Catalystmaker no longer managing the driver team?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    catalyst maker - I can only wish you luck in your new job, either as AMD was your own work you have to be aware that many associate the Catalyst to your person, but on the other hand is the result of a team, not one person.
    Anyway thank you now to stand up in the forum, so we are always grateful for your dedication over the years.
    By the way, can you say that you graphics card ...? jeje. :)

A greeting from Spain.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I doubt AMD would do anything to endanger a stable driver support for their new series, as that would make no sense.

3. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    I agree, Japamd is one badass coder that would make things work as intended =)

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    If you don't want driver problems, get a console, its that simple, as they both have problems, so if your having problems with AMD's, and so switch to Nvidia because of them, who are you going to switch to when you get problems with theirs, exactly, could easily buy one now online, takes less than 5 minutes, all your problems gone, go on, do it, go grab that CC and get shopping, as do you really want to spend another 20 years crying about driver problems, course yer dont.;)

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Well said mate, All games are nw really meant for consoles, we are getting console port, atleast some companies optimize for PC, Agreed but when it maxed all, PC Rocks..... Nouthing can stand infront of it....

Enjoying with ur new card hw's it.....

6. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    hey cat maker, how about modding some drivers like omega used to for a hobby? XD. So whats the real story going on behind AMD and their drivers? Are they firing the whole team and starting from scratch or they keeping what they have and just trying to fix some issues?

To all the modders that know what we want from a driver please proposition AMD for a job!

But no offense to cat maker i think hes fibbing about his position at AMD. Think about it.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Havn't got it yet, phoned me on Thursday, said he couldn't get them, so to phone this Tuesday, as his supplier reckoned he could have them by then (but he wasn't hopeful), but then he phoned me again on Friday, to say his supplier has gotten some Sapphires in (as i was getting the XFX), so hes getting one of those sent up for me, which i should be picking up tomorrow. :D

Just hope my PSU is up to it, i think it should be though, as they reckon a minimum of 500w, and these Corsairs are belters :p

8. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@Rich_Guy If it's Corsair, it can do More.... Solid it will Do ur Job ,anyway Try some findings on Corsair site mate.... Corsair wattage Calculator i mean.....

9. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    It looks like the new GTX500 series had many damaging effects on AMD, more and more users are angry with the reds' drivers, add that to the disappointing 6900 series and you'll see the size of the disaster the reds are currently having.
    Anyway kicking that clown off Catalyst should have happened a long time ago, I think the decision is somehow related to the disappointment and anger caused by his "HUGE" announcement.
    It's definitely a step in the right direction for the reds, and I think the rest of the Catalyst team should also get their butts kicked out of the industry, in fact AMD should get rid of the name Catalyst once and for all as it currently represents bugs and problems, the same way they did with renaming their crappy Stream technology as APP, although APP is still as bad as Stream when compared to CUDA ...

10. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Cry more dude.....LOL

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    These are the specs, so im pretty hopeful, and its got the 8 and 6 Pin as well :)

[​IMG]

12. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Catalyst_Maker, Terry, good luck on new position.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Your supposed to take the red pills, not the blue ones.

14. catalyst maker

catalyst maker New Member

I do not accept personal attacks and being called a "clown"... You got something to say to me? PM me and I will provide you my direct work email and we can discuss your issues in private.

I'm waiting

15. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Are you sure he didn't take the green pill?

Anyway, hope you enjoy your new job in AMD, and please continue to pass users comment to the engineer/development team.

16. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

I think the black one for death maby? :banana:

17. r9800pro

r9800pro Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Vapor-X R9 290
    I've joined Rage3D 10 years ago, and I still can't make any drivers :nerd:

I wish you a bright future in the other job and God bless you for the past efforts , thank you :)

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    I never had problems with ati drivers, i hope it stays that way for me when i get my first crossfire setup Wednesday.

19. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

@signex which cards u running??

20. TheCapulet

TheCapulet Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850x2 512mb
    I like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.