Cat 10.12 RC3 December 16, 2010 HotFix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Dec 17, 2010.

1. H.A.M.mer

H.A.M.mer Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix HD7970
    np, all of us have blonde-moments from time to time ;)

1. Install 10.12a hotfix-driver for 69xx cards the usual way using CIM (catalyst install manager)
    2. Do not install CCC1, if CCC1 is already installed remove it via custom uninstall within CIM (just like normal)
    3. As for CCC2 dont use CIM - neither for installation nor for removal - as CIM wont let you install or remove CCC2 with a 69xx card
    4. Install CCC2 as stated above and (when the time comes) remove CCC2 as stated above using the individual msi-setups.

Yes, this means that when catalyst 11.1 is released and if 11.1 includes CCC2 for 69xx officially, then you have to manually uninstall CCC2 using the individual msi-setups because it wont be recognised by CIM for automatic uninstallation (I guess).

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I get them all the time me :p

I understand now, thanks :D

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    nobody gonna help him? 6870 is NOT the replacement for 5870, 6970 is the new high end

they put all high ends under the 9 now, the dual gpu one will be 6990

upgrade/replacement paths
    5970 -> 6990
    5870 -> 6970
    5850 - > 6950
    5830? -> 6870
    5770 -> 6850

& 5770 isnt discontinued yet, will still be sold

4. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Anyone confirm the best drivers for the 6xxx cards? Im using the hotfix atm 10.12a

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The best drivers for the 6800's are the 10.12's, as theres only those, or the older set you get on the disc for them, same goes for the 6900's, these Rc3's are best for those, as the only others, are also the older ones on you get on the disc. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  6. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I don't run CFX but if you have multiple displays attached the card is going to idle at 450/1250MHz.

It does for me as soon as I enable anything more than the primary display and I'd assume the same to be true under CFX.

If you don't run multiple displays I've got nothing I'm afraid.

7. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Got Direct2D perfomance issues with these. I'm using Firefox 4 beta 8, and I've noticed very low perfomance, even when card was on 3D clocks. Also it happened with Ofiice 2010. Moved on 10.12 WHQL - lags are gone.

8. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    i think beta 8 a little bit slower then 7.

9. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Thanks for the heads up, bit OT but what best drivers for 5870?? Havent updated HTPC for agessss..:puke2:

10. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    But not in 5 times. It happened not only with Firefox, but also with Office 2010 and Photoshop.

With WHQL no problems/

11. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    ill trade you 2 5870s for one lol

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Wow

I am like, genuinely insulted right now by AMD's handling of its driver team right now

I bought a nice shiney new 6970, and I am getting, well, zero damn support, or it looks like zero damn support from them

The -hotfix- driver, which is based on the 10.11's, is woefully full of bugs, like not being able to disable V-Sync from the control panel, or the BSoD's sometimes when changing options, and the driver team has all but vanished

I mean, wow, you don't launch your bleeding edge hardware the week before christmas, then give the entire team the rest of the month off while users who bought your hardware suffer through driver bugs

I am truely and utterly annoyed right now by this =\

13. wildvil

wildvil Active Member

GPU:
    5830 x 2 + 9800 GT
    Valagard, you might have a real problem with the V-Sync (well actually you do face this problem:3eyes:). The question is do other people with the same card have the same problem (and not just one or two... it has to bat around 30% and higher, anything lower then it lowers the chance of it being a driver problem) Rich_Guy do you have this problem?

I know it sucks buying a new card and having to wait to get support for your product. Before I had a crossfire 5830, I just ran one 5830 with a 9800 gt. At that time the 5830 had there own driver(s) made just for them. They were two close to a 5870, but had a few features laser cut away (regular drivers just caused problems). Some times I had to wait two driver updates just to get one for me.

Your product is not even a month old, drivers will come out and things will work better... and yes people do get Christmas holidays... time to really complain is in the third driver update (not hot fix but main driver). It took almost 4 drivers to really work out the 5000 series. I am not saying you should not talk about your problems, just do not expect in the first few week to see no problems.

14. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I've been reading lots of threads about 69** series cards over the past few months and yours is the only post mentioning your issues. My 6970, apart from the odd game with erratic performance has been perfectly stable.

BSOD when changing a poxy driver option sounds like something is seriously wrong to me, and if everybody was getting that it would be all over the net.

Is short, I'd look closer to home first, before blaming everybody else.

Its the holidays, so timewise it is what it is you'll have to deal with that too.

15. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Really? AMD forums right now is full of people getting BSoD when changing driver options, even when installing the new drivers

16. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Yeh worked that out eventually that the 2nd display was increasing the idle clock speeds :p ..was unexpected tho coming from a 4870x2 , altho they had much higher idle clocks.

Also dont know if this is just a 69xx series problem, but has anyone got bc2 to run with MLAA + vsync/tb at the same time without a bizzaro screen tearing? (it looks more like bad split screen cf artifact actually).

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No problems at all here with these drivers, working great :)