AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  2. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I got an increase in 3dmark11 with oced hd5850. It goes up to 4100 ;)
    About the others,well with 3dmark06 i got a few points less. Was 20089 now 19259.
    Go figure. Anything else is a big boost here.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Good to hear :)

4. moriz

moriz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 5850 (900/1200)
    not really sure if this is related to this driver, but i noticed a weird mouse cursor slowdown/flickering if i position it on the top right corner. it makes closing windows a bit of a pain. running dual monitors btw.

considering that i noticed a slightly different cursor related issue with the 6870, i believe it is related to AMD drivers again.

5. shane_p

shane_p Member

GPU:
    590GTX HYDRO COPPER CLASS
    finally some progress here in driver bench performance
    for my TRIFIRE rig:

DRIVERS for Mark 11
    10.5 = 12,000
    10.12 = 8,500 (10.6 to 10.11 all the same)
    11.1 = 13,400

Metro 2033 FPS are up huge as well (10-20FPS in most areas), MAFIA 2, NFP HP well no change really (but I stay well over 60FPS in those anyhow)

all in all some awesome work from AMD here in these drivers

gotta bench 3D Vantage when I get home

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  6. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I don't know why but these drivers seem to make the gpu run at 99% even when it's in idle 2D mode. It doesn't occur all the time but has occured a few times for me.

I'm changing back to the RC 16 dec drivers.

7. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Why do you defend ati with such vigor but say you own green? Where is the motive there? My 260 ran better and a lot smoother with dual monitors than this ati ever has ... beta or not.

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Some people just don't like others for bashing on something without using common sense, and some people just don't need any ulterior motives to do so, regardless of whatever cards are currently being installed.

9. Quantum 3Dfx

Quantum 3Dfx Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5970 + Nvidia GTS 250
    I too had temp issues with 11.1 card was running hotter than normal, Now I am using afterburner to control the fan.

Heat issues gone...

funny thing is before these 11.1 drivers I couldn't OC the card that much. stock speed for 5970 is 725,1000..even with afterburner and overvolt my machine would reboot if card got too hot.

I dont think this was a afterburner issue cause I would hear the fan spinning like mad when the temps go up, but the machine would reboot regardless.

Now with 11.1 this does not happen anymore, my card temps are cooler than before using afterburner, also I can overvolt and overclock, with temps staying in the low 60s

Don't know what they did because without afterburner the card runs hot, with it it runs cool.

I guess I am using afterburner from now on.

btw...temps are 56c with overclock idle and 70c max load and my room temp is about 68f

I am using a nice custom fan profile i made up for the 5970 with afterburner.

5970CFX finally showing its power 120FPS in F1 2010 with all graphics options in game set to max is just insane..

10. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    Good peformance drivers

but Vsync + MSAA is broken

I've already send feedback to AMD

11. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    Sometimes stuttering is caused by bad overclock i CPU or GPU

It happened to me

12. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Ati is still trying to fix problems from 2008, by the time they want to fix the 6900 series, 7000 series will be out, and they will drop support. If you like AMD or ATI, good for you, keep using them.....

EDIT: only reason i am using the 6950's because they were free. They are being sold.

13. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    OMG you should so be a comedian, can i be like you? "troll" you are so original, awesome bro, props to you, you can go into the bathroom, look into the mirror, and slap yourself for a job well done.

14. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

very good driver all my probleme with 10.12 gone exept the 2d 3d clock bug (2d clock change to 3d clock in desktop when wallpaper change in slid show mode):3eyes:

15. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    did a clean install with ds n the rest , iq looks good , seems really smooth diver so far , good performance blah blah

however i did see the claim that 1920 x 1200 with 4 x msaa has a 20% increase , funny because i tried this out i usually use ssaa but was curious , i saw no real improvement in fps since last time i tried 4 x msaa but did notice with msaa on nuketown map the grass shimmers and looks awful

reverted back to ssaa and all is well again

3dmark 11 same as 10.10e and 10.12 preview same as 3dmark 06 , not tried the new tess feature yet

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here , after 3 BSOD trying to load windows i had to use system restore :( and uninstall all the ATI drivers and re-install 10.11 from Asus CD that came with the card , now everything back to normal ( I tried to install this drivers 4 times and they just keep on giving me BSOD or black screen while trying to enter windows ) , Maybe its my Raid0 array or my old W7 x64bit Installation or my Raid Card Areca 1231ML 4GB , no idea. I will try on a fresh OS install Non Raid0 drive and no Raid Card to check them out.

17. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    After unlocking unofficial overclock in MSI AB, trying to change overclock profile locks my computer completely! Anyone with this problem? Only with 11.1 beta.

18. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Home rig has 2x460's, on a 120hz monitor that refuse to idle at their lowest power state at that refresh rate. Office rig has 6970 that had no issues on that same monitor.

Anybody who says Nvidia are problem free when it comes to drivers are talking crap. Anybody who says AMD are problem free when it comes to drivers are talking crap too.

Simple as. There will never be the perfect driver made by anybody.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Couldn't agree more, both are the same imo, waste of time saying your going to go Nvidia as your sick of driver problems, as you'll get them with them as well, so really, what you should be saying is, im getting a console, as that is the only way you will have no driver problems :)

20. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    haha sorry rich guy but that made me do a little pee lol, Ive played a ton of games on ps3 that are either buggy as hell or stuttery as hell, not sure on the sh*tbox360, shift on ps3 was a joke, id say unplayable and mercs2 was a bug fest with disapearing textures etc. Consoles need a new 11.1a catalyst driver lmao so I tink its fair to say that everything is broken and everything sucks lol :)