Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 5 (2010-12-09, the new file is uploaded)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Any news on the thread reading skills improvement? :) Commented just a few posts above, don't be lazy.

2. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    just noticed, sorry

3. edison

edison Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX680
    is there any way to disable the powertune of Cayman cards?

4. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    1)Have you checked the control center?

2)Why would you want to do that?

3)What does that have to do with AB?

5. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    this is the voltage controller and also what memory is used for the 69xx reference boards, hopefully this will help someone figure this out

memory

http://www.hynix.com/products/graph...nu3=05&RK=26&RAM_NAME=GDDR5 SDRAM&SUB_RAM=2Gb

a bit of extra info:
    The voltage regulator is controlled by a Volterra VT1556MF chip, while each phase is driven by a Volterra VT1636SF chip, which integrated the functions of the traditional three MOSFET transistors that are required (translation: higher efficiency). Unfortunately Volterra doesn’t post datasheets. The voltage regulator also uses ferrite-core coils (which makes the regulator to present higher efficiency because they present lower energy loss than iron-core coils) and solid capacitors

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  6. Xenofin

Xenofin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX470
    Hi!
    I installed this version 2.1 beta 5 version on top of the version 2.0 (without first uninstalling the previous version). I had no problems whatsoever when using version 2.0.

Now, with this 2.1 beta5 version fan control seem not to work properly. When 3d application i.e. game starts, sometimes fan speed stays at minimum level (set to 40% and auto with custom curve). All the settings are the same as with version 2.0. My PC is in sleep mode when not used, it is not shut down fully and this might be the cause because problem does not happen if I shut down my PC and then start it. Afterburner works properly after that. Same thing happens intermittently when I switch user account to another back and forth.

This is not related to overclocking, it happens also with default clocks and voltages.

My PC specs are:

Core i7-860, ASUS GTX470 SLI, 8GB RAM, ASUS P7P55D Evo MB, Windows 7 Pro x64, Corsair HX750W PSU

7. Unwinder

Sorry but search for other source of your problems. There were no changes in fan control layer in the recent versions. Cannot help you, sorry.

8. solidsteel144

solidsteel144 Active Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD 5970
    Hello, Unwinder.
    Are there any plans to implement a control for PowerTune the new Radeon HD 6900 series has?
    Thanks.

9. Unwinder

Nope, no such plans. And furthermore, AMD doesn't export an API for controlling it via third party applications yet.

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    have cards arrived for testing yet unwinder?

11. Unwinder

Nope yet, 6950 and 6970 are expected to arrive to Moscow MSI office in the beginning of the next week. Then it will take a couple more days to travel to me (I'm located roughly in 1000Km from Moscow). Hopefully I'll be able to install them till NY.

12. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Since no one said it yet,
    Merry Christmas, Unwinder.

13. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    YAY not long now, merry christmas dude, sorry about before:)

14. Xenofin

Xenofin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX470
    Thank you for your answer.
    I suspected there was no changes in fan control. Anyhow, it seems that auto fan control setting (in main window with fan speed indication) does not stay selected when just logging off, as if the setting is not saved any more. I have set auto fan control on and saved it to profile (default clocks are loaded during windows start up) and this is working when powering on the system and logging in, but not when returning from the sleep mode and logging in the system.

OK. I'm trying next to uninstall this beta version and installing 2.0 version again, no problems with that IIRC.

15. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    any news on any more updates

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no new years champagne for you :p

look forward to the next release Alexey , Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

17. giusemanuel

giusemanuel Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 5970 2gb
    Hi,
    i want signal a bug of msi afterburner v2.0.0 an v 2.1.0 beta 5 about the frequency of 5970 in iddle.
    In the Catalyst Control Center(CCC) it's possible view the frequecy o gpu core and memory.
    In particular the frequency in iddle of gpu1 check in(CCC) are 157/300Mhz
    while for gpu2 is 0/0 in order (clock gpu/clock memory).
    Instead the frequency in iddle detected by MSI AFTERBURNER are 157/300Mhz for gpu1 and 735/1010 for gpu2.
    Msi afetrburner should shows also 0/0 for gpu2 and no 735/1010 that is the frequency of 3d.

i allege an image where is possible to see this problem of msi.
    [​IMG]

Is it possible resolve this problem?
    thanks

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  18. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Nevermind...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  19. jimmyz

jimmyz New Member

It does "run" at zero colcks, It is the second core in the card which isn't used for 2d so it shuts off when not in use.

20. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    If that's true then I stand corrected, but is this a bug in afterburner? If he's using AB to control the voltages, that turns off powerplay anyway...