Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    by the time i hit 40 i could probably buy 10 f10s just grinding the high paying ovals. rather than spending weeks of my life grinding endurance races.

2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    rather than grindng to lv40 A-Spec, get to lv35 B-Spec and you get something miles better! :p

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    QFT really x1 buy f10 profit. or if you can silver or gold the vettle challenges trade that 3rd x1 for the f07 and the f10.

Level 28 ready to grind the indy 500.....tomorrow....any kind X1 owners lend me their car to do it? :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  4. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    SV's challenge is hard! the car has tons of grips, thus very controllable. problem is how you would drive it at its limits and maximizing the car's potential (mainly due to the insane speeds, everything you do with the car is in fast-forward mode), and that's the hard part.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea gonna study the gold videos watched a few, lest tell the gearing and stuff. But still got 2 levels to grind on a gdamn oval lol still better than laguna seca i guess, X1 would make it quick as hell to since you can enter any car into the indy race. Barring that gonna use my minolta, since it pretty much as fast as the FGT and a hell of alot more stable.

6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    is the 88C-V faster than the 787B? i may have to beat like the wind, so i can use it as a substitute for my hardworking (and aging) 787B. i recently got promoted to lv23, from 17, when i completed Monza from the X1 challenge. lol

btw, what site can i use to upload files? i created a neat excel file for calculating which events are the most economical.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    not sure about those cars i do not own them but the minolta you get for free and it pushed something like 1040 hp and under 900kg with turbo. I perfer it over the FTG and i set near identical times on ovals with either. I mena once you get up to 230 mph+ on a oval it really does not matter handling drafting i can get like 240 before the bends, and do not even have to shift out of 6th with softs on can just let off the throttle scrub some speed going into the turn back on back off next straight.

Love the minolta just wish it were a premium car. Bit tricky on race courses, especially with a stage 3 turbo, but ovals it eats them.

But considering the X1 can do like 330 mph and has more grip than a f1 car bet it could do the indy in half the time of the FTG or minolta or any race car for that matter.

HMm i like filefront for files it free its fast and did not even have to register to upload or download for that matter.

8. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    B-Spec Data Keeper
    B-Spec Data Keeper (97-2003 Excel File)

it's a little data keeper for all your xp and credit earnings, which then computes which ones give the most amount of xp and credits per minute. just input the data under Credits, XP and Completion Time and it should automatically give out the credits/min (CPM) and Exp/min (XPM). for championship series, i've included a "Bonus Field" for the Championship bonus. fill those in as well and it should also compute for the CPM including the bonus.

btw, to input time, use this formats:

non-endurance:
    mm:ss.ss (m-minutes; s-seconds)

Endurance Races:
    hh:mm:ss.ss (h-hour; m-minutes; s-seconds)

also, i've inserted fields such as car used and B-spec bob management to give users a better perspective when comparing results such as "which car did [event] the fastest", "which race required the least supervision of Bob", etc.

i have also locked some of the fields that contains the formulas to prevent accidental mishaps. but if you feel like editing it for your need, i wrote the password in one of the cells beside the main tables (it's 123456).

that's pretty much it. i'll post the same on GTP for the other users. enjoy, and i hope it helps. :)

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    nice lol bit late, but thanks, just woke up and found that bob won the indy 500 unmanned. now he is 3/4 way to 29. did one before i went to bed and had the pit at 10% on and they pitted too much so i had to spur them on, but turned it to 0 for the 2nd go and i guess that worked better since they won.

Now it is my turn to see how fast i can do it takes them like 2.5 hours in the minolta.

10. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI

All the other races in nascar series are easy, I got Gold at first with an enormous lead.

Only daytona is just Fuc*** up, I understand the concept of slipstream, but on that track is just stupid, that is not slipstream thats just a stupid AI boost.

Some cars just overtake from last place to first with out even being behind any of the other cars, with enough speed to catch me like I am standing still, bump me in the back and trow me off track lol

And I when I start a race if I want to change the car settings or tires I have to go back to the main menu and suffer all the loadings again? Is it that difficult to create a restart button?

its because of people like that in the link that this game as major flaws, they just idolize any kind of shi* that kazunori yamauchi gives, so kazunori yamauchi dont even bother.

Personally I would like to beat the crap out of him.

For god sake the cars still don´t even have working reverse lights!!!

11. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    turn ABS to 0, helped a lot on that nascar challenge

12. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    im bored of it tbh.

GT4 is still the better of the two for me, b spec mode on GT4 is awesome and actually works!!!

i dont know if that letter was a sarcy or not :p where is this backup feature that is mentioned?

13. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I know that ;) but the problem inst the handling but the AI.

Other thing that this games fails so much is the actual buying off cars.

Of the 1000 cars only 200 or so are premium, and you can only buy premium cars on the dealerships, the rest you just have to pray for them to appear on the used car list.

So if you want or need a specific car that isn't premium forget it its like playing the lottery.

I currently need a car for extreme german touring cars and cant find one.

All cars should be in the dealership, some makes don´t even show, like RUF the porche ripoff.

So the game has 1000+ cars but you cant have them all.

Its going to be hard for me to really regret buying his game but I should waited for it to go platinum since its not worth the 45€ I payed, 20€ tops...

And I am going berserk if they charge for PSN content that had options that should have been there in the first place.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Mega update due that 20th or so, will be awhile till they start charging for stuff, they sure are not going to charge for bug fixes and game tweaks. Now the new premium cars and stuff...those they probably will charge for. Just hope when it comes to it you can buy cars indivudally or in manufacturer packs rather than wholesale.

15. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I hope not, I feal raped enough as it is.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well it is not like you have to buy anything they charge for is it?

Only thing i loathe about the game, aside from the AI, but used to bad AI in gt games, is the XP system i just hate it. I do not mind grinding for cash so i can buy cars i done that through the whole gt series, but these xp races grind my gears, especially since they do not pay squat. Races that take 2+ hours should pay you 2 ot 4 times what they pay now just to keep me interested in them, once i get level 30 i think i am done with the xp grind my bots can go get 40 while i sleep.

Me i will be doing what the game does best buying cars and driving cars. That the game does well if you can focus on it rather than the fail bits.

17. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    then I wish you good luck buying the cars you really want ;)

I already have the 3 Volvos so I can rest easy.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Volvos boxy but good :). God i remember the 80s volovs ugly cars lol.

Got most of the cars i want, will have a f10 if kaz gets around to letting us gt5p people import our cars and cash like he said he wanted to do. Beyond that just want to collect all the premium cars, think i got 120 of the 200 in my garage at the moment.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I'm hoping for a patch where I can backup my savegame...

If they would turn ALL cars into premiums, then I would be willing to buy a DLC, but if they only turn a few, cba.

@JPMATRIX

Open up a license test, cycle from 1 to 5, exit (don't race them). The used car lot will be fully refreshed, currently been doing that far ages now, trying to get the Formula GT. There's plent of german touring cars in there eventually, I did that championship with a BMW GTR Race Car.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea kaz said they would add a feature to backup your save game. So maybe this mega update is the one will do it, hope they fix shadows some more i think they improved a tad in the 1.03 update but still need some work. HOpe b-s[ec ai gets a few more tweaks 1.03 helped some but could always use some improvment on some tracks.

Oh and we might all get 3 chromeline cars for xmas. Bit of confusion if it is JP only or everyone, guess we will see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.