Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, May 30, 2010.

1. JumperR

JumperR Master Guru

GPU:
    GtX 570 @ 900/1950
    BF will beat COD soon. :)

2. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Only if the kiddies avoid it, which i doubt.

3. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    BC2 will die the moment BF3 is released, just the way EA planned.

$$ KA-CHING $$

4. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I dont know, I dont think the cod crowd that migrated will dig the larger maps.

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Guys, has any one been experiencing "connection has been lost" error when you try to load into a server on Vanilla BC2? Couldnt connect at all last night, and just tried again now and same problem. Strange thing is i can jump straight into a vietnam server?

6. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Yep have it all week. Seems to work for quite a while, then the error

On the hack thing, another guy las night aim botting. There were only about 10 people on, and he had a k/d of 95:1 or so. Really sad. He even admitted it.

Got screens so will report him.

7. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    -Bad Company 2 goes on sale over Christmas
    -Master server becomes overloaded due to large influx of players
    -EA's response is to basically ignore the problem and wait for a large number of people to abandon the game.

:thumbup:

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Since it is subsription based they don't really care if someone abandons it as long as he bought it. Don't know if it's the same with the ''license'' server companies buy to have a server, but I think there too it's a one time pay only.

9. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    all the time

10. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    oddly i never experience this problem as much as u guys. not saying i hasnt, but i've seen this error like so rare.

11. pooley

pooley Guest

GPU:
    xfx r9 fury
    Yeah it happened to me a couple of days a go, was ok after I restarted the game.

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yes, ive not really seen it up until the last couple of days when its been happening consistently.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Reporting him will not matter as screenies can be photoshopped,this is why Evenbalance dont use screenies as evidence,they will only act if the hack interferes with PB.

They used to act on high killsteaks and padded stats but they dont even do that now.

14. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Well BF 3 better be something special, cause these new BC 2 maps rule and will keep me going for 12-18 months.

Dunno if i wanna buy BF 3 with these new maps being quite good.

15. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Assuming BF3 is more like BF2, I would say that it is indeed worth the money.

THAT BEING SAID, I like BC2. A lot. I also like BF2. A lot. Kind of on par with each other in different ways for me. I just miss large maps, 32 vs. 32 player maps, commanders, BEING ABLE TO SWITCH WEAPON MODES (this drives me nuts in BC2), mod support, and prone (but I understand why it isn't there in BC2, with the horrible amount of snipers online).

Jets added a cool dynamic too, but I pretty much avoided flying them. Oddly enough, I was a much better helicopter pilot in BF2 than I am in BC2.

In BC2, I'm fond of the superior graphics, the epic destructibility (this I like a ton - it really sets the series apart), better sounds (the best I've ever heard), Rush mode, and the humor-filled-doesn't-take-it-self-seriously campaign.

The fact that DICE is not supporting XP or DirectX 9 gives me a lot of hope. I'm trying to be optimistic here for a great shooter that finally gets back into making the best of the PC, and helping keep obsolete technologies out of use.

- PR-0927

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Surprisingly the lack of prone does not bother me in BC2. When I look back at BF2 the one thing that always pissed me off was the exploit people would use that is now known as "dolphin diving". It was so bad in BF2 that I lost interest in the game. In BC2 this is never an issue as there is no prone and actually, I have found crouch to be good enough really. As for too many snipers? I don't think this is true at all. The issues is this: This is jungle warfare for the most part and one skilled sniper can cause major problems for a rushing force that just blindly runs through the jungle trying to cap flags. The real issue is people are not acting the right way in the jungle. In the jungle you need to be moving SLOWLY, hiding all the time. Snipers have never been a problem with these types of games, it’s the idiots that rush ahead and try to act like Elvis firing off there loud M60's...

When I am online if you want to be a fool and rush forward without using your head, I will put a bullet in it from either my SVD or my SVU... :)

17. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Wild guess, but if BF3 is a DX11 exclusive perhaps we will see tessellated terrain. ;)

18. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I agree partially, but I have to disagree on the sniper thing. This game is riddled with WAY too many. Too many CoD newbies. And I can't tell you how many games I've seen end in the defenders' favor on rush mode, because the entire enemy team, save one or two people, were playing as snipers, sitting on their asses (best time when upon winning, some guy on my team wrote "oh, the much feared SNIPER RUSH!" - I got a laugh out of that one).

Battlefield has always been about teamwork - snipers aren't the best at the whole team-player thing by their nature, and those who play as snipers never seem to help the team.

- PR-0927

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Just an observation here, but has anyone else noticed that the M416 with weapon handling perk and red dot is rape? There's almost zero recoil, and its super easy to get headshots.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I tend to use magnum bullets on all my kits, minus engineer. M416 was the first weapon I got platinum on... with magnum bullets. :D