ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Darren Hodgson, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    this filter blur all the scenario, text, texture, etc
    affect programs too, like windows live messenger, the text is very blurred and hard do understand...
    but in games i'ts a nice filter, combinated with aa 8x :)

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    There is a simply way I got MLAA, etc working (Win7/Vista)
    1. Install Cat 10.12 (CCC2 preferred) then reboot

2. Next open up CCC and navigate to Software and check your 2D Driver File Path. The registry location for some may not be the same for others. For some it maybe: :/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000 for others it maybe: /MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001, etc. But always check with CCC first.

3. Next, click on the start button and in the search box type the word: regedit. Select regedit by right clicking on it and select "Run as Administrator". Goto: /MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/000[X] (X denotes whatever CCC 2nd Driver File Path tells you) & locate and change the following (right click on it and select modify):
    -Change MLF_NA from 1 to 0 (MLAA)
    -Change SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA from 1 to 0 (Surface Format Optimizations)
    -Change TFQ_NA from 1 to 0 (Mipmaping textures)
    -Change GI_NA from 1 to 0 (Geometry Instancing)
    -Change EQAA from 1 to number 0 (New AA called EQAA)

4. Now open up the UMD sub key located /MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/000[X]/UMD and add the following:
    Right click, select new, select string value and enter: MLF_DEF. Then right click on MLF_DEF and select modify. Enter 0.
    Right click, select new, select string value and enter: SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF. Right click on SurfaceFormatReplacement_DEF and select modify. Enter: 0
    Right click, select new, select string value and enter: TFQ_DEF. Then right click on TFQ_DEF and select modify. Enter: 1
    Right click, select new, select binary value and enter: GI. If already there then skip. Right click on GI and select modify. Change the numeric value from 31 00 00 00 to 30 00 00 00.
    Right click, select new, select string value and enter: GI_DEF. If already there then skip. Right click on GI_DEF and select modify. Change the numeric value from 1 to 0.
    Right click, select new, select binary value and enter: EQAA. Then right click on EQAA and select modify. Enter: 31 00
    Right click, select new, select string value and enter: EQAA_DEF. Then right click on EQAA_DEF, select modify. Enter: 0
    Right click, select new, select string value and enter: EQAAMapping_SET. Then right click on EQAAMapping_SET, select modify. Enter: 0(0:0,1:0) 2(0:2,1:2) 4(0:4,1:4) 8(0:8,1:8,2:16)

5. No need to reboot just open up the task manager and end the process for Mom.exe. Next go to File (we are still in task manger). Click on New Task (Run...) and type Mom.exe and hit enter. Now check your CCC settings again.

When adding string values this is what I mean:
    [​IMG]

When I say check CCC to determine the registry location below is what I'm talking about (2D driver file path):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sidenote:
    EQAA is a new feature. It is not clear if it will work on the 5800 series or not even though you can enable it in CCC. What is clear is that MLAA will work on the 5800 series.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  3. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Mom.exe ? What is that ? You guys are going way over my head. I changed the variables you mentioned in regedit. I went to task manager, there was no 'mom.exe' present. I think I should just forget about it now.

4. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    really works :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010

5. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    BINGO!!! Followed your directions and it worked perfectly. I have the new preview ccc2 installed. Killed and restarted MOM.exe in TaskManager. No reboot. Opened CCC and there is was.:thumbup:

[​IMG]
    By jaxmacfl at 2010-12-18Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Glad to have the Texture Filtering Quality slid bar and the Enable Surface Format Optimization box in Catalyst A.I. back too. Tried all other suggestions to no avail. Thankyou!!!!

6. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    It is probably the DEF registry under UMD that people missed to edit or add. They seems to be focus on the _NA registries and forgot about the _DEF etc.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    No problem. I edited the post to include step 1 which you already did.

8. eddiepropane

eddiepropane Member

GPU:
    HD6870
    I normally just go into the CCC section in start menu and restart the runtime after modding any reg settings etc, I'm lazy and it's only a couple of clicks lol

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    LOL, the runtime feature normally present with the CCC install is not found with CCC2 from the start menu's all program section.

10. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Where is regedit on window 7 64bit ultimate?

11. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    go to the "start" button and type regedit into the "search programs and files" field

12. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{ID}\0000\

just type regedit in search bar in start menu.

13. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Ok got it working.

14. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    [​IMG]
    the script really works, eqaa + mlaa + hq af :)

15. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    "It is probably the DEF registry under UMD that people missed to edit or add. They seems to be focus on the _NA registries and forgot about the _DEF etc."

Please explain that for me. I have edited the NA registeries but what about the DEF ? Where is that in the registry ?

Everyone seems to be getting this to work and I have a feeling I'm just missing something. I'm so close. :(

16. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    try this:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=334734&page=2
    search "Von Dach's bat and reg file is better" :)

17. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Okay, never mind about the DEF values. I found it. But when I click add string value, I just copy and paste TFQ_DEF = 1 and the two other values ? If I do that then it doesn't show the value on the data side. It just shows a blank variable on the data side. Is that supposed to be correct ?

Also, what is mom.exe ? I'm getting closer, don't give up on me.

18. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Alright, never mind yet again. : ) I added in the data values on the right side as per instructions. Now what ? Must I reboot after I've added in those variables ? What about mom.exe ? What is that and must I do anything further ?

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Wow, ok...what you were suppose to copy and paste as a string value was TFQ_DEF not TFQ_DEF=1. But I think you figured that out.

Once you've changed the values for the {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000 then added string values for {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000/UMD open up windows task manager. Tab over to Processes, right click on Mom.exe then choose end process. Wait a few seconds. Now move the mouse cursor up and click on File (you are still using Windows Task Manager). Select New Task (Run...). A screen will pop up. Type Mom.exe in the rectangle box named Open:________. Click on the OK button. Wait a few seconds and re open CCC.

20. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Alright, I did EVERYTHING you guys said. Entered the values, entered the strings. Went to task manager, ended mom.exe then ran new task....etc....mom.exe.

Nothing changed. Still no MLAA option listed in the 3D settings in CC. Agh, I've spent too much time on this. Thanks for everyone who tried to help but this really is a lost cause.