Battlefield Vietnam!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by maleficarus™, Dec 18, 2010.

1. GandraZz

GandraZz Guest

GPU:
    555m 2GB 665/1330 FHD
    got 4850 now its playable ~23fps with my rig :D

2. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    No scopes in the weapons except for the snipers. Also, the maps don't have a lot of vehicle action, and the Helicopter is way more easy to fly.

For $15 I hope they release more maps.

Also, the character faces and models look different (duh). The game feels a lot more like the first level of the single player campaign.

3. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The maps are a little one-sided...There are no maps in BC2 that are one-sided. I have won countless times on both sides on each map in BC2. Not true in Vietnam...I don't know what DICE can do about this except redesign the maps. 2 of the maps are high ground vs low ground, so that makes it tough when most don't play as a team. You can steamroll the enemy team and think "oh they must suck" then the sides rotate and you get wasted as well. This is not a complaint, just an observation...maybe so teams that are not as good are given more of a chance...or perhaps to prevent stacking.

Weapons seem more powerful with less recoil than in BC2...don't mind this as it affects all of the weapons, not just a few. More along the style of Medal of Honor.

Why would NVA vehicles be playing Hendrix? On Friday, the vehicle music worked...yesterday it did not.

I got a platinum star on Friday...wtf? Are some of the weapons shared between games? If I use the UZI or M-60 do the kills in BC2 and Vietnam go towards the same star? That is all I could think of as I have only played for about 5 or 6 hours since Friday.

The Huey is awesome...but like BC2 the whining bitch-ass mentality of many PC gamers will fill the BC2 forums with complaint threads. I have already seen threads on what weapons should be balanced...basically turns into nerds arguing about what guns they like better in real life and want to use in game, then get pissy because they suck when using them. All of the guns are good in their own way, as they are in BC2. The M-60 in BC2 was the only thing I would have changed balance-wise, and the increased tracer-dart speed. I hope they resist the bitches on the forum and keep things the way they are for now.

Overall, an excellent expansion pack and excellent value...especially when compared to the stimulus pack for MW2, which I did not buy and thought was complete rubbish.

4. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Agree, map balance is pretty off all around. One side always has an advantage usually. It can be overcome, but doesn't happen often specially in public servers.

They do seem a bit more powerful, but there is no body armor, and I think hit registration is soooooo much better than reg BC2 as well

NVA vehicles music has never worked for me, only US

Stats are shared between similar weapons

The controls is much easier for the Huey, anyone can fly it decently. I think it takes too long to kill for the most part, but then I haven't seen it play a pivotal role in any match yet. Just the opposite, your team waits around to have a chance to use the Huey that you end up losing 90% of the time.

Agreed, Vietnam rocks. Will be better when they fix map balance. The hit registration improvements alone make it awesome. I actually hit what I aim at 99% of the time now versus 50% of the time in BC2.

5. Ish

Ish Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Played for a few hours last night and its pretty fun!!

My favorite part about this game is the fact that it actually runs smoother than BFBC2, which is excellent because I am saving up cash for the next generation AMD or Intel processor.

No one is using the built in VOIP?

Or maybe it was the servers i was playing in.

I rate this game 8.5/10 so far. :)

6. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    whats all this about better his registration? it's a bad company 2 mod. It's got the same kind.

7. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I haven't tried VOIP in this game since it never seemed to work right in BC2.

The Huey is fast and very agile in this game...yes it is hard to shoot down and I would understand the addition of an AA-gun of some sort...especially since the choppers can be repaired in mid-air. No match I have been in yet has been determined by the helicopter crew. As mentioned above, you will have 5 or 6 players standing in the spawn waiting for the Huey to respawn. If you focus on the objectives and less about the chopper the team does well.

8. Ish

Ish Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Feels about the same except.

I frag people easier.. perhaps because they do not have the body amor?

9. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I played WOW for about 10 seconds then felt like I was on acid. The game is stupid. You run around killng other stupid looking people and then look at all your stupid loot, then turn it off. LOL! I would sooner go watch 18 holes of golf...

How do you guys get so into these stupid games I have no clue...

10. TakeDollaforLOL

TakeDollaforLOL Banned

GPU:
    8600mGT 256mb
    if ur eating lol poop all i think about when i see warcraft is nerds with big ass glasses

[​IMG]

11. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    cant wait to pick this up. Gonna have a LAN party this weekend.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    That is true but what turned me off about BC2 was the feel of the guns. Yes they feel bad ass but for some reason I just cant really aim very well with them. But I am finding that in Vietnam the guns still feel and beastly but the aim just seems better for me. Sniping feels better and faster as well.

Im loving this DLC, best £10 I have ever spent on an add-on/expansion :)

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    This war wasen't bout being ballenced or fair in anyway shape or form. Stop trying to think it should be! This is jungle wareware in the late 60 and 70's. This isn't about you gun, this is about what you can do with it! If you can't handle war then go freak off to World Of Warcraft and play around with some gold. What is wrong with you guys? PC makes hard school games, this is what we exspect, not console bull where maps are ballenced. Grow some balls and learn how to really play a war game. This isn`t Counter-strike Source. This is 2010!!!

I am sick and tired or reading 12 year old posts from guys that don’t even know how to use a mouse and keyboard. This is EA`s interoperation of Vietnam. It wasn’t supposed to be nice or fair or friendly. This is about getting owned. It doesn’t matter what side you spawned in, deal with it and adapt! Don’t come online and bitch how your PC sucks and can’t render it. Don’t come on here and complain about weapon drops or hit detection. Learn to make it work. You guys buy hard core hardware for this very reason so stop acting like zit face console kids being grounded!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  14. Halli

Halli Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX465 Bios 470
    But I Already have ArmA2 just wanted to play a BF type game!!!! :camo:

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    This should be on my tombstone.

16. TakeDollaforLOL

TakeDollaforLOL Banned

GPU:
    8600mGT 256mb
    i would like to play but my HD is maxed gonna need to do some unistalling / dleting to fre up space

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Enjoy your hardware and have fun with what PC gaming can offer! It is different. It is more intense and more detailed then you expect. Instead of complaining about NVIDIA or ATi how bout you actually support them huh...

I have been gaming since 1995. Back then it was quake. Now we have buildings that actually blow up and drop. We have bodies that actually die like they should. Tanks actually are starting to behave the way they should. An 80 ton tank should never worry about an RPG. An A1 Abrams has armour to defect this. I see guys running up to my tank like they are Elvis LOL

DEAD... with alt weapon LOL

The problem is that I can see with of 1 eye is guys play a modern war game but don’t move like they should. They act like they are sitting in front of there monitor pretending

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Just FYI...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Errrrm what's with this thread for such an old game, and moving so fast.

20. TakeDollaforLOL

TakeDollaforLOL Banned

GPU:
    8600mGT 256mb
    lol not sure if level

bc2 expanison vietnam not old vietnam battlefield game