MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Please try it and hope it helps, thanks.

1. Edit MSIAfterburner.cfg
    2. Change AllowCaptureVoltageDefaults from 0 to 1
    3. Run Kombustor in windowed mode
    4. Press <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Shift> + <V> to capture voltage
    5. Done!

2. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    adjust the GPU1 voltage also control the GPU2 voltage. There is no need to control GPU2 voltage on HD 5970 or 4870X2 because technically both GPU are seen as one GPU in some parts in BIOS and hardware.

3. megvadulthangya

megvadulthangya Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5970/GigabyteGTS450
    Hell no!! Look at the pics again pls! look at the two GPUZ where sensors windows is opened.... VDCC Voltage is the gpu voltage! U can see at Asrock not set correctly stayed on default 1.0500v under it 1.0750

4. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    megvadulthangya: Try uninstalling MSI Afterburner and ATi's drivers, reboot to safe mode, and run driver sweeper. Reboot back to Windows and reinstall CCC 10.11, reboot, and then reinstall Afterburner. When I had my HD 5970, driver issues were the most-often cause of issues. I could use the card with CCC 10.5a, but everything between that and 10.11 did not function properly. (I never tried 10.12.) In my case, Afterburner could control the voltage of either core of the HD 5970 separately or in tandem. As to you your images, I have no idea what is in them, as neither is loading.

5. megvadulthangya

megvadulthangya Guest

GPU:
    I have tryed what u wrote... i tryed 10.5-to 10.12 3 version of afterburner. Thats not a sw problem... Or maybe the afterburners problem? u see that? another board is just fine. with same windows. Fresh installed w is just the same.:bang:

6. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    No, I do not see that. As I said, your images do not load here. If it works with one motherboard but not the other, I would place the blame in the broken motherboard. Ask the manufacturer to release a new chipset driver and / or BIOS. As it is not MSI, you likely will not have much luck here. As I said, it worked perfectly fine on my 890FX-equipped board.

7. megvadulthangya

megvadulthangya Guest

GPU:
    Im not asking u. But i alredy did that what u wrote... Who makes the Afterburner? MSI. Which program is not working ok...? The afterburner.... XFX Overvolt tool is vorking ok but thats only 1.1625v can set...

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Mate, you are requesting MSI to to get your XFX product properly working, move on please thanks.

9. megvadulthangya

megvadulthangya Guest

GPU:
    All HD5970 have the same main bios!!! Have msi HD5970 the same bug with this board!!! And im still dont ask u 2.

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

You are right, it's the software not anything related to you, best of luck though !

11. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Okay, your images finally load. The card works perfectly in the Gigabyte board, but does not work in the ASRock board correct? Same exact hardware and drivers otherwise? Then the problem lies in your ASRock board I would guess...

But to be sure, have you tried disabling ULPS? Have you tried un-synchronizing the GPUs and adjusting their voltages independently? Have you ensured to check both the voltage monitoring and voltage control checkboxes?

12. Anvirol

Anvirol Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    BUG Report AB 2.1.0.B6:
    Reset button doesn't sync on all GPUs. Only my first GPU in 6950 CFX gets proper reset to default clocks.

Reset button not working as intended in CFX

Same behaviour happened with my previous 5870 CFX setup and older Afterburner 2.1.0 b5

And yes I've turned Synchronize Settings on.

Also using profile hotkeys only applies clocks to first GPU adapter.
    ATI Tray Tools overclock profile hotkeys apply as intended, so it's most likely not driver related.

13. megvadulthangya

megvadulthangya Guest

GPU:
    What is ULPS? Thats default win installed drivers and afterburner. Im tryed the un-synchronized settings.... but the second gpu have missing the voltage option in asrock.... means cannot set it... I tryed this with Giga UD3R and both gpu have voltage control dontknowwhat.... so i can set separetaly the v. GPU1 GPU2

Telljes méret means full size.

14. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Ultra-Low Power Savings. In short, the Catalyst driver shuts off the second graphics card entirely when it is not needed. It is known to cause problems in many systems. By default, it is on, but fortunately, it is very easy to turn off. Only change from the "ControlSet001\Control\Class\" folders, leave the "ControlSet001\Control\Video\" ones alone. You only need to modify two DWORDs, and then you will be done. Remember to reboot after any registry change.

