Rbe 1.27 thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by davetheshrew, Jan 11, 2011.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    ^yep, its real folks.:banana:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. MRGAY

MRGAY Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 6950
    Question: What's a recommended number from 1175 mV? I know everyone's card handles things different but I'm looking for "in the ballpark" number to work around in.

And quick tidbit: does anyone have an issue with GPUTool not recognizing the clocks? It shows up as -1 =(

EDIT: I unlocked my 6950 to a 6970, btw

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  3. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    depends on what you want, if its a solid 950/1450 you want try for aroung 1.230-1.250 ballpark, then around .025mv for every 10 mhz after :)

4. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Pity it's not possible to edit the fan profile with RBE (well, you can edit it but it doesn't do anything since it's apparently a driver thing now instead of a BIOS setup).

5. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    yeah its a shame but on the other hand setting my fan at 43% is barely audible but provides decent cooling for the vrm's. setting it higher doesnt do that much better and sounds like a jet engine lol. Im keeping that fan setting 24/7, Im testing my final clocks and best bios tonight, Im settleing with 990 core though so I must find the right voltage+0.25mv for good mesure and then go for max stable memory, Im testing crysis for memory since it seems to throw artifacts more noticeably with high mem oc's. Does anyone know of any better games I could use for stability testing? 3dmark 11 test 4 is brutal when you loop it, I might stick to that.

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    thanks man :) Ive found stability now and Im happy with 975/1475 @ 1.325mv, Im keeping it this way now, the cards is cool so all is well.

8. King Kong

King Kong Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    This sounds kinda cool, I'd like to give it a try on my Powercolor 6950 @ 6970 atm with standard 6970 clocks running thru AB with its own fan automatic mode (atm 40-45% in idle, but it doesn't bother me, cos under load with FurMark card's barely reaching 74 celsius)

Dave, if all goes right, could I ask you honestly to provide your 975/1475 BIOS with further instructions for them fan settings like you use?

Kind regards
    King Kong

9. MRGAY

MRGAY Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 6950
    I second this, your overclock looks real nice =)

10. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    How are you keeping the card so cool? Liquid cooling? I had to set my fan speed to 65% to keep temperatures below 90 C and I'm at 1200 mV.

Also, ever since I set the max voltage higher, Furmark hasn't been stressing my GPU much since the graphics clock is constantly around 500-700. It's downclocking for some odd reason, so I've been using OCCT to stress the GPU.

11. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    aoir cooling, Ive got an antec 900 all fans on mediun so I think that helps a lot.

12. kevin

kevin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI gaming 6G
    Any one got a sapphire 6970 bios with voltage mod , i cant get my head around this rbe
    i tried winflash with a modded asus bios but got a mismatch or summit like that.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i might have one on saturday if you havnt got one by then, sorry, ment to do it last night but not getting much sleep of late with a little nipper, i doubt i will get a chance tonight or tomorrow night

14. kevin

kevin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI gaming 6G
    No probs saturday will be fine thanks

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Been doing some tweaking and following Hilberts review on my GPU's and his overclocking results I decided to give it a go.
    Here you go then,

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

The aftermarket cooler on these performs really well and I have loads of air flowing through my rig. Off to test some games :D

Edit1
    Umm, not good! Hard lock as CoD MW multiplayer started a new game! I noticed many people saying they didn't need a voltage nudge at these clocks. I wonder.

Edit2
    More hardlocks. Maybe the OC is to aggressive? Everything appears fine at 2D settings. It's the jump to 3D clocks that is definitely causing the problems.

Perhaps a voltage nudge?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    for a 58x0 series card(s) why use RBE? you should use Afterburner, get something stable then for hassles sake flash with those core/mem values, but only when youre 100% sure after testing.

I cant remember 100% my 5850 clocks, i think core would do 900 without extra volts, not sure on mem tbh, i think i could only do 1000 without overvolting, cant be 100% sure though and overclocking mem on the 5850 doesnt provide much of a performance boost, in fact it negatively affects performance beyond a certain point as you end up skipping corrupt frames and having them regenerated etc.

17. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Cheers, going to flash back. I recall that there was an issue using Afterburner with these cards. Setting unofficial overclocking caused problems.

18. Melker

Melker Member

GPU:
    HD 6950 unlocked
    Hey

Im poking around in this neat program and im a bit confused at the moment. Could somebody clarify this for me:

VID1: 1000 VID2 900 VID3 1100 VID4 1065

Thats what im seeing in the GPU register window. What does these different VIDs represent and do i change all of them or just the VID4? I read the FAQ and online guide but i guess im just to green in this area to really get it..

19. chas1723

chas1723 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce GTX670
    Dave....I had flashed my card to be a 6970 but have since flashed it back to 6950. I would like to use this program to up my stock clocks. What would be a good way to do so. I know I can run 900 on my core but i cannot figure out how to do it with the stock bios. any help would be appreciated.

20. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    you cant, you have to change vendor id to allow it to work with asus smartdoctor to enable high oc range.