Cayman XT and PRO are Radeon HD 6970 and HD 6950

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Xzibit, Oct 19, 2010.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    they wouldnt make a card that equals a 5870 in some games trust me, this card is going to beat the crap out of the 5870 it replaces, remember this is only a refresh, I dont care for the 580 comparison to much now, if the cards close to 5970 perf for 5870 launch prices and power draw Im a happy man.

2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Think your in for some disappointment mate, doubt 6970 will get close to 5970

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    What do you call 3 frames faster in AVP then, i certainly wouldn't get shot of a 5870 for an extra 3 frames :p

4. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 965/1930/4400

5. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    6970 tesselation performance is inferior to one gtx480, let alone gtx580.
    AMD 6970 have two tesselation units compared to 5870, but that is not not enough.
    I had a 5970 and it can't beat a gtx480 in unigine benchmark.
    AMD will have the peformance crown when 6990 card is released.

6. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    We are comparing sigle GPU cards, right?
    Also in 3DMark11 GTX580 beat 6970 by 25%.

7. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    keep dreaming nvidia fellows...it's good...and healthy...

8. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    As far as tesselation goes, I'm glad ATI are still working on improving it, but I still haven't seen anything that you can actually play use it to great effect yet.

At the moment, it may as well be a synthetic benchmark.

9. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    Keep dreaming AMD fellows, that's all you have left. Just a dream about 6970 superiority.

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Tbh, both "fellows" are dreaming. Very few people know for sure what the deal is, so frankly both camps making any substantial claims are pulling things out of thin air.

The 6970 could be awesome, or it could be a let down, or it could be the usual slightly less powerful, but significantly better value. Who knows. But until then, stop implying the other side is composed of nothing but fanboys, since neither side knows the full score. It just looks arrogant and stupid.

And God, does anyone in this thread actually know what a troll is?

11. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    i repeat do you know what "HUGE" means...??? ;)

i see a green giant fallinggggg(it will be continued in 2-3 days, stay tuned)

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I'll believe such extraordinary claims when I see the evidence. Frankly, all you are doing is flamebaiting, and stirring up a mess. Either give us some facts or kindly stfu.

13. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    Having a bad day?

I am not dreaming, just comparing real numbers.

And why using hard word as arrogant & stupid? Reading your posts makes obvious what troll is.

14. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    "extraordinary claims" <<-- are you serious..?? did you even believed even by a little any benchmark posted from the first day in here...??? that's your problem i guess... ;)

the truth will be unveiled on Dec15,2010...until then fall in love with NDA and fakers...

good luck people, i'll post again on 15th of december...

15. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    STALKER Call Of Pripyat 6970 and 5870 at 1920x1200
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    dragomirc
    Hey man, how are you doing!

16. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Comparing real numbers that could have been made up! Nothing is official until the NDA lifts, and we get some official, unbiased (from most places) reviews and benchmark results. So all I am saying is that people need to stop acting like anything they read in here is fact. Even though some of it may be true, and I have no doubt some of the stuff in here is valid, we don't know until the 15th.

I use words like arrogant and stupid because people taking any numbers in here (which, as we have discussed, mean nothing yet) as fact are only going to take the numbers they like. That's what people do. That is my issue. Claiming anything in here is factual, or making any judgements about it, is arrogant because it implies you know that it is the case, when in fact no one does. And stupid because, well, these people aren't realising they know no more than the next person. And the next person is usually a fan of the other brand, so we end up getting this back and forth of bull****, instead of some genuine intellectual discussion.

And if you think my posts count as troll attempts, well, you have either the wrong end of the stick or a severly incorrect definition of a troll.

Also, it's my first day off in 11 straight days of work and over 100 hours. So I am actually in a very good mood, which just goes to show how retarded it can get in this thread.

No, I didn't believe, that's the frickin' point. And the last part of your post does nothing but justify what I said earlier. If you have any evidence of what you are saying, you would post it. If you did have evidence, but were honouring the NDA, you wouldn't need to stfu, because you wouldn't have said anything so charged in the first place.

All claims like "the truth will be unveiled on Dec15,2010" do nothing but **** stir. It is not helpful to the thread, has no reason to be here, and just causes the other side to do something as stupid.

Was Guru3D always like this?

17. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Skiddywinks
    Sir, relax, everything will be fine :)

18. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    Doing great, hope you are well to.

Well we are here just chatting and considering possible options before reviews comes up.
    No need to build any kind of tension here.

After reading quite Chinese sites I figured out that 80% of them posting close numbers, from 6970 specification to synthetic benchmarks. I lean to think that 80% is enough to be treated as true.

If proven wrong on Dec 15 I will accept that and no harm done.

And you enjoy your off work time.

19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I am very relaxed, especially considering I am sober and ran out of cider yesterday. But thanks for the concern about my blood pressure!

Speculation and discussion is all well and good, especially of the intelligent varieties. It's just some of the stuff posted here does no good for anyone or anything. It's as if it's posted just for the ****s and giggles. I am not saying the whole thread is for nought; there has been some genuinely interesting and intelligent deduction and speculation. But some stuff just seems like it's only here to poke the other side, and and people taking anything as fact at this point is worthless.

I don't disagree with anything you have said in the last post, my only issue is that any number of these sources could be biased, or using bad testing methods. No doubt the 80% or similar results you mentioned could be spot on, but until I see some serious scientific method to the testing, there is no point in taking anything as fact yet. And some people seem to be getting up in arms about the other side's claims, when there is no point in doing anything other than looking at them and thinking "Hmm, interesting".

None of these leaks, and kind of pointless ONE benchmark results, give us any real idea about the card as a whole. Sure, this result is interesting, that result could give us a clue to something, but in the end people are making conclusions when they don't have any facts.

For the sake of clarifying, none of my rants have been specifically aimed at you (unless you are guilty of the things I was talking about!), merely general observations of the thread. Nothing you have said or done has stood out, that's for sure. So I appreciate your civility and continued input to this thread. It's just some of this stuff looks like it was written by 12 year olds arguing in the playground, and that is not the kind of stuff I come to Guru for.

And I did enjoy my time off work, thank you. Shame it's over so quickly and I am back in again tomorrow! One day off! What slave drivers!

20. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Hmm been a douche long?

Anyhow back on topic, Ill think ill wait for reviews before i think about buying one, If it doesnt fiar that well ill just buy another 5870 seeing as they are reasonably cheap now.