15. MSI NGTX 470

MSI NGTX 470 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 470
    hi again
    i think there is a bug in the 2.0.0 and the 2.1.0 Beta 6
    my MSI N470 GTX M2D12 name is display as MSI N470 GTX Twin Frozer Power Edition II
    and when i try the 2.1.0 Beta 6 the name changed to MSI N470 power Edition II

the Unlock voltage is not working even in the 2.1.0 beta 6 it freez the System when i
    check it

and the Auto Fan speed is so silly it dont reach more than 66% even when my
    VGA reach 88-90 C

so i hope at first Fix the VGA name in next Version and try to make the Auto fan
    run more Effictive when the VGA get hot
    thanks in Advance

and if is there any Confirm release date for the Full 2.1.0 it would be nice to know
    soory for bad English

16. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    I cannot help with the voltage, but have you tried making a custom fan profile? This is what I use:

[​IMG]
    (If it fails to load, waypoint at 30%/50º, 50%/70º, and 100%/100º C.)

It gives the best balance of silence and temperatures, the hottest of my three GPUs (I believe that is the top HD 6970, but it could be the sandwiched one) gets up to 86º C maximum under FurMark. Granted, I have 2x HD 6970 and a GTX 285, none of which match your card, but it should give you a good idea of where to start from. (The curve was different when I had HD 5970 + GTX 285 since the cards were not adjacent and got more airflow.)

17. belleraphon

belleraphon Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD5770 1gig ddr5
    mine did the same then i just uninstalled ccc to solve the problem

18. deresko

deresko New Member

GPU:
    Tseng ET6000
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  19. deresko

deresko New Member

GPU:
    Tseng ET6000
    Found from where user got it.
    I've duplicated the user's issue.
    Seems he got it from here:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Afterburner-2.1.0-Beta-6_d2604.html

Last 2 mirrors "Download (Europe)" and "Download (Sweden)",
    you will get the AB zip archive with .com extension....

http://194.71.11.69/pub/games/PC/guru3d/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup210Beta6-[Guru3D.com

http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=2604&file=5&evp=c1c4ade657e743ea71eed58592e6e619

Looks like the file names isn't full,[or cut off, because of too long link? or just forgotten/messed up name by uploader],
    and it's downloading the file with .com extension..

The 1st download option [Download (External/Author)] is fine,[which point to msi web]
    others 2 mirrors are not.["Download (Europe)","Download (Sweden)"]

Tested with latest FF, IE, or IDM manager, with all the same results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So it would be good if those mirrors are corrected,
    else users will continue to complain that AB is not compatible with 64bit OS,
    like its happends when you double click on the downloaded file from one of the mirrors or if they are running 32bit OS,
    nothing will hapend when they double click on this ".com" file

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  20. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Beta6 crashes DX9 games on startup

As i fear my post gets lost and/or unnoticed next to all those "my Always-Trouble-Inside gpu doesn't oc" postings, i'd like to quote myself from the Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta6 Thread:

@msi-afterburner and Unwinder

Hi, I'm having a quite specific issue with the OSD of Beta6. After upgrading from Beta5, every DX9 game crashes immediately after startup. I tried CoD WaW and Black Ops, C&C3 and NFS HP 2010 and they all crash without further details, just telling me that the app has stopped working.
    OpenGL games like Q3 and Riddick Assault on Dark Athena are working fine and flawlessly, DX10 & 11 games (i tested Crysis, Just Cause 2, Bioshock, 3DMark11) too.
    It seems to be related to the OSD server as renaming RTSS.exe and RTSSWrapper.exe fixes the problem, all DX9 games mentioned above are running fine again as long as the Beta6 OSD server isn't running.

So I uninstalled Beta6, went back to Beta5 and everything's back to normal. All DX9 apps are working again with the Beta5 OSD server running in the background.

Let me know if i can provide you with further details and any help.

My System: GTX 470, FW266.58, Win7 x64 SP1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.