AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah don't take any notice of the Catalyst Version in BETA's, just check the Driver Packaging Version, if it says 8.82.2, then you do have these 11.1a's on :)

2. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    All righty it's finally here. Let me give it a try.

3. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    No, it doesnt. I have both cards right now and have an RMA to send back my HD 6970. Even with the new drivers from ATI the GTX 570 is still noticeably faster, especially when both cards are overclocked.

4. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Odd my cataylyst version is still called 10.11 even though it's 11.1 here.

5. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    can someone else more confirm this? i want a huge upgrade over my 4870.
    thx in advance

6. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

YEa MerolaC Ur Trying to Help i Knw that, I'm Using SAMSUNG 20" 2033SW Plus TFT Monitor , When Trying to enable EDID, Screen turns Pink, and I dont want to enable EDID, So What Does this DO....

7. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Yeah Rich_Guy Bottom right of the screen Why is it like that, i think it's switching to Optimal Resolution or Something, doesn't happened with previous drivers, Anyway u saved me, i thought Card prblm...

8. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
  9. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Well, keep in mind I do have both cards right here in my room and have tested them back to back with multiple games using the latest drivers for both cards. I have no reason to be biased as I could keep either one but am going with the GTX 570 simply due to the fact that the card is faster over all, especially in the min FPS department and the drivers for nvidia are in much better shape right now than ATI's.

I can understand though if you would like more opinions but be sure to get some unbiased opinions from people who have had time with both cards.

10. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    On average the 570 is somewhat faster than the 6970. It depends on the game, some games favor the 6970 and some games favor the 570. My overclocked and unlocked 6950 is very close to an overclocked 570 that a friend has.

The main difference is physx and faster tessellation engine in the 570.

But the prices have dropped on the 6970 last 2 weeks which would make it a tempting choice.

I replaced my overclocked 4890 with my new 6950 that I reflashed and overclocked (920/1450) and it's more than twice as fast. I'm extremely happy with the purchase. In fact, this 6950 is my best GFX upgrade since I got the 8800GT.

If you have the extra money I'm certain the 570 @ £284 will make you happy. If you want to save money, the 6950 @ £239 is a great choice. The cheapest 6970 is £288 which makes it more expensive than the 570 and I would go for the 570 over the 6970 at that price.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    lol,typo, its 1 :) ( i just went to put in the number as 2 is out soon and got it wrong :banana: )

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  12. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
  13. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    yeah death samurai im getting 22000 easy, yours should be giving me the shoop-de-whoop lol, if you sold your gear you could get a nice price on an i7 1156 setup, your ram has gone up in value so they will cover a lot of it, I sold 4gb (1gb sticks) reapers for £60 not so long ago ;)

14. MDewy

MDewy Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5650M Bios OCed
    Can someone please reupload the mobility version because there is something wrong with the link

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah looks that way, it looks like its switching just as that starting windows screen is about to go off, so as it switches, you see it scatter for a split second before it disappears. :)

16. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    This is epic driver, with 10.12 i get 6700p in 3DM11, but with this i get 7K.(default):banana:
    The bug with 100% load on desktop is the reason to roll back to 10.11 :(

17. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Lots of reviews that say the cards are fairly neck and neck, with the 6970 maybe a touch faster on its first set of drivers

Or, there's a random forum dude with hyperbole.

Take your pick! :banana:

18. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Like your little pot shot there, lol. Anyway, the reviews more times than not dont always tell the whole story and its been that way for years now. I often take them with a grain of salt and purchase cards from both companies to compare for myself and then send back the one that was the least impressive and in this case that would be the HD 6970.

The FPS is much more consistent across the board with the GTX 570, especially in the min fps department, just one of many things that the reviewers often neglect to tell you about.

19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    According to you posts you have owned every recent card under the sun, a 480, 580 and now a 570; on the ATI side a 5870, 6870 and 6970. Yet you have only ever posted negatively about ATI products and how your replacing them with an Nvidia product magically always fixes them; every time.

20. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I was anxious, made a restore point, and installed these drivers, then reinstalled nvidia quadro 265.90, physX 514, and 4ff patch. 2x 6950 unlocked + 465 GTX PhysX - 3 GPUS all good.

Things still effing broken compared to 10.12a RC3 on the same setup:

RatGPU opencl renderer - does not officially support 6900 series but now actually renders with errors before crashing out. Previously just locked up the entire system on render.
    Maxon Cinebench 11.5 - opengl quality render errors at 87.4% while old database says a 4870 gets 95+?!?! But CFX is working even with the errors.
    GpuCapsViewer - now all 2.1 opengl tests are broken whereas only some broke in the previous version!!! OpenCL tests works with Stream 2.3 installed.
    Doom 3 1.3.1 still cannot detect available resolution for me. Is there a source port out yet?
    Eduke will still crash after playing for a few minutes
    Uniengine Heaven's 1.2 opengl does not work for me. It tries to launch then goes into a browser page with 404? DX9,10,11 works as usual. Previous driver worked but FPS was in low teens maxed out. With or without tesselation, it was low teens on my setup.
    GTA4 and EFLC still cannot detect proper resolution or correct vid mem with CFX on. Have to force -norestrict in commandline.txt

Working or FIXED:
    AMD CCC2 installer now works for 6900 owners. Previous CCC2 stand alone package installer was non functional. You had to manually install each exe to make it work. Who the heck actually QC'ed that?

Directcomputebenchmark -- doubled the performance with Stream 2.3 opencl drivers installed vs previous driver!
    Fluidmark still the same but working physX, no conflicts.
    OCCT 3.1 can test the gpu but still cannot test memory... might be app issue

Working or FIXED, even with forced 16xAF, 8xSSAA, vsync off

GTA3, VC, SA and now detects proper resolution with CFX! 3 and SA was broken with 10.12a RC3 CFX on and forced into 800x600. All 3 gives me insane FPS now... 3,VC = 150-400 FPS, SA gets down to 80-150 FPS.

Also, enbseries works in all 3 but enabling SSAO still shows transparent polygons so must be an enb issue.

GTA 4 and EFLC performance in CFX has improved significantly and a lot LESS stuttering, once you force settings... it is half working now so AMD just need to make sure it detects properly in CFX so it can manage vid mem better and not run out of memory. Single card does detect correct vram and adjust accordingly.

GTA 4 with enbseries now do not have corrupted textures if enbseries SSAO is on when CCC forces AA. In 10.12a RC3, ccc had to profile and turn off AA / set to application or it will corrupt enb modified gta 4 /eflc.

WOLFenstein ET (opengl) works! No issues
    Penumbr Overture works
    Land of the Dead (UE2 engine) works
    Borderlands works - but it seems it cannot detect it is a UE3 game so no AA, even when forced in ccc2?
    Half Life 1, 2, CSS, alway worked even with forced settings in ccc.

More testing later but so far so good AMD. I have some faith in you guys now... lets fix the opengl issues, and stuttering in Heaven's Benchmark in DX9 and I would be a happy camper. 6 days to go!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011