New Year's driver ForceWare 266.44

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Jasonnov118

Jasonnov118 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 1GB Hawk Talon
    263.14 getting not responding error with l4d2. Going back to most stable best performing one 263.06 (which wasnt great performance). lol, Cant a man just play his games on a holiday!

2. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I hope this was an early beta leak, because taking note of all the problems,those are nowhere good as 265.90.
    Luckily iirc that manuelg said that next driver set will be based on r265 branch,right?

3. Jasonnov118

Jasonnov118 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 1GB Hawk Talon
    Yup, gonna be similar to those 265.90 quadros. They cant get here soon enough.

4. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Well to further confirm, ive reinstalled 265.90 and bam! all the problems are gone. Cod BO works good with no stuttering, so does GTA4 EFLC and other benchmarks begin to act like they did before.

Definitely this set is one of the worst i ever installed for my 9800 gtx sli.

5. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I havent had any problem with this driver yet.:)

6. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    Had a driver not responding and recovered problem with bfbc2 tonight - probably will go back to the last official driver and wait for a non leaked version...

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i also had stutter in Black Ops with my sli comp, back to 260.99

8. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    I just got my two GTX 570 in sli and with this driver the 3Dmark Vantage corruption is gone.

The 263.09 , 265.90 are both bad for my GTX 570 in 3Dmark Vantage.
    Vantage crashes or has corruption , same problem that Hilbert had with the sli review of GTX570.

Quote from review "Now here's where we ask you to forget the score, there was massive graphics corruption on the first test scene, and as such the end score is not reliable. We got a P score of roughly 31K points. The GPU score however is much higher nearing 35K points.

Once the driver bug is squashed we'll redo the test.

Also, we tested and tried 3DMark 11 with the beta driver and SLI mode did not work properly. Later on with a bugfix driver we'll add another chart with SLI results."
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-sli-review/12
    So for now this 266.44 driver is superb for my setup.
    One min. , that is that 3Dvision just won't work with this driver and it did with 263.09.
    So still some work.

9. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Must be the sli because I get no studdering at all.Black Ops is actually the best running game on my computer.

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hmm odd, this driver crashes BC2 if I enabled trasnparancey AA. So no Supersampling AA for me with this set.... :bang:

It's the only problem I've had so far. Everything else is comparable to the 265.90 quadros.

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    yeah it may be just an sli thing. BO runs perfect with 260.99 so i'm good.

12. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    I love the people on this forum who have nothing better to do then bash on what other people have to say.

Yes "Snappier" as in faster desktop composition, you know that is something nvidia can optimize. There have been many cases where it's been proven that 2d acceleration is better on some drivers than others.

Also as far as image quality goes I don't see why different drivers could not have different quality, as I'm sure nvidia can also optimize certain things like filtering, which may lower performance in the favor of quality on certain drivers.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    original Gta4 runs a little slower here too, i lost at least ~5fps in game and 2fps in bench >> 59.51fps vs 61.4fps with older driver..

i erased these 266, im going to wait for the final and few days, hopefully its all fixed :nerd:

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Aero runs just as well on my 470 in my desktop as my Intel 4500m in my laptop, which is to say perfectly fine. When I minimize it takes 300 milliseconds to go down, and another 300 to restore, when I move a window it follows my mouse the same as 448 shader processors and 10 shader processors would.

15. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    I notice big difference in IQ from 260.99 to 265.90, and it seems like the text and the blacks look better less gray. The flicker that I had on certain textures is not there with Quadro and I had a couple crashes with them and liked so much I'm still using them.

16. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Also confirmed white screen in BC2 is caused by putting on 8xAA. I was running fine for 4 hours with 4XAA. 2 minutes after putting on 8xAA I got the white screen. Reproduced this issue 4 times. Multisample transparency also worked fine, didn't try supersample transparency but another user reported problems with it. But otherwise BF2 performance was great in Vietnam.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I tried Multisampling AA with BC2, and still crashed to white screen. If I turn it off, and put AA as you said to 4x the game will run.

Odd glitch, I used to be able to play this with 2x supersampling and 32xAA on 260.xx drivers.

18. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    I confirm the shadow flickering in WOW is finally gone in with these!

Also graphics memory usage seems to be down a bit with these in almost every game I have tested not just WOW. Maybe some texture compression or culling bug fixed in these? No crashes yet on my rig. Hopefully the next drivers will be even better, one can only hope. :)

19. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Ok these are awesome for Need for Speed: HP! Tweaked the profile with Nvidia Inspector and got 8X SLI & 2X Transparency MSAA. It pretty much never drops from 60fps and get about 85-99% GPU usage on both GPUs! :D

Profile Settings
    [​IMG]

Screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Daeymien666

Daeymien666 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 560ti 1024MB
    Getting frequent driver stopped responding with these, just sitting at desktop.