltage to low, but it was fine in other games like COD waw or BFBC2.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  6. alexutzuro

alexutzuro Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7970 3GB @1125/1575
    Issue resolved by installing the latest setpoint 6.20 driver from logitech website.

Every time i searched for setpoint driver on the website, i first chose my kit (MX5000) and then it showed me setpoint 4.80 as being the latest driver for my kit on win7. But now i chose MX5500 as being my kit and... surprise.... it installed and is now working without a glitch! :D

I'd like to thank all of you from my heart, as you all tried to help, sorry i couldn't get back earlier but i was reading and i was busy trying everything you guys said :D

And i'm really really glad to be part of this forum :)

archie123 AND Moshing ---> Thanks for sticking up for me you guys !!! :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Dude your pathetic you need to stop posting and you need a good ass kicking.

8. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I get 7.8 with this new Driver for my Geforce GTX 460 1GB SLI.

9. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Those Scores are crap. The last time I was on 260.89 they showed me 7.2 and switching to 260.99 gave me 7.5. although there was negligible difference in the game.

10. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    I started the Game Yesterday using infiltrator The Sniper control seems dodgy.
    BTW How many frames did you get .I get around 45 to 60 with all settings maxed out at 1920x1080.

11. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I get 60+ when i use the newest Fraps, i do not know how to set it so he will
    go more then 60+, i have a 120 Hertz Monitor so it has to be no problem?

Also with no VSync, i have only 62 FPS.

Yes i have all on max (no grain) 1920x1080 and 8x Anisotropic filtering and 4x
    Antialiasing and and 4x Antialiasing Transparency.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  12. alexutzuro

alexutzuro Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7970 3GB @1125/1575
    No...i was wrong... the mouse lag is not caused by logitech driver, it's definetly forceware 266.58!!!

So anyone experiencing the same symptoms it's the video driver. Just reinstalled the beta ones and it stops lagging.

Anyways, for now i'll stick with 266.58 as it doesn't lag in-game and gives out most frame rates. :D

13. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    So specifically Your SLI setup does not provide any noticeable difference. Or the game has been optimized to be enjoyed at those frames ?
    Well either way it's fine and the Game really rocks .

you have a 3D monitor Setup I suppose?

14. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I suppose sli isnt working as it should, because on my e8500 and a gtx260 with me2 i had fps well above 60 and like 50 in presence of a large amount of details.
    Naturally the game was maxed out @ 1080p, but at the time i was using 258.96 whql.

15. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    When you say well above 60 can you give us a approximate number.
    IMO even if that's above 70 that surely makes a huge impact.

16. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    I am using 266.58 release and Logitech's 4.82.11 release and all is aok.

17. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    I think the second one is much better.

18. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Youre right, i hadnt the time to dig benches as they where on my ext hdd.

Well here they are,already told you the settings.

Was benched with fraps, dont remember what version thought. I can confirm that i was using 258.96whql and a gtx260 sp216 @ 640/1400/1250.
    E8500 is still clocked at 4,27ghz, system is the same.

min fps: 45
    max fps: 68
    avg fps: 63

Iirc i did this in that city where you have to talk and take sidequests (the one with the big lounge bar/privee, i dont remember the name).
    I suppose it should do better than my benches a system with quad and a newer gtx?
    I can post more detailed things when i come back home, im at work and just typed on the fly with my phone and my benches in remote (vnc rox lol).

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Meh... 16xQAA looks like crap with these too.

20. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    @KingpinZero
    Thanks for the Detailed Info.
    68 frames is quite Okay , However considering the fact the 460 must be more powerful that the 260 we should expect better performance.
    Please try to install the game with these new drivers again if time permits and check if they make in any difference.
    That would surely tell if the 266.XX is really good compared to the 256.XX version of drivers or it remains the fact that 400 series still cannot outsmart the 200 series with these drivers.
    Your 5850 is better than the GTX 460 so it would be also interesting to see if it beats it .