Cat 10.12 RC3 December 16, 2010 HotFix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Oh, they messed up the link then.

Go 6xxx owners!

3. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    It's a hotfix not a hotmiracle

5. FrostMTG

FrostMTG Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5850 1GB

Oh god, another one of these neckbeards that expect a performance increase in every single driver that is made, and will ever be made. And not even in games, but in some lame benchmarks.

Not even trolling, throw your PC away or give it to someone with some level of intellect, go back to playing your xbox 360

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Another below 8.80 version, guess it doesn't have the new CCC either?
    I guess the interesting part is if some of the performance drops for the 6xxx series is fixed in these.

8. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Can someone mobility mod it?

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Peoples tend to forget what happend after each new gpu release, include Nvidia or AMD/ATI cards...

3Dmark vantage: 2 driver after the release of GTX480, they take a 2K gain on vantage, free of charge .. same was goes for HD5870...

Dirt2: - AMD after 3 month had increase of nearly 10fps the perf in this game.
    - Nvidia have push nearly 13-15fps more with 480 2 months after the release of the cards.

BC2: - Amd have success to fix some problem of performance in some particular case, average goes up
    - Nvidia success to bring a large increase of fps in this games nearly around the GTX460 release .

And the list is long of games where games / perfs have been fixed driver after drivers after each release of new gpu, SC2, AVP, Metro2033 ( for nvidia ) ... Never globally, but for invidual case ..

This is only the first example who come to my mind, but Peoples tend to forget if drivers was never bring anything new, fix of performance, bug fixes, etc etc, you will never upgrade your drivers . exactly the same way it happend when a new game is released.

I don't say it will happend a miracle ( unlikely ), they will not be a global increase, but you can expect see game by game, some fixes of bugs ( maybe crash too ), counterperformance in some game as Dirt2 maybe who is just 1 fps faster of a 5870 ( maybe just the card don't perform well on it as it do on F1 ), and some increase on particular games.. where there's some particular tweaks who are needed or can be apply.
    Ofc this will not radically change the way it work, or the overall performance of the 6970. this will not bring the card to the 580 level .... and the card will not becoming 30% faster in average.

And ofc this is without speaking about CFX/SLI scaling improvement etc etc.

The cards are new, using a new architecture, this is why you have profile game / game in the drivers. If we was still test the GTX480 with the release driver, im not sure it will be the same perf on some game you see today with new drivers. Or maybe peoples say we can test the cards with release drivers or 10months old driver as it will have no change ?

10. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    I was being sarcastic u idiot,and i've never owned an Xbox 360.

Btw isnt it funny that the 5 series had a lil boost in performance with the 10.12's but 6 series didnt,oh u have a 5850 so i guess u have no complaints,68xx cards are not even 2 months old but i remember 12 months ago when there was quite a few 5 series users all whining about drivers then a few months after release the drivers got better.

Oh another 5 series user.

Same old CCC in these.

Again.. i was being sarcastic but its funny how ppl can jump on others in this place,get a sense of humour.

11. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    What it is the difference with the 10.12a rc2? i installed it a couple of hours ago.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It doesn't matter that its below the 8.80, its still the latest driver, as its dated yesterday, which is probably the same day it was finished, the 8.80 driver (10.12), is dated the 25th November, but thats not its finished date, thats the date ms signed it, its finish date will be a couple a weeks before that, as it takes ms a couple of weeks to do the signing, so the actual driver finish date, is probably around the 1st week of November, which makes these Rc3's over a month newer :)

13. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    The only difference from rc2 to rc3 is the support of the 69xx cards?

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Rc2's supported the 69xx also :)

EDIT: These wont have the new CCC2, as they are from the 10.11 branch.

15. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    What fixes or improvement then? unknown?

16. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

That's wrong. 10.12 is dated 25th and finished 25th/26th November. WHQL signatur process happened sometime after that date not before.

17. MISMCSA

MISMCSA Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB
    I'm starting to become confused with the release logic of the drivers. I haven't tried anything since the 10.10e. Since then it's been difficult to follow.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    If im wrong, then apologies for the misinformation, i thought that was the date they were signed off by ms :)

Either way, it still means this Rc3 is a newer driver, and i guess they are still in the 10.11 7.9 driver range, as the 6900 series were supposed to be launched in November (which is the 10.11 7.9 driver month), but then they announced they were delayed till December, so while the 69 cards have been delayed, their drivers havn't been, hence why they are still working on, and releasing them under the 10.11's 7.9 driver, i hope that makes sense :p

19. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    these are 15/12,16/12 made...so they are of course newer, dont care about numbers, just check the date of files in the folder extracted...i've tested...good package...and stable...:pc1:

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Look at my card.
    Of course it does matter for me, since 8.80 performs well on it.
    So why should I care about date when the driver version itself seems better for a 5870?
    I think these newer driver are for the 6xxx owners, since the 10.12 WHQL had some performance drops on particular those cards, while it had a nice boost on 5xxx series cards.