October 25th last 400 series drivers C'mon Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RagDoll_Effect, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Oh really? There have been complaints of low-GPU utilization with every driver for the 400 series.....great fix!! They fixed it without anyone finding out!!!

3. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    To confirm, those drivers still not working sli for 3dmark 11 :(

4. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Guys the driver dates are in flux CONSTANTLY. They can change daily, based on what bugs are still unfixed and how long bugs take to address. Sometimes bugs don't always turn out to be as easy a fix as predicted *gasp*. Sometimes new bugs are found and rather than have guys like some of the whiners here complaining about "buggy releases", NVIDIA would rather delay a day or two to fix them, if the issues are deemed important enough.

There are hundreds of engineers involved in the final driver release, and different parts of the driver. Some of the bugs that come up you *would not want* to run into on your machine. Trust me. It's worth the wait.

Given the fact that not a single person in the world knows when the driver will actually ship (not even in NVIDIA, because no one knows if everything will be resolved by that date) Manuel could either 1) give you an estimated date, prone to slipping or 2) give you nothing at all. Would you really rather just have dead silence?

It's pretty much impossible to win with some of you guys... if they release with bugs you complain. If they delay to fix the bugs you complain. What gives?

5. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    I have been very happy with the driver releases for my GTX 480 ...

Havent have any problems with games and so on ;0)

Except i have to stay over 60 FPS or it stutters like hell. But with an OC its not a problem ;0)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  6. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Look i know your pissed and i know how you feel i've been through it many times but ManualG isn't to blame. It's the other tossers higher up

7. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    So where are the drivers that were going to be out middle of this week?Got one more day.:)

8. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Someone said they are delayed again till early next week :(

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Any new rumours or dates for new Nvidia drivers as of late ?

10. Silviu

Silviu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI
    Post from ManuelG on nvidia forums "Looks like our software team needed a couple of extra days for final QA work so the driver will be available beginning of next week. "

11. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    This^^^. im about done with nvidia,amd and pc gaming in general.
    Its just getting worse and worse every year. Its not worth it. imo

12. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    You come on a PC forum and say this... lol PC gaming doesn't need or want you anyway, so stop trolling the boards here...

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    AMD/ATI releases monthly driver updates. There's no real speculation as to when the next driver is coming....it's guarranteed to be released before the end of the month.

PC Gaming has been slowly dieing for years. It doesn't really matter what any game studio does... Game Studios are focusing on consoles, trying to have the best game available on each console. There's only so many variations that can be done of the same game....and that number gets smaller with every game. Every FPS....regardless of the underlying story and graphics engine, is really no different from the one before it. People are becoming less and less willing to buy new installments of what is essentially the same game. RPG style games are the only games that really change due to the games revolving around a story line of some sort. All games suffer from massive repetition though.

For nVidia....this isn't the first time they've gone an extended period of time without a driver release. This is just the first time they've hyped their cards, while delaying their release....then had severe driver problems. nVidia actually released the first driver with official support for the 7600GS AGP, 3 months after they released the card. The release of a graphics card without a single supporting driver should have been devistating....but due to the PCI Express transition, it was completely unnoticed except by those stuck with AGP at the time. nVidia will eventually release another driver for the GTX400 series...unless they want to go bankrupt from Class-Action lawsuits...and unfortunately, it won't really have any impact on them.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nvidia driver have been pretty slow recently, and defintely the worst i've experienced in the last few years, hopefully the redeem themselves in the new year, as while the Quadro's have been fantatic, i really shouldn't have to be using them.

Originally i thought it was because they has something special planned for the release of the 6950/6970 cards, but now, im not so sure, and think Nvidia were more concerned with getting new hardware out.

Suppose we can rest assured that the drivers aren't as bad as AMD ones, the majority of the AMD guys hate those drivers with a passion, but if im honest i think both sides just like to moan.

15. xinhang

xinhang Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 SSC
    I agree with you. PC games have been going down hill (exception being MMORPG).

16. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

@xinhang totally agree dude, i think its about time they slow down on the releases of hardware and finally up the tempo of software/games, half the games released arent even dx11, still running dx10 and cant even utilize our new gpu's... seriously tho..

17. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    maybe we'll get a nice christmas present?
    i'm not in a hurry for new drivers. i'm just hoping i will see a good improvement on the 260.99whql set, anyway maybe i'm right and something exciting this way comes.

18. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Meh I'm starting to get stutters with CoreAVC on 263.00WHQL. Didn't have this problem 2 days ago.

I don't need a new set of performance drivers though as I have nothing to play on my PC :/ But bugfixes and general improvements will be greatly appreciated.

19. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

use the 265.90 drivers :)

20. Captain Mazda

Captain Mazda Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580
    Haha, go buy a ****box you drama queen.