Cat 10.12 RC3 December 16, 2010 HotFix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I notice with these drivers and my new 6970, no matter what I set in the options I can't disable vertical sync unless I disable it in the game

2. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Anyone running cf on the 69xx series, is the first gpu idle powerplay memory clocks meant to be still full speed. First gpu is 450/1250 and 2nd is 250/150 on 6950's.

Anyone else also having game issues with these drivers, like in vanilla bc2 alot of maps like panama canal will instantly drop to the desktop, but bc2 vietnam maps run fine. Also getting massive vsync like tearing in game, if i turn of vsync it goes but get studdering, turn it on fps goes super smooth but top 1/3 screen is like out of sync tearing, like the worst tearing ive ever seen in a game.

Deadrising2 and terminator salvation like instantly lockup on load when in crossfire, and t salv crashes pretty shortly in. I think deadspace does too.

3. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Is there a reason it says driver version 10.11 when I install these?

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They are 10.11's, so thats right, the 10.11's are the 6900's drivers, as they were going to be released with them in November, but they got delayed. :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010

5. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    If I am correct these are superior build to '10.11 beta' there was with an multithreaded DVA corrected (since it was totally unfunctional by 10.11 beta) ? (although what is damn mysterious is where does the 10.12 beta 8.80 fit in picture)

6. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    The 8.80's are a later driver branch to the 10.12a hotfix.

The 69** series is using an earlier driver branch at the minute as the driver team clearly haven't caught up when it comes to the new cards yet...

7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    which explains why I cant have ccc2, my card is not supported, gutted

8. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    What's the problem? Install any driver which support your card without CCC, then install CCC2.

9. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    nope doesnt work mate

10. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    I'm just about to move my Eyefinity setup into portait mode to see if Crossfire+Eyefinity+Portait 3x1 works.

Wish me look.:banana:

LOL

R.
    bboymassuk

11. H.A.M.mer

H.A.M.mer Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix HD7970
    Found a way of installing CCC2 along with 69xx cards:

- download and extract (not install) the catalyst 10.12 CCC2 preview ones
    - in the extracted install-folder (usually in C:\AMD\...) go to "Packages\Apps\CCC2"
    - manually install all of the msi-files which are within the subdirectories of "CCC2"
    - if you have a 64bit-machine only use the "64-folders" of "fuel" and "utility"
    - if you have a 32bit-machine only use the "non 64-folders" of "fuel" and "utility"

That does the trick for me.
    CCC2 runs flawlessly with two 6970 in CF (10.12a hotfix drivers) except that the entry in the context-menu when right-clicking on the desktop is missing for some reason.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The 69's are using an earlier branch because, as i said above, they were supposed to be out in November, November is 10.11 month, the 7.9 driver, so they would have been working on that driver for them, but they delayed the cards till December (10.12 month), so obviously, when the cards are finally released, their drivers can finally be released also, and they are, yes, the 10.11's, 7.9 driver, but now that the official 10.12's are out (and support the 6900's by having their Id's in the infs), means any 6900 driver now (which remember will be the November 10.11's, 7.9), have now got to be called 10.12's, as they have to follow official numbering, and they can't go backwards, its that simple :p

13. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    confirmed that this method WORKS on all 69xx cards:banana::banana::banana:

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Oh, might give it a go laters, cheers H.A.M.mer, and thanks for the confirmation it works davetheshrew :D

EDIT: so you install the 10.12a driver by itself from a custom install, then after you've manually installed those files (you mean all files from all folders, branding, core static, mom-installproxy etc...), you run the setup as normal, do a custom, and select just the CCC2, and it should then install/work ?

15. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Ok figured what part of my issue is, when i enable a 2nd monitor it ramps up the clock speeds on my first gpu and causes the broken vsync in games like bc2. ill have to see if its due to the 2nd lcd being over hdmi/different rez etc, cause i cant imaging it being like this for eyefinity users?

16. H.A.M.mer

H.A.M.mer Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix HD7970
    Nope, by installing all of the msi-files as stated above you install CCC2 completly.
    There is no need to run the CIM (catalyst install manager) after that.

My guess is that CIM normally does nothing else than simply install all of these msi-packages automatically.

Side note: If you want to uninstall CCC2 you might find the CIM not to offer an appropriate option under custom uninstall.
    In this case you have to re-run the setup of the msi-files you previously installed and select "Remove" from within the setup of the corresponding files (its just the basic Microsoft-Installer - MSI - stuff).

17. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    its just so much better now thankyou

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hmmm, i must be having a blonde moment, as im not following at all :D

Ive got the 10.12a drivers on now (CCC + Driver), so all i have to do is, manually install those files from the previews, and my CCC will change to the CCC2 ?

EDIT: or, do i uninstall the drivers, then custom install the 10.12a driver only, then run those files from the previews, and ill have CCC2 ?

:p

19. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    dont uninstall anything other than ccc, reboot and manualy go through all the installers, you will have to load up ccc manually the first time and should then autostart at boot as normal. Brotip, when you right click desktop ccc isnt in the list anymore but it is there and functionall, you just have to open it in start/all programs/ccc. hope that helps

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Right got it now, so run the install manager, indivual component, the CCC, then run the files to install new CCC2, and does it not even appear in the tray ?

What do you do when the 11.1's come out, run all these files again to remove the CCC2 seen as it can't be removed by the uninstaller, before installing them :p