gtx580 SUCKS every game only run half the dam AA

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by damien666, Jan 4, 2011.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok guys i got my new pc to play games and max them out with all graphical settings including AF/AA but i have three of the games i want to play installed and none have full working AA, im pissed off..

nfsHP = ive tryed to force AA in every way i can thing via nvctrl panel and inspector and the car get 80% AA added but the lamp posts and rest of the game gets none.. by 80% i mean some of the cars ok but other parts suck and i still see AA issues...when i force 16xAA + 8xSSAA i expect no jagged edges at all :(

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

two worlds 2 DX10 = ingame AA x4+16samples, this seems to work on most things but when it comes to building and wood it has no effect and its jagged as hell.. if i force it via nvctrl panel or inspector it drops my fps but no AA is added to these places still

[​IMG]

stalker COP dx11 maxed ingame AA maxed and i still see jagged edges on trees / horizontal edges yet vertical is fine... i then force it via nvctrl panel or inspector and the SSAA is great all the tree leaf look amazing and clear, but still no effect on the dam tree branches or other horizontal edges

[​IMG]

i have tryed the quadro 269.50 + normal 266.35 drivers and both are the same for me, im not happy im upset and i really am thinking WTF did i by a new pc for to try and get back into gaming, i now have all the fps and jagged edges, should have stuck with 8800gt and ****ed at AA :(

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    it would seem i can get the transparency AA (SSAA) working fine in all games but the normal edge AA well thats just playing games with me, it mainly works in vertical situations but any sort of angled/horizontal edge and im screwed and it dont work as you can see from screen shots

i wish nvidia would give me a job, train me to write their drivers and ill get the job done they should do.. they need to get real life people who game like we do to create their drivers...i bet some guy aged 60+ without a care in the world as hes about to retire is behind these issues and the last game he played on the commodore 64

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  3. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I dont think its fair to put all the blame with nvidia as for me I think allot of it is more lazy ports from developers (NFS anyway).

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    AA is something that should be done with the game engine, it really shouldn't be up to Nvidia/AMD to do it, but more and more these days it ends up that way.

damien666, if it was that easy, then it would be done all the time, several game engines make AA difficult, sometimes impossible, especially in DX9.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    CSAA seems to do absolutely nothing and 16xQAA looks worse than 8xMSAA. Also, there's no difference between 4xAA and 16xCSAA.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea looks like they broke CSAA, as reported by some in BFBC2 - it crashes if they forced 32xcsaa or some 8xcsaa...

btw the only real aa is 2x, 4x, 8xQ. The rest are all CSAA variations., 16xcsaa is basically normal 4xaa with 12 additional coverage samples, but yea i guess you already know that too :D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  7. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Blame the games not the card. AA should be supported ingame. Driver AA is just a hack and it's always slower and prone to problems.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah, by the way 16xCSAA is 4xMSAA + 16 coverage samples :devil:. 16xQ is definitely broken (partly worse than 2xMSAA). It looks like 16xCSAA is working in Oblivion but in UE3 and Source based games there's no difference what so ever. Nvidia's AA modes are broken.
    [​IMG]
    4xMSAA:
    [​IMG]

2xMSAA
    [​IMG]

9. Mark121

Mark121 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 660
    If you want I'll Trade my 480 for your 580 wink wink:nerd::nerd:

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok but what about stalker cop + two worlds2 their both dx10/dx11 ?

so are we saying that AA is broken and wont work in either the drivers i posted in post one?

EDIT ok ive tryed the x2, x4, x8Q and they dont work either,

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i keep hearing this Downsampling your games for better IQ what is this and does it work with any game?

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Stalker, i have no idea about, something definetly isn't working there, while im only going by memory i would of noticed if any of the Stalker games were that aliased, and i check ingame IQ at 12inches from a 47inch TV, will check again tonight.

Maybe you have Performance set in the Global driver settings, or a bad driver install.

Downsampling is forcing the game to render at a higher resolution than your screen, then have it downsampled, apparently it works well, not bothered myself though as the only game i've wanted to do it on (GTAIV) already ran poorly, but you have beefy enough hardware to give it a go.

Its a Google Translated site, but if give you a rough idea.
    http://translate.google.com/transla...org/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-454129.html

13. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    thank for link, i have done a few driver installs.. i remove old drivers in win7.. boot safe mode use driver sweeper..boot normal mode then install new ones..

i have the same issue with 2 sets of drivers ive tried,

14. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    im oging to try the 266.44 drviers now :) these 266.35 aint gona allow me to run AA IVE TRIED EVERYTHING

EDIT
    the newer drivers dont work either

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This is why nhancer was so good,i dont like nvidia inspector.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    doesnt nhancer work anymore ? i thought some people claimed here that it did.

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    emm ill try it and let you know...

just installed 2.5.9 and it doesn't open,

18. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Two worlds II Is Dx9 forget about AA for that game.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, stopped working a while back now.

I much prefer Nvidia Inspector, not as user friendly as Nhancer, but better to work with.

Feel for you damien666, been issue after issue for youn since you got the card, if only the software side of things was as simple as the hardware side.
    Wish i could think of a solution, but tbh it doesn't make any sense why its working for everyone else, but not you, im guessing you only have the one partition.

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    its now dx10 install the gold patch mate

im gona wipe windows and restart over i think, but i cant see it making a difference as ive done this already lol when i first for pc many time..

ok this stalker issue, i run dx11 and all ingame maxed and this is the AA results, surly this game supports AA doesn't it :(

as you can see normal AA x16 doesnt effect this game but 8x SSAA the leafs and bushed it does work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]