NVIDIA drivers delayed to next year !!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by slick3, Dec 20, 2010.

1. humik

humik Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super 6GB
    Ye it really kicked my ass with not working my gtx 460...

2. Phatzy

Phatzy Guest

off for the christmas holiday sweet :3eyes:

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    2 + 1 wait (1-7):pc1::biggun:

4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Yea you're right, i don't know how driver development works. However, NVIDIA had approx. 2 months to build the new driver, the other drivers that they released were either Quadros or to support GTX 500 series card. The new driver should have the fix for low gpu usage, stuttering and frame drops, but is that not something that they should've release before they release their cards. We have been waiting 6 months for proper drivers so you can probably understand how frustrating that is. Its like they are selling cars without tires.

5. GamingTillDie

GamingTillDie Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    Yeah thats not funny. Thats UGLY. Even AMD releases their Drivers month by month. NVidia, are you trying to fool your customers? Thats not good customer support. I want support for my GTX 470, get your asses up:biggun::banana:

I want AA in Hot Pursuit, and Game improves. Hell, The last WHQL was back in September? Or something like that. Get your Job done, and Manuel G, stop talking next week next week blabla. Your a liar:biggun:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  6. Fr0stx

Fr0stx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780SC@1100Mhz 1.087v
    C'mon, ManuelG is an PR employe... He's just there to say that a fix is coming to remove pressure from NVIDIA forum! the driver will be ready next week, or by the end of the month or begining of january... Thats all bull****... They will realease a driver that will contain a certain amount of fix, yes but when it is ready it will not do miracle. Human are coding so it will have bugs and even introduced new one.

This is sad that some type of card seems to have certain flaws but for most, Nvidia drivers are pretty good.

7. GamingTillDie

GamingTillDie Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    Well i heard in German Forums that many 460 owners have Problems with the Quadro Drivers and modded infs. Well, on my System it runs fine, but still no AA support for Hot Pursuit, NVidia should make good drivers for the "older" Cards like GTX4XX and so on. The GTX 5XX owners got drivers, we dont get new drivers! Shame on you NVIDIA:puke2:

Thats my point of view. And Manuel G: Better say nothing. You talk to much!

8. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    This is BS.They wouldnt delay even beta drivers for the 5 people that use projectors.

9. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    My guess is that they are taking time. Don't know for/on what purpose exactly, since their newer gpu are already out.

But im willing to trust that they realized how far the performance gone bad since 2xx batch started compared to old glorious 19x days.

If they can bring up the performance as it meant to be, plus fixing the damn cuda bull**** making it at least working good like 3.1, im ok with waiting.

Besides their quadro drivers are just awesome, they work good in my single and sli setups with any games i tried, and i really like performance and iq.

Althought i must admit that 263.06 had an insane iq, its really noticiable if you compare it to quadros.

10. juampii

juampii Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX480 @ 850 / 2000
    oh this kind of posts are...

11. GamingTillDie

GamingTillDie Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    Well, im just tired of all the excuses. We didnt have WHQL since how many Months? Well, i cant exactly remember, but its way way way too much time gone by. NVIDIA, im disappointed, really disappointed. I guess you focus on the latest Cards and thats not OK. Im a little pissed off right now, sorry:wanker:

12. qstoffe

qstoffe Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 580 @ stock
    They are probably busy working on drivers for their coming multi-GPU card. I'm guessing they are, just as ATI is, focusing everything to look good in benchmark reviews and none on QA.

QA doesn't seem to have much "sell power" today. Price/fps-performance is what sells. Hence why multi-GPU solutions always get recommended by reviewers.

13. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    The funny thing is nvidia didnt even release the first driver for the 580.Evga did.

14. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    lol, i had hope a release which would come fastly, im currently on holiday, 2 weeks ... Thanks :)

15. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    Zloth runs up to nhlkoho's whaaaambulance, yanks the driver out of the front seat, and sets him down next to his PC with a brush and some water colors.

W00t! New driver! :banana:

16. henrybravo

henrybravo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 580
    What do you mean? The 236.09's have been out since Nov. 22nd, are WHQL certified, support both the 570 and 580, and are available from nvidia.com. Don't know how you can get much more official than that.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  17. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Let's see, today is the 20th. In 14 days it will be, uh, the 3rd of Jan, pretty dang close to the middle of the first week of January.
    :biggun: yourself.

(as if there's any real difference between 2 and 3 weeks anyway in the context of the original post)

18. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    Epic finish to a not so Epic thread. :cheers:

19. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Its the same driver they released at evga for thier cards a week earlier.All they did was change the inf to support only 580 and 570s.

20. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    I remember horror story about 8800 series with 320 bit, lots of complained and trick fix use alt+del back and forth if you know what I am talk about ? now we are see lots of problem with 4xx series with lack of properly drivers.

Nvidia should fires all Engineer teams whoever take full of responsible.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010