Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 6 (2011-01-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Matrices

Matrices Member

To reiterate, half the problems I noted have nothing to do with unofficial overclocking, but CF.

To make sure this was true, I reflashed my 6950s into 6970s and applied the hex code Unwinder mentioned earlier in the thread. This would allow me to forgo the unofficial overclocking and simply apply the normal overclocking and overvolting.

And yet, I ran into the same problem with overvolting - one card will overvolt, but the other will not. Further, when enabling "force constant voltage", and then disabling it, the voltage of the one card to which the voltage settings did apply remain stuck.

To summarize, there are issues in CF that make it unusable for OCing, with or without unofficial OCing.

If you want to throw a fit about it, do not take to blaming me. I am merely stating facts and providing feedback as a user since Rivatuner and Geforce 2 Pro days.

Part of being a professional is learning to deal with feedback - and, yes, criticism (although I never even criticized your coding ability or disparaged the software, at all). Still, ability to retain composure is a valuable thing to have whether you are making software or doing anything else in life.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Unwinder thanks for the update and keep up the good work m8.
    I feel sorry for you , the questions that you need to answer sometimes.

Info for users , the only GTX570 where the voltage can go up to 1.21V on the stock bios is with the ASUS series.
    Palit GeForce GTX 570 Sonic Platinum up to 1.16V.
    All the others are limited to 1.113V.
    If you want it to go up to the max of 1.21V you need to mod your bios. But that is for the advanced user . (google is your friend)

3. Muhammad

Muhammad Banned

GPU:
    4870 * 2 HIS 512MB EDITIO
    lolll even if some does answer a specific question - he has got serious attitude issues - ...

ok i admit that over clocking is a challenge - but that does not mean each time one asks a question mr.unwinder goes on a rampage mocking that other person as if they dont know anything .

well mr unwinder i think u do this coz i guess ur the maker of the a/b software or what every u do with it - but that does not give u any reason to make fun of other people .

if u think ur some kind oF GOD ..then kindly dont visit these forums where mortals ask questions ...

4. Muhammad

Muhammad Banned

GPU:
    let him go ....!!! far better people here who more then ready to help out ...!!

5. Muhammad

Muhammad Banned

GPU:

no one forced you or put a gun to your thick head to answer all the queryies here -- and if u do have a flu and miss ur family so much QUIT ..or get a life ...

dont cry here or mock people ..........sickooo--if helping people is a waste of time --go screw ur self ...

6. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    muhammad I really, really hope you enjoyed your time here at guru3d.....

@ unwinder, the guys a dink and very bad at learning, dont quit because of whiners like this guy :) I know Ive done my fair share of whining but after reading some of your posts I really feel for ya man, idiots like him are all mouth no answers. YOU have the answers and YOU are the brains behind the whole thing :)

7. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    First you need 3 posts to explain something ????????

And yes Unwinder is a GOD in what he does!!!!!!!
    Did you come across better software that gives you so much freedom in controlling GPU's. And it's free software , for screenshots , video recording , fan controlling , overclocking ??????

Muhammad , no one forced YOU or put a gun against your head to use MSI Afterburner , Rivatuner , EVGA precision ...... all based on Unwinders RT.

I'm not fast pissed off but you just did M.:flip2:

8. Elk

Elk Guest

GPU:
    HIS 6950
    Don't feed the troll.

Unwinder I am genuinely sorry if anything I have said has contributed to this.

Please realise noobs will be noobs. They have been doing the same since the interweb began, and will not change. You shouldn't get wound up, it is on you how you deal with it though.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

:banana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSywtiAirKE :banana:

9. ICPLL

ICPLL Member

GPU:
    Moron :3eyes:

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    its cool as soon as mods see his foul mouth he'll be out in no time.

11. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Except for one thing, Trixx sucks and your app is better in every way. Sorry, but you have a 'cross-vendor' fanbase.

You know what ? I feel for you. The first question asked in this thread (post #4) is about something that was specifically mentioned as not supported in the very first post.

A constant barrage of stuff like that can really make someone question the collective intelligence of humanity. I run across the very same thing in my line of work (the automotive service industry). All I can say is thank the good lord for violent video games.

The silent majority of us who are able to read and comprehend (and use the search function) value your work and input. It would be a shame if we lost your input when a real problem shows up.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  12. [EX3]Cobra_XP

[EX3]Cobra_XP Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6870 1Gb Crossfire
    Dude.... chillax!!! Ignore the lil impatient kids. I see more and more people askin the same questions over and over and then they own a XFX or Sapphire card. Just ignore em.... if you do that it will teach them to search a little or atleast increase MSI's sales.

I have posted once about something I found with 2.1 beta 2 or 3 and I was surprised on how fast and professional you posted back and looked into the problem and corrected it in the next version. People like you make this hobby fun. It is too bad the head aches that come with doing these great deeds.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYHTING..... YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - can some one just PLEASE ban Muhammod. People like him upset everyone that truly come here for knowledge, sharing or finding.

13. Restricted

Restricted Guest

+1. Ignore the Muhammod kid.

@Unwinder, I hope you really do stay around. You're great at what you do and help others when it is needed. Get better and well soon!!

14. SeGoLecTriCk

SeGoLecTriCk Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX480
    Yes the target folder exists but nothing gets put into the folder, no screenshots or videos. Afterburner 1.6.0 beta 5 worked with screenshots with no problems but once i updated to get the video capture it dont.

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    you deserve to be banned for that comment, on top of that youve posted the same nonsense several times about 1000 core on flashed 6950->6970 and blaming software for not achieving it( coming in here and getting agro about it ), while its moreso a question of your own incompetence in achieving your goal.

If you want to flame good people who work hard to give us the tools we love to have then i suggest you move to another forum. Your posts above are an absolute disgrace.

16. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Is there a reason Muhammad hasn't been banned yet? Or however you spell his name...
    Guess people are busy since it's the weekend....

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    type less and read more your issues have been addressed more then a few times.
    I hate when the amd guys come posting without reading.
    I could spoonfeed most of you guys but i'm not as nice as alex and would name call and cuss alot.(cus alot of you guys are dicks)

get well soon unwinder

18. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    man he only got a yellow card, Il remember to ALWAYS give him false information. 'Sure dude, you can get +9000 core on 1.3mv, have you got magnets?' lol :)

19. Amorpheus

Amorpheus Member

GPU:
    6960@928/1450
    Also, 99% of these cards are basically AMD video cards. Sapphire, MSI, HIS or whatever they're all called doesn't make a big difference for the users. Reference design and all that. Until RivaTuner gets a new version, I'll be using its little and more convenient brother Afterburner, MSI label or not. ;)

P.S.: @Unwinder ... please don't bother with people who don't make any effort to figure out their issues. Maybe the other users here will help them if they can, but it's not your problem that many can't read or use Google.

20. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    It is my opinion that your problem exists somewhere between your monitor and chair. I have a crossfire system that works fine with voltage adjustments. Granted, I have actual HD 6970s, not flashed ones, so I think it could be you are trying to do more than ATi's drivers will allow.