Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    think it got it now, it dissapeared at first but came back when i went off GTlife and back on, thanks for that.

2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    @cerebus

dude, can you add me in PSN/GT5? it's ginoangelo. let's do some races some time :)

@Copey

I already shipped the jag. wait for the lorry in your garage. :)

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i will add you just not in a racey mood today lol. I keep trying to do stuff in gt5 and am totally wiped. Really thinking about taking the afternoon off and pushing for 30 tonite.

I just imagine spending all day yesterday and 3 4 hours today hitting 30 then i get to the challenge and want to break something.

Ok sent might be time for me to let bob do his thing. lol.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i admire your perseverance in getting to lv30 in A-Spec, and doing the X1 Challenge too. hehe. just add me, i'll accept it tom mate. :)

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Oh heck i am like level 29.5 and my b spec guys are 29.25 :).

6. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

ive got credits theres no new or 2nd hand classic cars available, tbh ive made a big mess of it all an i want to start again, im only 20% in so its not much of an effort :)

7. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    it takes a long time to catch a good car in the used lot for the historic car cup. i myself haven't touched all the classic car races (US, japanese, all of them). but if you really like to do it all again is all up to you man. :)

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I think that ferrari 512 BB would qualify for that classic cup. not 100% sure. but it is fairly cheap and it is always available being it is a premium car.

9. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    yes you can use the ferrari, I used the Jaguar E-Type with a few modifications, the jaguar is one of the best cars in the came, I love driving it.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Brilliant game but i will have to put it away till after xmas, so much to do and this game just eats up so much of your time, if you let it.........said the missus. LOL

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    GLad someone likes it lol. me i hate vettel and his silly x1. that last chicane on suzuka just blows my whole lap, just cannot figure the damn thing out to take it at speed.

but going to medal this damn thing yet then move onto the others...might take a few weeks.

12. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I also enjoyed it in the lower leves is when you reach the extreme series that the Shi* its the fan.

anybody wants to lend me the F1 car? I promise to return it I just need it to finish the races to move on :/

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    brake hard for the first turn in casio triangle (before you reach the overhead signage, start braking), then take the next left turn flat out cutting a bit going into the finish line. it takes a number of laps to know when to transition from braking to full throttle in the casio triangle, but you can take the left-hander flat out.

@JPMATRIX

you already have the cash for it? if yes, do what another forumer here suggested, go to any license, scroll through any of the stages 5x and it should refresh all 30cars in the used car lot. it works brilliantly.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yep brake too early i slow down too much brake too late and i fly off the track for a dq, they really need a practice session for these tracks and that car. i give up lest for tonight, bots can start grinding their way to 30 then 35.

And fyi you cannot use formula 1 cars for races you need the formula gran turismo only found in the used car dealer for 4.9 million plus another 1 million to rebuild the engine and chassis.

I ever see vettle on the street imma run his ass over :p.

15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    in my experience, it's better to brake a little early than too late in the casio triangle. i mean, if I would commit an error (brake early or brake late) on that chicane, i'd prefer to brake early. the first right turn isn't that much important anyways in saving time, it's the corner exits that you need to focus on. and as i've learned from leo parente and sir jeckie stewart, speed and fast lap times are found on corner exits.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i got visions of golding that suzuka before i even try the others lol. Well i look at it this way tho i started barely got the car around the first 2 bends, then i was doing 2:22 2 laps, then a few compleations later i was doing 2:18s with regularity. And way i blow that last chicane sofar i am loosing 2 or 3 seconds a lap right there. I can do s3 times between 53 and 56 depending on how well i get off s1 and s2, s1 i can definately pick up some time if i learn the throttle on break method the golders use for the s curves in s1. the carosel etc i run a bit differently but usually take them well less i just blow them entirely.

I manage to get bronze or maybe silver, i do monza next since i know that track darn well, nurburg track is going to be hard for me cause i only every raced it in the FGT series and ended quitting the race lol, so i think i have maybe done 3 or 4 laps total on the thing for that supercar series plus the FGT series, that track is going to take me awhile to even get a handle on let alone driving the x1 on it.

Depending who you ask nurburg is either harder or easier than suzuka, me i picked suzuka first cause i know the track pretty well and people said it was the hardest so i figured it would be the best track to get to know the x1 on. will see if that pays off at all if i manage to trophy suzuka and monza tomrrow.

17. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Monza is the easiest followed by the Nurburgring followed by Suzuka. You can cut the chicanes at Monza to get the times easier :p

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i always cut the chicanes on monza vs the ai. :p

1 second off sigh....gold is going to be near impossible trying to drop 5 6 seconds.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Forgot to tweak my transmission for monza in the FGT championship... oh boy, thank god for cutting corners, since I could only go up to 320kph and the AI reached 360 :D

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lol done that before its never fun.

2 down 1 to go nurburg is a hand full first go at it was a 2:30 lol already got 10 seconds off that. now to dig out like 6 more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.